It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese secret delegation enter Iran for getting RQ-170 drone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It may not be valuable to the Pentagon but it sure is to the Russians and Chinese. I feel pity for the people of those countries, they're the ones who it's going to be watching.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I could care less about military prowess or the US for that matter...all im saying is good luck finding a document on line that provides the exact info your looking for in regard to the matter at hand...any technical data is still likely classified and thus unavailable to yer little smarm hunt.

And with that last quipet of yours, I now understand where your motivations lies....

I really don't care if you find me credible.....like you point out...Im adding a opinion. Ignorance goes both ways....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
There is no evidence it was in Iranian airspace. Iran using that as an excuse to not return it is meaningless.

There you go again with unsubstantiated claims. If it were not in Iranian airspace, they could not have gotten control, and if it were outside Iranian airspace the US would have howled. The US were caught breaking international law. Please comment on that before anything else.

Nuclear agenda ... every nation's right to mind their own business?

The US is the nuke happy psychopath, nobody else.

You must really believe these lies you're spreading here?

If Iran got Nukes do you think they would hesitate to give them to fanatic terrorists so long as it couldn't be traced back to them? So what makes the US so nuke happy? Have we been nuking people without my being aware of it?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Im adding a opinion. Ignorance goes both ways....

Yes, and i asked for comment on the illegal invasion of foreign airspace?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Interesting, i can't say you didn't do your homework.

But clearly you're not paying attention here. The US lied, about it existing, it crashing, it being stolen, it being stolen while they were driving it, it being valuable ... etc. You're just repeating the SAME old lies.
Next you'll try telling us it was a present full of false information?

You would be right, if not for the fact that 5 months down the line Russia and China disagree with your estimation of it's value. That single act alone rubbishes any "neutral" claims you may make. It really is genuine and valuable, irrespective of your or my opinion.

So I present actual evidence and you just go with your opinion, as I knew you would. Like I said, China is just now developing Tomahawk missiles, any idea when the US had em? So can you show any actual evidence, or are you going to let what you want to be true based on your hatred guide your opinion?
edit on 20-8-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

If Iran got Nukes do you think they would hesitate to give them to fanatic terrorists so long as it couldn't be traced back to them?

So what makes the US so nuke happy? Have we been nuking people without my being aware of it?

That's total hogwash, it's the US that supports and supplies terrorists. And if Iranians ever created and used a bomb, the fallout would contain evidence from where the material come from.

Um .. the US has released several thousand nuclear explosions in the last 50 years, some on cities, others in Nevada, others in the Pacific. No other country in the world has created nuclear fallout on the scale of the US. Nor is any country more likely to use nukes. Iran has no nukes, not even one, so who is the bigger danger?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

So I present actual evidence and you just go with your opinion, as I knew you would.

No, you presented many and varied opinions by experts, just talking.

China is walking, which is more valuable?

If your sources were correct, China wouldn't be so interested in this. That simple. You are wrong because of the first post in this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The US has been invading airspace since the 40's....why should now be any different? Why is Iran so special? We invade Pakistan's airspace blatantly, not to mention the fly by's that occur in the south China sea.

Then there's Mexico...South America...Central America...Europe...Africa....

In the greater scheme of things this is just another case where we got caught with our pants down...It Happens

Im not avocating that its ok to do so...just being astute...and pointing out the obvious. Funny tho, Iran should really be more concerned with the flights they don't even know are taking place....ya know...the ones that aren't picked up by conventional military radar. Thems the kind where you would at least need X Band type of radar to even have a clue there was one happening as these babies can pick up a knat on a buffalos ass from hundreds of miles out with clarity.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If Iran got Nukes do you think they would hesitate to give them to fanatic terrorists so long as it couldn't be traced back to them?

So what makes the US so nuke happy? Have we been nuking people without my being aware of it?

That's total hogwash, it's the US that supports and supplies terrorists. And if Iranians ever created and used a bomb, the fallout would contain evidence from where the material come from.

Um .. the US has released several thousand nuclear explosions in the last 50 years, some on cities, others in Nevada, others in the Pacific. No other country in the world has created nuclear fallout on the scale of the US. Nor is any country more likely to use nukes. Iran has no nukes, not even one, so who is the bigger danger?

If no one is keeping tabs on Iran no one would know they created and supplied the bomb. So now you are in favor of the US and others keeping tabs on Iran it seems. The US is the least likely to use Nukes as we have superiority in every way possible with conventional methods.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

So I present actual evidence and you just go with your opinion, as I knew you would.

No, you presented many and varied opinions by experts, just talking.

China is walking, which is more valuable?

If your sources were correct, China wouldn't be so interested in this. That simple. You are wrong because of the first post in this thread.

