It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Former Marine Brandon Raub Just been "Taken" by Feds for Facebook Posts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
scratch head follows.....

Here is another Brandon J Raub

Facebook.com

and the two accounts are friended.
edit on 17-8-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

That's the one I quoted... Forgot to add a link (edited my original post, as I thought Facebook links were against Site Policy).
edit on 17-8-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

scratch head follows.....

Here is another Brandon J Raub

Facebook.com

and the two accounts are friended.

That's the one I quoted...

When i clicked your link i got this one

raub.brandon

the other one, maybe i goofed

brandon.raub

the open one seems politically correct but patriotic, but the other one is locked but the profile pic seems more 'aggressive'

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by TrueAmerican

All those automatically assuming and making excuses had better think about just how "free" they are.

The US government has made it a criminal offense to be critical of the US government. You have no freedom of opinion or expression when it comes to being dissatisfied with your government.

You did this to yourselves.

I don't agree... there are plenty of criticisms of the government on this forum, I see them in my own facebook feed and I've posted them myself when I think it's necessary.. the feds simply don't arrest people for that alone.. there's always something more to the story.. we simply don't know yet what that is.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

When i clicked your link i got this one

raub.brandon

the other one, maybe i goofed

brandon.raub

Odd. I direct copied the link on the correct page... And it links to another page... I'll fix now...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Brandon WAS NOT read his rights, he WAS NOT informed as to why he was detained. He was briefly taken to Chesterfield County Jail and did go before a judge who told him he was going to be held for a minimum of 72 hours and sent for a pysch eval. Brandon is at a mental health facility (John Randolph in Hillsboro). He has a patient ID number as was able to contact (the person I spoke to). She/he recorded their conversation and is hoping to visit him tonight, if allowed visitation."

l55centaur 10 minutes ago

Source

~Heff

ETA - source taken from Youtube page comments section
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
From his facebook page, August 10th...

"The Revolution is about to start." ...
"My Guns are Bigger Than a Babies Arm."

I am willing to bet this is what did him in right there... someone probably reported that to the authorities and he's been taken in for questioning as a result..

With all that's happened lately, I am sure the authorities are on high alert... a former marine posting something like that is going to get notice.

He was asking for trouble if you ask me..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

There has simply got to be more to this story than reported.. there is absolutely no way the FBI and secret service are going to apprehend him for what was shown in op's post..

The "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. " post is certainly suspicious and I bet there is more to this than we know.. whether he was buying weapons or was suspected of preparing some kind of attack... those are things we do not know.

I think it's silly to simply assume the arrested him for facebook posts alone..

That's just it, he wasn't arrested. He is in a mental hospital now. I know the drill trust me on that one. He is stuck in there for a min. of 72 hours. If he continues to tell the truth about his views against the government, I will guarantee, he won't get out in 3 days!!

If what we have so far as evidence is true, I don't even want to think about what is coming down the pike....Maybe, the folks predicting martial law before the election, might be onto something.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Brandon WAS NOT read his rights, he WAS NOT informed as to why he was detained. He was briefly taken to Chesterfield County Jail and did go before a judge who told him he was going to be held for a minimum of 72 hours and sent for a pysch eval. Brandon is at a mental health facility (John Randolph in Hillsboro). He has a patient ID number as was able to contact (the person I spoke to). She/he recorded their conversation and is hoping to visit him tonight, if allowed visitation."

l55centaur 10 minutes ago

Source

~Heff

ETA - source taken from Youtube page comments section
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

"Public Safety" exception to the miranda rights.. if they thought this man was a threat to public safety ( and his facebook posts do hint at something about to go down ) .. then that is permitted.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I looked at the first friend on the closed account and there was a freedom/revolution flag......i'll try to find the friend.

link   

Exactly my thoughts...

Claiming the 1st Amendment means little these days, considering Vets are being targeted as potential "terrorist." I just don't understand why he would post such rhetoric on Facebook of all things... It's an open invitation to being investigated.

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So when you disagree with their world view they come and lock you up for 3 days and claim you must obviously be crazy and need to be under psyche eval????????

For posting on facebook?

What happened?!

