It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agencied tamp down speculation over hollow-point ammo purchases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Noticd this on Foxnews... kinda made me snicker...

www.foxnews.com...

Well guess they are trying to answer our questions now, sorry if this has already been posted!

Bonsai!

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But the Social Security Administration statement, posted Thursday, noted that their agents need firearms and ammo in the course of training, investigations and responding to threats against offices and employees. ammo-purchases

To me "responding to threats against offices and employees. " is by no means denying the possibility that this is all in response to civil unrest...

edit on 17-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Social Security Agents use guns? Why...I don't understand..what exactly do they do that they need firearms? I thought Social Security dept would be mostly administration type jobs. Typing, paperwork..printing checks....Do any of you work for SS dept or know someone that does....I'm curious why they are armed?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah Social Security uses guns and ammo guess to shoot all those old people gives new meaning to "death panels"..

Doesn't make sense at all the "government agencies" buying ammo, and it does not make and sense at the millions of rounds being purchased at our expense.

Take your pick of conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Lol I was just about to throw this up here. Seems to me like they are scrambling for justification. Why else would they respond to "those weird/insane crackpot mentally retarded conspiracy theorists" unless the nail was hit on the head and people were starting to stir in their sheep sleep.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Uh, you don't generally shoot target practice with hollow points. Taken at face value, there should still be a public outcry at them purchasing some of the spendier ammunition to plink at little paper cutouts. Basic wad cutters or roundnose lead is a much more economical, sensible target round. I do not buy this explanation and still smell troubled happenings afoot here.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA has specialized agents??? WHAT THE HUH?

"NOAA officers and agents enforce the nation's ocean and fishing laws to ensure a level playing field for fishermen and to protect marine species like whales, dolphins and turtles,"

46,000 Rounds to protect fishes???

edit on 20-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know if these bullet orders are just routine purchases? Are they part of the yearly budget of the SSA, NOAA, Homeland Security, etc.?

When was the last time these agencies ordered all these bullets??

top topics

join