It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Leaks: New American military cyber warfare division

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So this is what it has come to...rt.com...

Anti Leaks: military funded cyber warfare. How is military funded you might ask, first there is a tweet from there twitter account

Semper Fi. Expect us.
twitter.com.... This is truly disgusting taxpayer funded operation against the taxpayers. This is what it has come to..........................

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XstanX888

SO how does Posse Comitatus work when the American Soldiers are on 'virtual' American streets with 'electronic M-16's' and not the actual rifle version?

Seems to me this is still United States Active Duty Soldiers....Policing American Civilians.....on Law Enforcement issues. What violation of basic American values is this NOT committing?

......or do they promise and pinky swear not to turn this against American civilians?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You make a good point, however because the posse commodious act passed on June 18, 1878 Don't think that applies to cyberspace. Maybe something that needs to be amended to the act.......cold day in hell i bet.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008).

On September 26, 2006, President Bush urged Congress to consider revising federal laws so that U.S. armed forces could restore public order and enforce laws in the aftermath of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition.

These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.[8]

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:
The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Source

Posse Comitatus is gutted anyway... And cyberspace and cybercrimes are quickly becoming an entirely new legal category that doesn't seem to favor the citizen on any levels.

Now on direct topic...

This feed doesn't bother me at all. It's public. It's viewable.

And it's probably hiding something else.

Misdirection, diversion, slight of hand... these are the tools of psych-ops. Whatever you're seeing is usually there to make you look at it.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hmmm... Well, it is interesting how this is all developing.

Perhaps I'm misreading the OP, as the Title and subject matter it links to are different things in the specific focus. I read this as to be refering to USCYBERCOM and how it's strictly military divisions and operations relate to recent events.

Strictly to topic of the links out of the OP, it's about "Anti-Leaks" attacking RT with DDOS attacks to, apparently, suppress or interfere with the P----y Riot (No need to tweak word filters..lol) trial coverage. Even Trapwire features for the OP link... Sounds like they're really guessing on who did the dirty deed.

Generally speaking and to that part of the topic, I'd think Russia would be the Cyber source to look at there, since 100% of the results of the attacks benefited the Russian Government? Kinda like seeing DDOS zap media coverage of Bradly Manning or Assange some day....then blaming some other nation with little stake either way?

Topic of the title to the thread tho? Well... Still 100% U.S. Military and NSA contract civilians prohibited from domestic application....so I'd love to at least see Posse mentioned, although you're right. Bush and Obama have both pretty well gutted it for realistic restriction.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now they are going to hack anyone that is seen as a threat to the people that are higher in power.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Now???

top topics

join