It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pussy Riot" have been sentenced to 2 years labor camp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Did you read my post ?
in the USA when you interrupt a speaker
you get tazed, beaten, put to jail and disapear somewhere for a long time

This "protest" from the pussy riot happened in a sacred church
why would they bring their negative energies there when people are praying

if they would have done it when Putin was speaking somewhere
i would encourage them to be heard whatever msg they have
they wouldnt even be in jail right now .. maybe a warning

reply to post by RoScoLaz

She is very pretty ahah i have to agree with you
saw her the first time she was put on TV .. i was .. damn thats one fine girl !!
maybe she is just pretty outside .. not inside

edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I didn't say anything about the U.S. did I? What does that have to do with Russia? So the U.S. has equally messed up issues, now let's all praise Putin for jaling protesters for 2 years? Whatever man, if that floats your boat, spins your beanie etc etc, good luck with that.

ETA: And I disagree that it wasn't a "protest". It lacked class and was disrespectful, but it's no different then say, Westborough Babtist Church. I can't stand the things they say and the places they show up at, they are equally disrespectful. But if we take away their right to protest, we have to take it away from everyone.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Ben81

I didn't say anything about the U.S. did I? What does that have to do with Russia? So the U.S. has equally messed up issues so let's all praise Putin for jaling protesters for 2 years? Whatever man, if that floats your boat spins your beanie etc etc, good luck with that.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Well .. im not the law in Russia
never been to Russia or any europeen countries .. never went across the atlantic ocean
if you go party in a church all masked up terrorising the prayers in another country
if they had a message to share .. they would have come in peace unmasked and ask the priest if it was okay to say a few word .. he would have granted them access to the scene
but making violent gesture dancing like they were possessed .. what did though doing that
to get attention for a international outcry that putin is the tyran (thats the goal of the pussy riot)
if you could do the worst thing in a church .. you would do like the pussy riot did
what if that happened in a Vatican Church ?
do you think they will get only 2 yrs ?
edit on 8/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Man in bizarre costume who claims to speak for God terrorizes congregation with threats of Eternal torment of Hell Fire and Brimstone
If they do not grovel on their knees and obey

Hypocrisy Hypocrisy all is Hypocrisy

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

in the US we got religious wackos that go around protesting funerals of dead soldiers. I don't see how these girls were any more offensive than that, and well, it's called freedom of speech and allowed to continue....

did they trespass?? ya....
did they disturb a peaceful sanctuary? ya...
would either of those two infractions result in two years prison in the US... nope!!!
how old are these girls, they look li1ke teens, kids who really didn't have a clue as to what kid of mess they were creating for themselves. poor kids

edit on 17-8-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
2 years of hard labor for protesting inside a church and people are defending that decision?!?!

My guess is if the church had been one of scientology those same people would have cheered on the protest.

Sometimes I think ATS just breeds people's confirmation bias. Sad times......

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello!? Anyone even ready the circumstances surrounding the situation?

The Church ENDORSED Putin and was trying to influence it's members to vote for him, in my opinion they were asking for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Absolutely right!

When the protests happened at St. Patrick's Cathedral back in the 80's not one person served jail time.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on ATS and that is really saying something!

There are many reasons your post comes up not only as completely lacking of intellectualism but its main assertion is absolutely hollow. Let me just point out the one, among many, unnecessary flaws which should not exist in an age where access to internet is widely available. You assert that the churches, in the case of the OP it is a Russian Orthodox Church (Eastern Orthodox), to which I, along with most others, will initially link your post of condemnation to, speaks of damnation to hell. The problem with such a statement is that the Eastern Orthodox do not believe in such a version of hell, nor of damnation.

The EO teach that all sin is but an ailment with the Priest, through the divine power of God, acting as your doctor. He will prescribe to your the cures to your ailments and help you in overcoming these complications. Have you ever heard a doctor tell you that "you have streptococcus; that means you are an evil person; to hell you shall go!" You have not heard that? Well, neither have I. Not only is the Priest a doctor but the message of hell is not out of the works of Dante, but rather understood as living with God in eternity but being entirely deprived of his everlasting embrace.

