It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Former Marine Brandon Raub Just been "Taken" by Feds for Facebook Posts?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

It wasn't 7:30 in the morning it was 7:30 PM....come on now, get your facts straight before attacking.

Hey, I spend most of my "free time" discussing and speaking out on fb and in the "real world" about this totalitarian system. I am in agreement with almost everyone here that the "machine" is COMPLETELY out of control. I am not saying anything to the contrary.

But seriously, no one here has all the facts....the dude felt a bit "off" to me. I am not saying I am some perfect "judge of character" but I can "read people" pretty well, even from afar....Hey, I will admit, maybe I am wrong.....but you have to admit, saying this ""The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it" was pretty damn dumb. I have said tons of inflammatory things on fb. Do I know that fb is an intelligence gathering data mining center? Sure I do! Do I care? Hell no....Why? Because I have nothing to lose and am all in it in this thing...it is either change or nothing for me. I have stated many times that I think hiding in the shadows is cowardly, only to be told that I am "stupid" and "naive" for sharing what I feel, think, believe very openly. I could care less. This world, this society...it is all so screwed up and backasswards that it makes my head spin.....this isn't all there is for me, this body...a vehicle (but none of that is the conversation here)

How do we know that he wasn't making more comments like that, that we don't know about yet? What if he had meant, "hey, my dudes are about to roll up and we are going to start up this revolution"....reminds me of the Manson murders and them trying to spark a race war. Seriously, I am fairly deep into conspiracy but some people here are so diluted it isn't even funny......Had this guy been saying things like this and then done something stupid, killed a bunch of people, etc.....everyone would now be sitting around complaining about them NOT doing anything....a catch 22 for all involved ALL the time....(not defending the pigs btw)

I hate this encroachment on freedom of speech....it is ridiculous and I will "go out" before my freedom of speech is breached in these ridiculous ways....this isn't one of them in my opinion, at this time (further information COULD change my view on this...I am not pinned down to what I have said here...isn't that part of our learning experience?....No, not for some. Some think I must remain in the same line of thinking after I speak it on this sacred site....it is ridiculous and laughable!)

Like someone said earlier in this thread, had there been (or if there are to come) 12, 20, 30...whatever, more arrests...then sure, I will be on the other side of the fence...but right now it is this one single guy and even with my "conspiratorial mind" what I quoted seems VERY inflammatory and seems to be something only a deranged person would say....Even if he wasn't, who is that damned dumb? Seriously? Saying that online? Surely he should have seen and could have seen how that could be misconstrued....
Lesson, think before you post! Don't just word vomit...

Now when it comes to the "truth" note...A LOT of it I am in total agreement with and am posting daily about that trying to raise awareness amongst friends and family that don't yet see those things and haven't heard those things....so they can make up their OWN minds...not so I can tell them what to believe but so they will stop allowing the thought generators (ie media, both msm AND controlled "alternative media") to think for them....nothing more. I stay away from the propaganda style stuff because I am not pushing that garbage around like so many others...I want TRUTH and TRUTH only...nothing more, nothing less....

And now I am starting to ramble as I always do so I will leave it at that...

Oh, and I will agree fully with the "Forth Reich" statement....I use that one constantly...it is VERY true!

edit on 17-8-2012 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This guy must have made a clear and direct threat to national or social security for the Feds to become involved so quickly.The US of A now has so many nuts with guns roaming around that your continent is experiencing a massacre almost every week. Which to most people living outside the USA is nothing short of incredulous. Hence the surveillance and quick response. Nuts with guns watch out! (lol)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Reading this and some of the replies makes me feel like maybe he wanted to get arrested? You know show people whats really going on

Looks like we have a martyr boys (maybe?)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

We don't know the full details of this story, but, we do know that, assuming that his post was a harmless, patriotic statement, they have no right to lock him up. However, under the law, they can lock anyone up without cause, for an indefinite period of time, without a trial. See this ATS post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

May the Lord be with him.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
He's a trained killer, they should know they trained him, talking about revolution, posing with a shotgun/rifle with the Batman shooting is still fresh in everybodies mind.

Maybe someone was concerned and dropped a dime.
edit on 17-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
BTW – OP, his name is Brandon J Raub; he's Facebook friends with his family who have their accounts with the "Raub" as the last name.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If he was taken in simply for FB posts then this is Bull****! For some reason I feel that there is more to the story. This ----> "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
" makes me think that there is something going on that we're not privy to.

I know people that have posted FAR more incendiary things on facebook and nothing happens.

Those of you that are acting emotionally without understanding what constitutes a valid credible threat that would be acted on will understand why I believe there is something else going on here.

Someone that is a valid credible threat has at least 3 things

1.) Means

2.) Opportunity

3.) Intent

4.) Motive

If a random person on the internet says "I'm going to shoot John Doe" but the person doesn't own a gun and lives 2000 miles away from John Doe would not be seen as a credible threat. He has intent, but no means or opportunity.

If a random person on the internet says "I'm going to shoot John Doe" and the person owns a gun lives 2000 miles away from John Doe and John Doe happens to get shot, this person would be seen as "A person of interest" He had the intent, the means but not the opportunity, He would get an Interview.

If a random person on the internet says "I'm going to shoot John Doe" and the person owns a gun and lives in the same town as John Doe or somehow interacts with Mr Doe, He needs to be looked at. This person has the Means (A gun) , the opportunity (He can come into physical contact with Mr Doe easily) and the intent ( He said "I'm going to shoot John Doe") The only thing missing would be the motive, Why does random Internet person WANT to shoot John Doe?

If Mr Doe happens to get shot, Then they find a facebook posting of Random Internet Person (RIP) saying "I'm going to shoot John Doe", They find out that RIP has a firearm, they find out that RIP Lives in close proximity to Mr Doe and upon further investigation they find out that RIP's spouse is having an affair with Mr. Doe, It's pretty Much a done deal.

