It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at joint base Lewis-mcchord, Wa [solved not a shooting]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.reddit.com...

The source is reddit, but according to this army base guy there's been a shooting.

Anybody know anybody in the area? I've scoured the nets but no story yet.

~Tenth
edit on 8/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

ETA:

False alarm. Please see This Post for further information.

edit on 8/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No news articles on local channels. North Fort is an enlisted housing area. I played "army" there as a kid.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Maybe something similar to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday a US Solider was arrested for possibly being deemed a threat against national security because of some social media posts. Perhaps this is a similar instance, but the person refused to go quietly??

I certainly hope its not related and I did not want to draw anything conclusions, but it is worth noting.
edit on 17-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My brother works at aafes in mcchord, I am asking him for any update. He is at work so I might not know till way later though.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Got it! False alarm. The TNT has an article here.

Authorities were called to Joint Base Lewis-McChord this morning on a false alarm.

“A soldier observed another soldier with a loaded weapon and did not know the circumstances of why that soldier was armed,” base spokesman Joe Kubistek said.

A unit was turning ammunition in to a secured facility about 8 a.m. when the soldier called 911 to report a possible shooter. At least one soldier is required to be armed when handling ammunition, Kubistek said.

Edit: TNT = Tacoma News Tribune for those who don't know. Our paper route bags when kids had "TNT" in orange emblazoned on both sides. Caused some constenation outside the city once in awhile.

edit on 8/17/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Ah..there you have it.

Thank you Sir.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I realize the Ft. Hood shooter was taken down by local police, rather than the military police ... but, have they changed the protocol now so that soldiers call 911 instead of their own commanders and the military police? Is this soldier going to catch trouble for not following procedure or is this the procedure they use now?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A co worker of mine that lives in Tacoma said their was a false alarm. Someone saw a soldier with a loaded weapon and called 911. Still waiting on my brothers response.

edit: after posting this, I see that someone has already posted it and it was from TNT, same source my coworker pointed out.
edit on 17-8-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

top topics

join