It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pussy Riot" have been sentenced to 2 years labor camp

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

yeah that too. What the hell. I know real punks, and let me tell you, they don't worship the pop idol "look at me" mentality the way these drool for a record contract types do. This whole thing is a publicity stunt. A real punk would force puke in their faces and crap in their hands and throw it at them for being the sell outs they are.

good music then you may ask?
NYHC....home soul. That has real punks and they live free of the BS and drama of emo punks. Its a state of mind not a uniform.

These little babies should wrap their necks in their vibrator chords and hang themselves as a sign of solidarity to sell outs everywhere. I bet they already signed a new record contract with "pop star" records.

They are just grimy punks without the vindication the real ones have. No shower and no soul to boot.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by LadySkadi

yeah that too. What the hell. I know real punks, and let me tell you, they don't worship the pop idol "look at me" mentality the way these drool for a record contract types do. This whole thing is a publicity stunt. A real punk would force puke in their faces and crap in their hands and throw it at them for being the sell outs they are.

good music then you may ask?
NYHC....home soul. That has real punks and they live free of the BS and drama of emo punks. Its a state of mind not a uniform.

These little babies should wrap their necks in their vibrator chords and hang themselves as a sign of solidarity to sell outs everywhere. I bet they already signed a new record contract with "pop star" records.

They are just grimy punks without the vindication the real ones have. No shower and no soul to boot.

It's not even as deep as that. They are just silly little rich daddies girls jumping on the communist bandwagon whilst it is still hip and cool. Nothing more.

You know the sort, the ones who will protest for any and every cause, and tell the world about their protesting on their iPhones and iPads whilst juggling their fresh cup of Starbucks, trying not to spill it on their nice expensive brand new sweatshop made boots they bought from a giant clothing conglomerate.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplefinch
This is a hilarious thread. Everyone ratting on Russia of course. Guess what, if someone did this in the US, for example at a CATHOLIC Church, I'm sure there would be just DISBELIEF all over the USA. The perpetrators would be ostracized for life. Maybe they'd be sent to jail. Religious people would be pissed off, that's all I know. But I think it's funny how the US is 'for' the pussy riot, when my country(the US) is starting to lose it's rights. Great way to brainwash and have a grip on the people, US government, while you slowly take the rights away in the background... Jesus CHRIST.

What happened to morals? Why are people defending these disgusting women? Why? Has the world become THAT liberal? If we can accept these girls, who by the way have stuff frozen chicken in their vagina, have sex in a museum with the chicken or something like that, and done so many more disgusting wrong things, then I guess the world is soon going to accept EVERYTHING, ect. Maybe even pedophiles. Look at it this way;
Gays were viewed as a plague: jump forward to 2012 and gays are breaking the world in storm.
Pedophiles are viewed as a plague : jump forward when everything's turned far liberal and .... ?
Just interesting to think about.
There needs to be a BOUNDARY. It's no wonder my country's young generation (which I am part of) is going down the sewers. They don't know boundaries.

By the way, the church has freedom to worship PEACEFULLY. Not be bombarded by some stupid ridiculous young people. So who disrespected who? The pussy riot of course, disrespected the peaceful worshippers. Unbelievable yet people think it's 'ok'.
edit on 18-8-2012 by purplefinch because: (no reason given)

and I would like to point out...again....we have a group of religious wackos running around the US protesting funerals for crying out loud.....
and well....many here on the boards who are speaking out about how wrong this is, would also be defending these wackos rights to protest the funerals also.......would they be a tad bit outraged, yes...
but, they would still defend their rights, since if we were to give up on their rights, regardless of how offensive they may be, well, we all know that our own right to free speech would be in question soon afterwards.

there is no, if this were to happen in an american church we'd all feel differently. some might, but I got a feeling that most wouldn't. the sanctuary of a church is no more sacred than the sanctuary that surrounds a funeral..
those church members are still being allowed to roam the country, outside of the citizens who take it upon themselves to create a human shield to buffer the families of the dead from the wackos....
they aren't spending time in jail!!