And one last note: speaking of hell and the congregation's damnation for its sins is not at all a bad thing. If I knew you were going to be taken, raped, and brutally murdered if you leave the house that day, is it not my responsibility to warn you of this impending doom? Should I not go to the greatest lengths to deter you from touching that door?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Highly doubt they would have done this inside of a mosque in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on ATS and that is really saying something!

There are many reasons your post comes up not only as completely lacking of intellectualism but its main assertion is absolutely hollow. Let me just point out the one, among many, unnecessary flaws which should not exist in an age where access to internet is widely available. You assert that the churches, in the case of the OP it is a Russian Orthodox Church (Eastern Orthodox), to which I, along with most others, will initially link your post of condemnation to, speaks of damnation to hell. The problem with such a statement is that the Eastern Orthodox do not believe in such a version of hell, nor of damnation.

The EO teach that all sin is but an ailment with the Priest, through the divine power of God, acting as your doctor. He will prescribe to your the cures to your ailments and help you in overcoming these complications. Have you ever heard a doctor tell you that "you have streptococcus; that means you are an evil person; to hell you shall go!" You have not heard that? Well, neither have I. Not only is the Priest a doctor but the message of hell is not out of the works of Dante, but rather understood as living with God in eternity but being entirely deprived of his everlasting embrace.

And one last note: speaking of hell and the congregation's damnation for its sins is not at all a bad thing. If I knew you were going to be taken, raped, and brutally murdered if you leave the house that day, is it not my responsibility to warn you of this impending doom? Should I not go to the greatest lengths to deter you from touching that door?

My my - some ones button has been pressed.
Yep not an intellectual also not interested in the Russian Orthodox Church
Guess that will deprive me on your "Gods Eternal embrace" Guess I will have to be embraced by my God instead

My remark was generic and not aimed at your religious persuasion but at Hypocrisy - Lighten up already
The way these girls were treated shows how uptight some are
Will they also be deprived of your Gods Eternal Embrace for being naughty

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I am not Eastern Orthodox. Only a person trying to correct outrageous fallacies and generalizations.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Hello!? Anyone even ready the circumstances surrounding the situation?

The Church ENDORSED Putin and was trying to influence it's members to vote for him, in my opinion they were asking for it.

Was not aware of that - though it is no surprise.
Churches are often used as political tools to further the agenda of some.
It is a historical fact - I guess a Leopard really does not change it's spots
No wonder many who have belief do not attend Churches but seek within

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I am not Eastern Orthodox. Only a person trying to correct outrageous fallacies and generalizations.

I think you mis understand my intentions
But your lesson In Eastern Orthodoxy - I did take on board - though my post was not attacking them.
I can understand how it might have seemed that way due to my frustration with Hypocrisy and Pettiness.

Also fear of retribution and missing out on a Heavenly Afterlife is the tool of religion
As is the claim that its agents are intermediary's for God

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"I fought the Law and the Law won"

A great cover they can play once they get out

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In case anyone's interested.....

Pussy Riot member Nadezhda Tolokonnikova's closing statement at the conclusion of the trial.

To my deepest regret, this mock trial is close to the standards of the Stalinist troikas. Thus, we have our investigator, lawyer and judge. And then, what’s more, what all three of them do and say and decide is determined by a political demand for repression. Who is to blame for the performance at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and for our being put on trial after the concert? The authoritarian political system is to blame. What Pussy Riot does is oppositional art or politics that draws upon the forms art has established. In any event, it is a form of civil action in circumstances where basic human rights, civil and political freedoms are suppressed by the corporate state system.

Many people, relentlessly and methodically flayed alive by the destruction of liberties since the turn of the century, have rebelled.

We were looking for authentic genuineness and simplicity and we found them in our punk performances. Passion, openness and naivety are superior to hypocrisy, cunning and a contrived decency that conceals crimes. The state’s leaders stand with saintly expressions in church, but their sins are far greater than ours. We’ve put on our political punk concerts because the Russian state system is dominated by rigidity, closedness and caste. Аnd the policies pursued serve only narrow corporate interests to the extent that even the air of Russia makes us ill.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

"...................The state’s leaders stand with saintly expressions in church, but their sins are far greater than ours........................."

Thanks for your post 1littlewolf

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Things aren't the same over there as they are here. You piss the wrong person off over there, you can disappear rather quickly.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well they were looking for attention and they got it.If they have kids they should have thought out the consequences, but then again the sentence is pretty big for what they did...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join