Why do I have to say it again, are you being passive aggressive or do you have a serious reading comprehension problem? China is just now developing tomahawk missiles, when did the US have them? Someone in 12th century Europe would love a WW1 gun, that doesn't make it state of the art to present day America. I proved this is 90's tech and then showed EXPERT opinion citing this is not a big intelligence loss. You only care what experts think when it supports your position. I'm done with you, you have been proven ignorant enough times.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

China is just now developing tomahawk missiles

You seem to think that single unsubstantiated fact is relevant to this discussion.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The US has been invading airspace since the 40's....why should now be any different? Why is Iran so special? We invade Pakistan's airspace blatantly, not to mention the fly by's that occur in the south China sea.

Then there's Mexico...South America...Central America...Europe...Africa....

International terrorists, thanks for sharing that

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I suppose thats one way to look at it.....there was this one muslim guy....gawd what was his name???

He said, "You better be nice to America, or they will attack you with democracy."

I would have to dig to find that site....even then Im sure with the dissident material on it, its probably being watched by the feds...this guy holds no punches....but he is still speaking the truth from a muslim point of view.

Put bluntly, terrorism is terrorism, doesn't matter what shade of sugar you want to coat it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Put bluntly, terrorism is terrorism, doesn't matter what shade of sugar you want to coat it.

And we agree 100% on that.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Wiki description of the RQ 170 looked embarrassingly dated. Said it was used for detecting nuclear proliferation. Strictly reconnaissance, probably used for fly overs way back when Richard Feynman was trying to get to Tuva to hear the throat singers.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You seem to think that single unsubstantiated fact is relevant to this discussion.

You seem like a smart enough dude, look at it this way......your touching on a topic that unless someone has clearance clarence, there's going to be no way to easily provide the tangible proof you desire on paper. It doesn't matter what government it is......any technical data plans or anything of the like that has to do with the military are not going to be made available.

Anything you catch is going to be from the media in passing and not very elaborate...its like that on purpose.

Now, we can speculate outside of personal experience as to what is and what isn't as it pertains to the depth of who has what and for how many cookies they got it for. Beyond that premise, your spinning your wheels. I can sit here all day and tell you the kind of tech I had to work with when I was a young lad in "the lurch". Unfortunatly, i cannot provide any technical data, or by pre-disposed contractual obligation point you in the right direction.

Some stuff the public was just not meant to know as it matters to specifics. But I can tell you that the other poster was correct in his assertion that due to risk of loss, they will not develop something with cutting edge tech and use it in theater unless they are very certain they will get it back.

That being said...a drone is considered a high risk asset in that it is designed to be expendable...thats why there's no pilot. They did not need super new tech to make it either....remote control palnes have been around the hobby shops for many decades.

The only thing that China and Russia is going to learn from it, is how to make theirs better....or troubleshoot problems that they had with their design. Even so, ours are not completely infallible.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Again you prove your own ignorace, you link to a Yahoo news site as a source (Oh Dear) and yet even that crap news sites states quite clearly

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta told Fox News on Dec. 13 that the US will "absolutely" continue the drone campaign over Iran, looking for evidence of any nuclear weapons work. But the stakes are higher for such surveillance, now that Iran can apparently disrupt the work of US drones.

So Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta, actively admitting they ARE flying drones over Iran is not proof for you?

Take a hint, have the brains to read through an article before trying to use it as proof, and stop telling others to "Deny Ignorance" until you can start doing the same yourself. Accept facts, the US screwed up, you would be surprised how often it does, probably because the leadership there has the same stupid arrogance you do

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Some stuff the public was just not meant to know as it matters to specifics. But I can tell you that the other poster was correct in his assertion that due to risk of loss, they will not develop something with cutting edge tech and use it in theater unless they are very certain they will get it back.

The only thing that China and Russia is going to learn from it, is how to make theirs better....or troubleshoot problems that they had with their design. Even so, ours are not completely infallible.

You missed the essence of this thread: Months later, after all the BS has died down, Russia and China are going to fetch it. That qualifies as "high value".

Unfortunately i cannot accept your assertions above that they wouldn't risk something high tech. Not a single person believed Iran had the capability, it was not in their calculations. They were arrogant, as as per their own industry types, "dumb" about it.

Again, this drone was high jacked in flight, and landed at an "enemy" airfield, intact, if damaged, and there wasn't a single fallback plan. That show multiple failures at all levels, from design to back up plans.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You might be on to something as far as how it went down....although....I recall a story where one went down all because a single screw fell out.

Just keep in mind that somethings you have to take with a grain.....or a bag of salt.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if this thing wasn't some Trojan horse in stealth pajamas.

Go ahead and make them think they have to "crack" the software ad let the worm loose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join