god we got stupid kids organizing online and mob attacking stores, clearing out the inventory, and I bet none of those stupid kids are gonna be getting two years in jail for that offense, even the ones that are of legal age to be considered adults...

sometimes, you just got to accept the fact that the kids and younger adults will do some pretty stupid things, it;s how they learn to be adults! ya know, trial and error, and all that.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplefinch
This is a hilarious thread. Everyone ratting on Russia of course. Guess what, if someone did this in the US, for example at a CATHOLIC Church, I'm sure there would be just DISBELIEF all over the USA. The perpetrators would be ostracized for life. Maybe they'd be sent to jail. Religious people would be pissed off, that's all I know. But I think it's funny how the US is 'for' the pussy riot, when my country(the US) is starting to lose it's rights. Great way to brainwash and have a grip on the people, US government, while you slowly take the rights away in the background... Jesus CHRIST.

What happened to morals? Why are people defending these disgusting women?

Because no one cares about your "morals" if individual freedoms are taken away, it weighs, EXCUSE ME, much more if a 20 year old young person with kids is jailed away for 2 years simply for stating their opinion...as opposed to disturbing someone's religious mass for a minute singing a protest song. What is more important for you? Living in a "moral" society where people do not have any freedom anymore and the gvt can simply decide to lock away/or kill anyone because of an inconvenient opinion? PROOF how detached you religious people are already with your "pseudo morale". What's your dream society? A society of god fearing and bible banging believers which doesn't tolerate individual opinions anymore? NO THANKS!!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In the Criminal code of the Federal Republic of Germany rowdy antics in the limits of worship premises, also punishable by deprivation of liberty for up to three years or a fine, and the "article 189 of the Criminal code of the Republic of Austria provides for a in the premises of the Church of hooliganism and insulting the moral feelings, punishment in the form of deprivation of liberty for a term up to six months or a fine in the size of the

the same in Finland

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by leosnake
absolute majority of the Russian population

This is true from what i read, but then i also *think* that the Russians are still very conditioned to "agree" with the government, they have been conditioned to do so for decades.

80% Russian dnt support that government

action is attack on religion and nothing more

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This my friends is why I am still proud and feel lucky to be an American....Sure we have Big Brother, but at least for the time being we have free speech. I mean yes we need to be somewhat careful about certain things we do, but I can pretty much guarantee you there are bands out there with a more violent anti government message than this band. The difference is in America we are still somewhat protected compared to some other country's. If this were to happen in America I think there would be an uprising of people against it like we have never seen before. I am not a protester, but if this were to happen here I know that I would take a stand. I do feel so badly for these poor girls, who were merely expressing themselves and their candle was put out. Now I am going to have to find an import of their music and buy it, even if I hate the music. Just to show my support.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Also, former world chess champion Garry Kasparov has been arrested too. He could face jail for biting a cops, a charge that he denied.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Ben81

You're actually a disgrace to America. Any American that supports the jailing of people for protesting, when they did not damage anyone, or any property...you are clearly authoritarian scum. Perhaps the Vatican is a more appropriate country for you, since you want to live in a theocracy.

edit on 18-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Please spare me your immature arrogance for a moment

look at all these cops protecting the big bull
they are really scare that someone will damage it

try to go cut the Wall street bull head
and let me know how it goes for you after you are caught

first im not american .. im Canadian
but i always loved my neighbor country the USA
not the people in place that are rich to the teeths

Romney speaking about false promise to help the poor americans
when he worth a total of 250 millions
it would be the richest of all Presidents to ever win the WH
how can he represent the people .. when he thinks he is better then everyone else
when you have such fortune .. you value more symbols and material then anything else
people value more money then they own mother
thats why the american dream ideology is a dark curse
the 1% getting richer and the 99% getting poorer
the American system is BROKE.. finish.. Kaput
same thing for the Canadian system with Harper and Charest
edit on 8/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
WOW...... I knew Putin was offended and what they did was out of line....no question...but 2 years of hard labor?! Yikes. Vlad was REALLY pissed wasn't he?

