It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any people know about a decent home water filter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So I want to get one that pretty much blocks as much as possible metals/hormones/chlorine I'm in the UK and would like to know if anyone has tried some out.

What are you're experiences.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
So I want to get one that pretty much blocks as much as possible metals/hormones/chlorine I'm in the UK and would like to know if anyone has tried some out.

Best water

There's what you're looking fir. It comes with a dissolved solids meter. My tap was 250 and when I ran it through the filter, 0.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ive been told you want one that does reverse osmosis.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Reverse osmosis water filters by Katadyn are for marine use and home use, but they are real good, they are for desalination also so you can take salt water right out if the ocean and turn it into pure drinking water.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro

Originally posted by definity

Best water

There's what you're looking fir. It comes with a dissolved solids meter. My tap was 250 and when I ran it through the filter, 0.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

These little dinky fridge fillers suck. They only REDUCE a small percentage of what they advertize. This one only REDUCES lead and chromium. Their is a big list of chemicals that need to be removed. A revers osmosis system with a fluoride filter is good. Ceramic filters with fluoride filter works well and micro filters with fluoride filters work well.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

agreed but these are a pretty penny

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
RO is good, but expensive.

Ceramic is good too, but expensive, and you have to clean it, but you'll never really get it clean.

Do yourself and your wallet a favor. Go on a popular internet auction site and get two 20" filter housings and a half dozen of each of carbon block filters and sediment filters. Get both filters at 1 micron filtering size. Change them every six months.

Then, stop wondering/worrying about your water.

If fact, I recommend each and everyone of you reading this, if you don't have a decent filter setup already, get one. Fluoride, Chlorine, Lead, Chromium.... the list goes on and on, just get some filters...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi there, congrats for caring about water! It is so important to drink to your health , As humans we are made of 50%-70% water (I've found quite a range when testing perecentages of friends and family ) ..... Anyways. I love distilling water. Its worth every penny. There is a company called Water Wise which I support and love, but there are others which are more expensive seeming. You will thank your self for years for investing in a distiller. Have you checked out some of the water image photography? Beautiful evidence of how treated water crystalline structure looks. Distilling > RO, > Filter> Tap> .....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't care if it is expensive or cheap I just want as many possibilities as I can get.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They say ultraviolet water treatment systems are good. Not sure what they would cost in the UK, but from what I gather they are only a couple hundred dollars here in Canada. Not very expensive, but anyone I know who has them, like them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
does anyone one out there have a good water filter product out there that will specifically remove fluoride ?? and is priced good?

only need something small for 1-2 people but open to various options. i currently have a pur system for faucet

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
does anyone one out there have a good water filter product out there that will specifically remove fluoride ?? and is priced good?

only need something small for 1-2 people but open to various options. i currently have a pur system for faucet

anyone!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join