It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't have much money, need to know cheap ways to survive !!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I dont want to sound rude or arrogant, because im not, but the first thing you could do is to cancel your internet subscription. That would save you some bucks.
edit on 17-8-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Yup easiest way (legally) EBT n they might even throw in some cash aid... Kind of a dumb question really....

So, you think EBT will be available after an economic collapse?
Kind of a dumb answer really....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I don't have much money, need to know cheap ways to survive !!!! Where to get food, what can i do, what are my options ....

If you have no skills, get into the back house of a kitchen (restaurant). Doing dishes will put you in a place that you can get food in your tummy. If you can wait on tables thats better instant coinage the same too, along with a free meal.
besides the near dog food quality cheap food, try eating a chocolate candy bar and a scoop of peanut butter it will give you the energy you need to get through the day.

Learn how to see everyone as a potential business partner. Find out how you can help them and how they can help you (barter)...always deal honestly and don't make deals you don't feel are fair yet, consider your needs...If you say you will do something, do it and give 110%, word will get around and odd jobs and food will appear.
Duct tape, box cutters... I keep a "macgyver box" in my trunk.... it has everything I need to make my own shelter, fire, (my fishing kit fits in a film roll container), filet knife, axe,can opener,etc.... Go around your neighborhood and scan for yard sales on friday/saturday.... I saw someone selling MRE'S 50 cents a package just last week. Turn your situation into an adventure and before you know it, it won't even feel like a "situation" anymore.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
buy gun
shoot critter
eat critter

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

If the economy collapses than you need to find someone to work for who will provide food and shelter for your work. People will need help making gardens and fixing things but will have worthless money. Their food may last for a while but growing food will be a priority. In this situation, room and board is plenty of pay and will benefit both of you. Buy some seeds so you will have something to offer, they are cheap this time of year since the season for planting is done. Learn what a rake, shovel, and hoe are and how to use them. Study about growing things a little. Learn how to fix things. If you learn that living is the best part of life and any job is better if you change your attitude so you enjoy it, life is not hard. If you enjoy working and have interest in learning, work will come to you. Honesty is a good virtue as is responsibility.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Squirrel is great but it needs to hang for a while. Woodchuck sucks, way to wild of a taste. Skunk
I don't know if I could clean one.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I read an article about a year ago on chia seeds that said a person could survive for a year on 10 lbs. of chia seeds and be perfectly healthy.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I see now why you posted. I just saw this on Reuters

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Most of the threatening mobile phone text messages and website images that spread panic among migrants from cities in the south and west of India last week originated in Pakistan, India's interior ministry said on Saturday. Thousands of students and workers from India's northeast fled Mumbai, Bangalore and other cities, fearing retaliation for recent violence against Muslims in Assam, one of the states in their far-flung corner of the country. The false rumors of Muslim revenge attacks were fuelled by threats posted on social media websites and spread through text messages. Migrants were also alarmed by misleading images that purported to show victims of mass killings.

Source

No wonder you are looking for answers.

Please stay in touch with us here at ATS to let us know that you are alright and to keep us posted on the situation there.

Keeping you in my thoughts...Best wishes and please take care.

ETA For those that did not catch it, The OP is in Bangalore. On page 1 they posted:

posted on 17-8-2012 @ 02:18 PM this post ahh..sorry i did not post a lot of info I am in India, Bangalore.. some of you might have heard that city.. I do have a job but i definitely cannot store any food as i live in a rented room.. I got really no clue what so ever what might be the situation when the SHTF.. Not gonna be pretty..its a heavy Urban area lots of people..lots of drunk people and honestly am afraid of the people far more than anything else, as they will never be able to keep calm...(sheeple) I don't know if there ever will be a massive SHTF scenario down here but if there is..I will need to somehow survive for 1st 1 month.. think 1 month is enough for all hell to break loose and then calm back down after everything is..........dead......... soo..if i where to carry something of 15-20 Kg's worth of stuff around..what would be a good idea.... edit on 17-8-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given) edit on 17-8-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ramen noodles
mac and cheese
cheerios
chicken

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Don't die is the best survival advice you could ever hear.
Really, creatures that don't want to die are hard to kill. Ask any hunter.
Learn to identify edible fungi, flora, and fauna. Wandering your environment foraging for a hobby is a great way to learn.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Learn how to survive without money,best advice i can give..
edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
GET A JOB? Right>? make money and stock up for American warfare!!!
2ND line

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Perhaps you missed many of the posts in this thread that talk about the OP being in India

But judging from the posts from the past day, you arent the only one

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If you can get some of these or these maybe
they are easy to store and have a high caloric count. Also firesteel
and some type of water purification method would be a must. Stay safe!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

seeing how your in india, and after reading this
MP law: 7 yrs in jail for eating beef, cops can raid on mere suspicion
i kinda thought that the beef thing had lightened up there,guess not.
i bet there are a lot of cows running around, and i bet there well be a lot of burgers up on the grill, in a shtf scenario.

i might get flamed for this but here's a little joke,

what did ganhdi say when he got shot? holy cow!

but really you need to get away from the heavily populated areas, i know that might be kinda hard in india, and i don't know what the rural areas are like. maybe you can find a place to hole up and learn to live off the land.learn how to fish, hunt, what you can eat in the wild to survive,can you fight do you have a gun. if not better learn how and get one, when and if it hits it's gonna get deep and if you survive the first of it for a while it's gonna be dog eat dog.

edit on 20-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Check out flee markets! You can get some really useful stuff, For really good deals. And you can Barter too. Don't be afraid to ask for a lower price

My B.O.B is pretty much made out of flee market materials, Aside from firearms.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Buy a gun,

but go through flea market/swap meets or word of mouth

don't get one with a paper trail.

Pistol for protection, also a hunting rifle, fishing pole, common sense and you'll have all the meat you want.

read up on plants and herbs, mushrooms and learn by sight which ones are edible, which ones are medicinal, Acetaminophen aka tylenol comes from certain tree bark, Aspirin comes from plants, there are analgesics and antibiotic type plants as well.

learn those and you'll be 1000 times ahead of the game

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
2 minute noodles. Pasta and sauce. Buy in bulk. Don't go out. Get a better paying job.
Become a successful stock market trader!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join