I'm not American but to post an emotional video is a little one sided.
Here's a list of terror acts to consider too, all of which were on citizens -
- January 1: A Hamas suicide car bomber detonates in the city of Netanya, wounding 50.
- Colombia, January 10: A car bomb wounds at least 50 in a shopping center parking lot in Medellín
- Russia, February 5: A bomb blast in Moscow's Byelorusskaya metro station injures 15 people.
- Israel, February 14: A Hamas suicide bomber plowed a bus into a crowd and detonated, killing 8 and wounding 21
- Kosovo, February 18: Albanian terrorists detonated a roadside bomb in Kosovo, killing 12 and injuring 44 people travelling in a bus to visit family
graves. (See Podujevo bus bombing)
- Colombia, March 1: A bomb destroys a high-voltage pylon leaving vast areas of the country without power for five hours. Attack is blamed on ELN
- Israel, March 4: A Hamas suicide bomber detonated in the city of Netanya, killing 3 and wounding 65.
- United Kingdom, March 4: The Real IRA exploded a car bomb outside the BBC's main news centre in London. One London Underground worker suffered deep
cuts to his eye from flying glass and some damage was caused to the front of the building.
- Russia, March 24: Twenty people die and 93 are injured in three bomb attacks on Russian towns near the border of Chechnya.
- Israel, March 27: A suicide bomber blows himself up next to a bus in Jerusalem's French Hill area, injuring 30 Israelis.
- Israel, March 28: A suicide bomber detonated near a gas station outside Kfar Saba, killing two Israeli teenagers on their way to school.
- Israel, March 28: A suicide bomber, from the Arab Hamas organization, blew himself up amidst a gathering of students waiting at a bus stop, four
teenagers were wounded, one of them in critical condition
- Israel, April 29: A suicide car bomber attempted to target a school bus near Nablus, but detonated prematurely. Colombia, May 4: A car bomb kills
four and injures 32 in a luxury hotel in Cali. No group claims the attack.
- United Kingdom, May 6: The Real IRA detonate a bomb in a London postal sorting office. One person was injured.
- Colombia, May 17: A car bomb kills 20 and injures at least 50 in a park in Medellín.
- Israel, May 18: A Arab suicide bomber from the Hamas blew himself up at the entrance of a shopping mall in the city of Netanya, near Tel-Aviv, 5
people were killed in the blast and over 100 men, women and children were injured.
- Colombia, May 24: Two bombs kill four near the Universidad Nacional campus in Bogotá. One more bomb is defused before it could explode. Right-wing
paramilitaries are suspected.
- Israel, May 25: Two suicide car bombers targeted a bus station in Hadera, injuring 65.
- Philippines, May 27: Militants of Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 20 tourists from the Dos Palmas resort on the Island of Palawan. 5 of the hostages were
- Israel, June 1: A Hamas suicide bomber kills 21 civilians, 16 of them teenagers, in the Dolphinarium massacre in Tel Aviv.
- Colombia, June 17: A car bomb injures 16 in the town of San Martín, Meta. No group claims responsibility, but both FARC and AUC are suspected.
- Israel, June 22: A suicide bomber detonates in the city of Dugit, killing 2.
- Israel, July 9: A Arab suicide car bomber detonated near the Kissufim crossing point in the southern Gaza Strip, causing no other casualties.
- Israel, July 16: A Arab suicide bomber detoneated at a bus stop near the train station in Binyamina, halfway between Netanya and Haifa. The Arab
terrorist group Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack which killed two people.
- Sri Lanka, July 24: A suicide squad of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) staged an attack on Bandaranaike International Airport and the
air force base at Katunayake. The 14 man-squad destroyed or damaged about 20 aircraft and killed seven Sri Lankan workers and soldiers.
- United Kingdom, August 3: The last (at time of writing) IRA bomb on mainland Britain explodes in Ealing, West London, injuring seven people.
- Israel, August 8: A suicide car bomber detonated, lightly wounding one soldier, at a roadblock near the B'kaot moshav in the northern Jordan Valley
shortly after 9:00am.
- Israel, August 9: A Hamas suicide bomber detonates in Jerusalem killing fifteen and wounding 130 in the Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing.
- Angola, August 10: A passenger train, carrying 500 refugee struck a landmine, following to explosion and derailed, between Zenza do Itombe and
Dondo, Cuanza Norte Province, Angola. Which blamed on UNITA (National Union for the Total Independence of Angola) rebel group, with kills 152 and
- Israel, August 12: A Arab suicide bomber wounds 15 people when he blows himself up in a restaurant in Kiryat Motzkin in northern Israel.
Oh did I mention that was just the first 8 months of 2001, America is no angel but who is? The human race is a disgrace.
edit on 17-8-2012 by
II HAL II because: (no reason given)