Now that you know what a valid credible theat is, I've gotta believe that at least SOME of the above were met, either that or they had an undercover fed or CI put words in his mouth and steer the conversation into a hypothetical that's now being used as a motive when there really is none.

It's pretty simple and I've done it with my friends when I was in, let's say we're at a place and you want to find out how to defend a place, the 1st thing you'd do is picture how you'd assault it find weakpoints , chokepoints, and then try to make those avenues less approachable... Now imagine you're having this conversation on a phone, but the recording doesn't start until you start explaining how you'd assault the place. Congrats, you're a domestic terrorist!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
He's a trained killer, they should know they trained him, talking about revolution, posing with a shotgun/rifle with the Batman shooting is still fresh in everybodies mind.

edit on 17-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

So I guess all pictures ever taken with firearms happened post Aurora? C'mon man

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you listen to the song with the comment '' my guns are bigger than a babies arm '' its one of the first sentences in the song...

My guess if anything they'd be more inclined to detain him for saying '' Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads ''
with no link posted. Although that could also be lyrics but who knows, We definitely don't have the full story

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are you people serious? It doesn't matter what he said, and whether you agree with it or not. He was ARRESTED for saying something on FACEBOOK. This means YOU can be ARRESTED for things you say ONLINE.

Think about it...
edit on 17-8-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Yeah welcome to Earth, Facebook isn't a Magical internet world where the things you say have no consequences, anything that you can get in trouble for in the real world also applies to the internet.

Sexual Harrasment, Terroristic Threats, conspiracy... etc

That being said, I found nothing on his FB page that's indictable.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCSQUARED1
If you listen to the song with the comment '' my guns are bigger than a babies arm '' its one of the first sentences in the song...

My guess if anything they'd be more inclined to detain him for saying '' Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads ''
with no link posted. Although that could also be lyrics but who knows, We definitely don't have the full story

Can you clarify please, what song? Let's find the lyrics and post them!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why is everyone talking as if he is innocent for a fact? You have no clue what he did or didn't do.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why is everyone talking as if he is innocent for a fact? You have no clue what he did or didn't do.

Truth

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Being that he wasn't arrested and sent to a mental hospital for 72 hours tells me he either may be sick or the Gov't is pulling chit. This is the same Gov't that brought you the Patriot Act and NDAA and drones, war, etc, etc. The best case scenario is FB or his friends/family contacted the authorities because of his FB activity. Other than that, it doesn't look like he committed any crime, aka doing something wrong. Definitely wanna keep checking the news to see if any new info comes across the wire.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If your family knew everything you believed, how many of them would try to check you into a psych hospital...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I've discussed with them crazy things, definitely crazier than what I've read about his comments so far, and I'm still here. In fact, I think you'd incarcerate my mother before me, just my opinion.

His comments on FB wouldn't stir my family or friends. This guy is from Virgina, that's the South where they love guns and rebel attitudes. Just a guess here, but I think his family and friends are just fine with his FB comments. I believe it was FB and the Gov't who didn't like them but we all will just have to wait and see.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Freedom comes with a price....But what i don't understand is the armchair psychiatrists that can judge someone mental stability through a few posts;the same ones that are cowardly waiting for someone else to start this "your revolution", forgetting that if that person is alone he will be easily taken down...What a generation of pussies....I liked your forefathers better...at least they had some cojones otherwise it would still be "all hail the queen" in America....

Now on topic,there just isnt enough info to judge this objectively.Although i think it was a bit rushed to send the guy for psych evaluation for some fb posts..But then again,i will be the first one to call out the force for not checking this out,if a dramatic event was to take place....Hypocrit much?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Greetings OP!

Firstly, thanks for this post. I can tell you care enough about vets to be so concerned about this and it's good you made us all at ATS aware of this.

Of course there is not really enough detail to know exactly what is going on for sure, but I will give you my guess and it is only a guess.

It sounds to me like someone has raised the alarm with the authorities about this young man's behaviour. I don't think the authorities would have taken him into custody on his posts alone.

I worked a lot with people with mental health problems before and I can see this man has obviously been struggling with his mental health. I would even hazzard a guess that he has cracked and if he has been posting stuff like that for so long he is really in need of some help.

It is perhaps better that the authorities have intervened before any situation arises. I do hope they treat him well and give him the help he needs. If he can be treated now, having committed no crime then he still has a future. It is suprising just how quickly a mind can recover once a diagnosis is made and treatment prescribed (IF he is given proper help and care).

The other scenario is that if left unchecked he may have done something stupid and ruined his own and others' lives. As it stands he will probably be treated and be free soon to live his life without any harm having been done. I pray that is the case.

I am very thankful to you OP and all the vets who post here. It has given me a much greater awareness and understanding of people who have served for their country, what they have seen and the effects their experiences are having on them. I am not so ignorant now about such issues.

All I can say is that I really feel for you guys who have served your country and I care very much for your wellbeing. I really really hope that vets are taken good care of because PTSS is very real and causes so much suffering to an individual.

Can I just also say that anyone having a hard time with what they have seen and what they had to do while on tour might be interested in being creative in some way. Art and creativity is great therapy for dealing with angst. Painting, writing, indeed any kind of creative persuit can be very healing. It can also communicate to others your experiences of millitary service.

Well I just hope he gets better. Prayers and healing to you Brandon Raub!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Here you go mate It's the 3rd You tube link on his page, www.facebook.com...
and the other quote is on his other fb page, posted towards the start of the thread.

The song's called Vinnie Paz - 16 bars of Paz featuring percee p and guilty Simpson.
edit on 18-8-2012 by MCSQUARED1 because: added info

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join