*deletes all footsteps across the net*
edit on 17-8-2012 by Lysergic because: kah-derp

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Exactly, which is why I wondered, in my first post, why people post something like that on FB.
Former members of the military are on FBI watch list for a period of time after discharge, they probably had software monitoring his FB account.

link   
Speculation is dangerous at this point. It is possible that one of his relatives or own doctors could have petitioned the court for a psych hold. A family member could have even done so without telling other family members.

I'm not trying to spin this any direction - just trying to help hold stable until facts come in.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

That's just it, he wasn't arrested. He is in a mental hospital now.

Same difference... Except one gives them the authority to hold you indefinitely while medicating you like a guinea pig...

Grand scheme of things, the nuts are running the asylum.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
If what we have so far as evidence is true, I don't even want to think about what is coming down the pike....Maybe, the folks predicting martial law before the election, might be onto something.....

Well I don't think martial law is coming, that would spark a blood bath ... and as for this guy, he posted that the revolution was about to begin and said "my guns are bigger than a babies arm" on his page.. along with lots of videos.. that's only one page, I didn't look at his other one.. All it would take is for someone to see that, freak out and phone it into the authorities for him to get brought in for questioning..

someone mentioned the miranda rights.. if he wasn't arrested, that's another reason he wasn't read his rights..

I still tend to think there is more to this than just his facebook page.. weapons purchases, conversations with someone else who might have thought he was about to do something.. we simply don't know yet.. but his fb page does hint at something about to happen.... so honestly I'm glad authorities got involved rather than waiting it out.
edit on 8/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yep, you are right! That right there is enough to get you noticed! Not enough to convict a man, but enough to put him in a mental hospital and drug the hell out him so that the shrink can lead him into a trap though!

Thanks for posting what you are seeing on his FB, I don't have it so otherwise I wouldn't be able to see it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I looked at the first friend on the closed account and there was a freedom/revolution flag......i'll try to find the friend.

That's what I mean... he could have been plotting something with a group of people and got the attention of authorities who stepped in to prevent something..

This story could very well be about how police prevented an attack.. but everyone is rushing in to defend this man... that is all pure speculation and jumping to conclusions.. the only evidence we actually have are his own posts.. and I knew an ex marine and he was posting what Brandon was posting.. I'd probably be a bit nervous myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I am willing to bet this is what did him in right there... someone probably reported that to the authorities and he's been taken in for questioning as a result..

With all that's happened lately, I am sure the authorities are on high alert... a former marine posting something like that is going to get notice.

I'll have to take your word for it that's what he said on Facebook, since you didn't provide a link.

If that's what he said, considering his profile and public statements, no wonder the dude was detained for questioning & evaluation. This is what we pay law enforcement to do: protect us. If the Feds had done their jobs right before (like this) with the theater shooter and the Sikh shooter, maybe all those people wouldn't have died.

This is not one of those stupid entrapment cases the FBI does so often - this is a valid threat assessment and investigation.

I hate governmental abuse of power as much as the next guy, but this is simply not appearing to be one of those situations at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well let's not forget about this guy.....

Marine Discharged Over Facebook Comments
Sgt. Gary Stein will be given an other-than-honorable discharge for violating Pentagon policy limiting speech of service members

-------------------------

Stein started a Facebook group called "Armed Forces Tea Party" in 2010.

Since its creation, the page displayed numerous posts criticizing President Barack Obama that Stein's commanding officers called into question.

“How can some words that I wrote on Facebook outweigh my 9 years of service?” Stein asked of his potential discharge in court on April 13.

One posting brought up during a recent hearing showed President Obama's face superimposed on a jackass, the Associated Press reported.

Another document brought forward in an earlier proceeding revealed that Stein posted on a Marine meteorology and oceanographic Facebook page March 23, "As an active Marine I say, 'Screw Obama' and I will not follow orders from him."

There were at least four other times a US Attorney told Stein to tone down his "inflammatory" political comments. His lawyers say the possibility of discharge is "absurd" and "heavy handed." The lawyers say USMC is trying to "railroad a good Marine out of the Corps" for expressing his First Amendment rights.

www.nbcsandiego.com

Makes me wonder if the government is upping the stakes for our service members that speak out. First discharge orders, now arrests.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Depends on who is doing the threat.
New Black Panthers....Thats ok
Former Marines........Haul them away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join