It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Former Marine Brandon Raub Just been "Taken" by Feds for Facebook Posts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC
This is a pretty big low in gvt. fear mongering. So based on this youtube clip, a random picture, and a background in the mil. (possibly honorably, possibly dishonorably), we are supposed to demonize a government?

It also has to do with his own words on his fb page, as well as things we probably don't know about yet..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

According to this PDF A magistrate can order him held on psychiatric grounds for 48 hours.

This would explain the lack of Miranda - detention for evaluation is not arrest.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

According to this PDF A magistrate can order him held on psychiatric grounds for 48 hours.

This would explain the lack of Miranda - detention for evaluation is not arrest.

~Heff

It might not be arrest, but this individual is still being held against his will, whether we call it detainment or arrest makes little difference.

But I completely understand what you are saying. Wonder how magistrates got enough power to detain people....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by miniatus

"The Revolution is about to start." ...
"My Guns are Bigger Than a Babies Arm."

Yep, you are right! That right there is enough to get you noticed! Not enough to convict a man, but enough to put him in a mental hospital and drug the hell out him so that the shrink can lead him into a trap though!

Thanks for posting what you are seeing on his FB, I don't have it so otherwise I wouldn't be able to see it.

When I was in shape I had 18 inch guns, my guns are flabby now. Just putting this out their that maybe he was gay and now has worked out and has bigger arms then his "baby".

It might be flawed but I just wanted to throw that in.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
More likely than not we will never know the true reasons for this situation. The guy may have done something either illegal or crazy or he may not have. The point is even IF this somehow gets reported by the MSM we will not get the whole story; they report what they are TOLD to report. We are seeing this more and more these days, and I have the feeling that it won't be long before there's not an inkling of any truth on the news at all!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That is true and it is a growing tactic used against gun owners. If they say you have a psychosis then you cannot own a firearm. If you cannot own a firearm you are just a miniscule threat. If you get caught with one they will likely just kill you, after all you had a psychosis.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Breaking: Former special forces unit of enraged military free Brandon Raub from psych hospital, SWAT called in, but could not stop them.

Don't I wish.

/dreaming.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

WOW

I almost crapped my pants.

Sad this is that is not likely to happen. Not yet anyway.

Need more facts....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by miniatus

Yep, you are right! That right there is enough to get you noticed! Not enough to convict a man, but enough to put him in a mental hospital and drug the hell out him so that the shrink can lead him into a trap though!

Thanks for posting what you are seeing on his FB, I don't have it so otherwise I wouldn't be able to see it.

When I was in shape I had 18 inch guns, my guns are flabby now. Just putting this out their that maybe he was gay and now has worked out and has bigger arms then his "baby".

It might be flawed but I just wanted to throw that in.

Can anybody say "pre-crime?" Get the spiders... This guy was saying that our own military attacked us on 911. Be careful who we defend... I'd back off defending this guy... They may have just caught the next shooter ahead of time...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I have a seven line, documented psychiatric diagnosis - including PTSD and I legally possess a firearm. However I do agree that the "mental" issue is being played up lately as a means of undermining rights. My most recent thread discusses this issue exactly.

The differentiation, maybe, is that my behavior, on and off line, stays ~this~ side of hyper militant rhetoric?

~Heff
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: Today is national typo day - so abuse your keyboards!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
FaceBook really LOL

I guess when the revolution starts the gov gets the dumb ones first...

facebook lol

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Reading all of this brings one thing to mind - How did C-Field get the info that on this (His, FB rants) and who tipped them off - We have to know the back story before we can go forward, not saying it hasn't been eye raising to read some of the specs but I'll reserve my thoughts until it all flows out....MHO

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everyone needs to see the movie Section 8. It is what I think about on every post like this one of these post. John Travolta is in this movie must see. "Section 8"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

This is what makes me think that a relative/friend/coworker - somebody from his private life, saw an increase in hostile posts or irrational behaviors and reported it.

Either that or the guy spewed enough of the right words out to catch Carnivores filters so often that he hit the radar.

~Heff
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I did see section 8.I am thinking more Borne Identity shooter for a mall.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

The whole thing smells like the inside of a manure factory.

I call fake.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
From his facebook page, August 10th...

I am willing to bet this is what did him in right there... someone probably reported that to the authorities and he's been taken in for questioning as a result..

With all that's happened lately, I am sure the authorities are on high alert... a former marine posting something like that is going to get notice.

He was asking for trouble if you ask me..

If this was the case, it makes no sense to me. Just a few days ago there was a thread (on ats) about some guy being harassed for open carry of a pistol. He Youtubed the whole thing, then from that video I saw related vids with other guys doing the same thing, except one guy was sporting a big ass sniper rifle, some other dudes were open carrying with something along the lines of AK47 (not really ak47, but it was definately military style/big a$$ gun). That particular guy even stopped to chit chat with 2 cops about it, they (the cops) were cool with it, and even told the guy he had even bigger guns in his house.

This just seems strange to me, seems like there has to be more to it than just a couple posts on facebook ??

Ok, I did a look up in my youtube history and found the videos.

edit on 17-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We can be sent to a mental facility if we think the US needs revolution?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You can be sent for a psychiatric evaluation if a court or magistrate orders it - though the laws vary by states - if your behavior can be proven to be dangerous to yourself or others. In some cases this can also happen if your behavior changes drastically in a short span of time ( hypermania or hypomania ). But it's not an easy thing to do.

On a personal note - a member of my family is, unfortunately addicted to street drugs and in bad shape. About six months ago my sister and I went through the machinations of arguing with court employees for two days to get such an order....

The family member, in question, was "detained" - got to the hospital, said "I don't take drugs" and was released immediately.

It's not nearly as nefarious as it all sounds - at least from my experiences.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

because they are not better than 12 year attention seeking girls.

seriously, facebook is a joke. And anyone who thinks they will change the world through it is ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join