It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney did what? Really?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Most of my so called "friends" are so in love with Mitt that I can't get through to them. Everytime I try and show them that both Obama and Romney are the same I get called every name under the sun, Paulbot being the most popular title I get. Someone shared this picture about Romney with me, what do ya say?

Mod Note: Please Review :Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:41:32 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

For a guy who has worked for free for 28 years, he sure is doing pretty well. Dont believe everything you read.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I say that "That's not a full picture of the kind of man Mitt Romney is, and doesn't account for the reasoning behind such actions" myself...

You can be the kindest, best-hearted man in the world and still be entirely wrong for the office of President in my book, and when your stated policies are analyzed or reviewed and shown to drive this country further into debt, prolong terrible policies and decisions with much negative impact on your own citizens, and likely result in an ongoing and increasing loss of civilian life at the hands of our troops in other nations, then I don't think you're qualified as you apparently have no understanding of the limits on US governmental authority or the founding principles of this nation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I even tried sharing the top post on ATS, 40 points that Romney and Obama are the same. I was immediately labeled a trouble maker, a brat, a Paulbot, and a bigot. I don't get it, how can people be this blind and dumb?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Most of my so called "friends" are so in love with Mittens that I can't get through to them

Man, that's harsh.
This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of such a scenario.. You mean Mitt Romney finally has a group of *actual* supporters?? The media really scored one with this Paul Ryan nonsense.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh Geez....it come's down to the lesser of both evils ...yeah I'm gonn vote for Mitt. Hope he pulls one out of his hat, cause if he dosen't...The U.S. is going down the toilet and the people too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily call these people my friends, I'm in a few conservative discussion groups and I thought I would try and get people to understand who they're voting before they goto the polls. I was relentlessly attacked immediately. Was told my opinion on politics didn't matter because I'm in my mid twenties.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Globalist Scum Bags do stuff for free all the time.

Don't you know it's really easy to give away money when you have more than you can spend?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Looking at the first item....

www.politifact.com...

specfriggintacular.wordpress.com...

Apparently he was already rich and didn't need the money.
but he does have a charitable streak in him.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It seems like the only sane people that understand what's really going on not only in US politics but in the world is the ATS community. Everybody I talk to is either a crazy Obama or Romney supporter.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Of course, all rich people give to charity because they can write it all off come tax time!

Not necessarily related, but I once had to do volunteer work at Goodwill and people would donate their bags of trash. The workers sometimes couldn't check it fast enough and they would get a reciept for bags of whatever they said was in there (ie clothes, etc). People rarely genuinely donate for good reasons anymore.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is what someone responded to me with. Gave me a few laughs,

Mitt Romney.

*Personal Information:.

· His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney.

· He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old..

· His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan.

· He was Raised in: Bloomfield Hills , Michigan.

· He is Married to: Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.

· Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University , J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University.

· Religion: Mormon – The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.

*Working Background:.

· After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary..

· After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney..

· In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States ..

· In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy..

· He was President and C.E.O. of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games..

· In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit..

*Some Interesting Fact about Romney:.

· Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts , turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people..

· Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others..

· He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year..

· He was an unpaid intern in his dad’s governor’s office for eight years..

· He was an unpaid bishop and stake president of his church for ten years. The stories of his personal involvement in helping others, as well as his annual gifts to charities continue to be impressive..

· He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years. He stepped in to take over a troubled Organizing Committee and oversaw the making of the the Games successful. (A very complex task, accomplished because of his leadership and experience in working with people for a common goal.).

· He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years..

· He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity..

· Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men. (In fact, it's difficult to find another man even close in this respect!)

*Mitt Romney’s background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent President of the United States .

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If you notice, all those titles are positions of power.

When you're worth 300 million it isn't about money but perception.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Don't feed the troll, that's the only intent of this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Did you even read the OP? No you didn't, because if you did you would have understood the intent of the thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My ATS was linked by "accident" to the wrong thread.
edit on 17-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: wrong thread

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's real funny, I am a very...very thorough person... I could have sworn not to click on this thread. My post was posted on this thread..................................................

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Dude... he donated that inheritance to Brigham Young University for the George W. Romney School of Public Management!

He wasn't feeding any poor people with that; he was donating to his own family legacy.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That doesn't seem to matter to people with they're head buried in the sand. I was told I'm too much into the "truth" because I'm young.
edit on 17-8-2012 by shadowmyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I've been a fan of Romney since he was Governor of Mass., I didn't realize him and Paul Ryan went back so far.

<<   2 >>

join