I hope the OP doesn't mind..but I thought I'd add this:

Page of photos for their group in the Cathedral as well as Court and other settings

2 years labor eh? I think the smiles and smirks we see in the pics are things they won't have the capacity to show after they get out. They damn sure won't be the same people anymore. I hope the desecration was worth it. OUCH..... One hell of a high price for choosing that location.

*The one in the blue T-shirt looks like the only one of the 3 who 'gets it' and understands the jokes and games ended when they were charged.....She looks appropriately scared, as anyone ought to be...while the other two remind me of Occupy members I knew that never 'got it'.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

What the hell are you on about?!

Desecration? Occupy? Getting it? You're all over the place.

I definitely think there is one person in particular here who "doesn't get it"

I'm getting that sneaking suspicion we have another one of those Americans who screams about their rights, while cheering that the rights of those they disagree with are taken away...

It's okay to have the freedom to express an opinion, as long as it's not against your faith, right?

You make some good points now and then but the fact that your avatar looks like something from a gay satanic dating website makes me unable to take you seriously.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's top Orthodox clerics on Saturday asked for mercy for the punk band Pussy Riot for its anti-government protest in a Moscow cathedral, but the church's forgiveness is unlikely to change the band's punishment in a case that caused an international furor over political dissent.

Despite its plea for clemency for the three rock activists, a leading cleric called the demonstration "awful" and defiant of the powerful church that is the heart of Russia's national identity.

edit on 19-8-2012 by leosnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Here's a cool short movie dedicated to Pussy Riot. It's a statement against the Russia's "homopropaganda law".

"I've Only Just Begun" is a ragingly beautiful and empowering story about Venuz Vulgar and his friends on their way to St. Petersburg, Russia. It's written and directed by E. Over 60 people were involved in this free, independent production. Thank you all. Big up. No fear.

edit on 19-8-2012 by TBOTE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's well known that the Russian government is a dictatorship disguised as democracy.
I have spoken with allot of recent russian emmigrants and all them tell me the system is rotten to the core and that the elections are fixed, if you watched the news there was a big protest in moscow in this last one.

This may be the last straw and a start of a big fire

edit on 19-8-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Guess who support the pussy riot .. the USA and especialy Hellary
going in a church all masked acting like little devils
they should know better .. this is a direct blasphemy to God
Putin was generous to only give 2 yrs
they wouldnt be in jail now if they have done that another place
even at a putin rally but this was a peacefull church with praying Christians inside

Wasn't Putin a part of the communist regime that outlawed religion...lol

Some of you guys supporting Putin in this are funny guys...to say the least....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
2 years jail time was stupid .

No jail time but instead a really hefty fine ( payable as a community service ) would of made a one proud Rodina .

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

even at a putin rally but this was a peacefull church with praying Christians inside

in the USA when people interrupt an "official" speaking for more wars
and excusing the zionist war crimes .. they are brutaly arrested, tazed and put to jail
to never heard about them again

so please .. if you try to excuse those pussy riot girl
think again
edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Really? So "God" and the church are so insecure that they can't take a little criticism? Would Jesus have thrown those women into prison for speaking up? Remember, this is the same guy that (according to the fairy tale/myth) overthrew the tax collector's tables outside of the church. The Hypochristians are sooo over-sensitive these days.
I guess that they like to tell everyone else how to live, but can't stand to have anyone call them on their own BS.
Go grab a Chik-Fil-A, you'll be back to self-righteous in no time!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Wasn't Putin a part of the communist regime that outlawed religion...lol

Some of you guys supporting Putin in this are funny guys...to say the least....

whith such kind of opposition putin will rule in RF all his life

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join