It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these Chemtrails?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I took loads of pictures what I thought were chemtrails. But I'm not really sure to be honest. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me your opinions?

edit on 17-8-2012 by Crashyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Yes, those appear to be chemtrails AKA persistent contrails - if they didn't dissipate promptly within about 10 plane-lengths behind the aircraft leaving them (the ones I watch usually spread out over the course of an hour or so and render a once-clear sky overcast and dreary, quite often).

Now, as to arguing over what they actually are and what they imply, I'll leave to the armchair experts who will surely be here soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Of course not! Just like airplanes, they are a figment of everyone's imagination...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They are just condensation trails/contrails...... Not realy much more I can add than that sorry.

Link here if you want to bore yourself reading about them en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes they spray chemicals miles above the earth so that with the wind they have no control over where these chemicals might fall.It couldn't possibly be exhaust from airplanes.(note the sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No. Those are contrails. Chemtrails don't exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I hope you've planned on spending the entire weekend getting bashed over this. The chemtrail deniers are willing to, just for kicks (they say). They will tell you that they are denying ignorance. In actuality, they are denying others the right to deny ignorance. Why would anybody of sound mind spend so much time arguing against chemtrails. There's no logical reason except being on somebody's payroll.

I'm sorry, the other logical reason is that they are in need of psychological help...

edit on 8/17/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

Yes those are most certainly chem trails.

It pisses me off every time I see those things, especially in such abundance.

Great pictures, star and flag

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

VM, I'll respectfully disagree with you here. Just as the moon landing debate has those arguing for and those arguing against the claim of it all being hoaxed, so the chemtrail debate has those on both sides - and as always, both sides love to argue the pros and cons of their respective stances.

Some will do it just for fun or to be antagonistic, and others will do it in an honest attempt to clear up what they believe to be misconception.

On this issue, I fall into the either/all faction. I don't doubt that some are merely persistent contrails, and I also don't doubt that some may be a result of attempts at weather modification (possibly related to the climate change debate/reflecting sunlight, inducing or preventing rain, etc.), military experimentation or application (I've heard of radar-blocking effects), pest or disease eradication or treatment, and so on. But if I end up falling firmly on one side or the other, and trying to educate others accordingly, that won't necessarily mean I'm in someone's pocket.

Take care.

edit on 8/17/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here are a few I have captured from last year:

Here is the aftermath:

It looks like you got hit way harder than I did on the day I took pics.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
People are worried about what maybe being sprayed out of planes yet you never hear a conspiracy about those mosquito fogger trucks, those are at ground level and would be more effective at harming us. I guess planes are more common than those foggers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
People are worried about what maybe being sprayed out of planes yet you never hear a conspiracy about those mosquito fogger trucks, those are at ground level and would be more effective at harming us. I guess planes are more common than those foggers.

Thankfully I guess they are - here in Oklahoma, I've never seen one myself.

Call me crazy, but I don't think pesticide is a whole heck of a lot better for people than it is critters, even though we might not be getting as large a comparable dose as they do. Glad we don't seem to have these trucks here where I live.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

It's just as well they are contrails and not chemtrails, look at the mess they make with the sky as it is.

BTW if you are going to read up on chemtrails as someone suggested, read up on contrails first...in depth, you may discover a few surprises.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Praetorius

We had them come through our neighborhood every summer as I was growing up, and yes all the neighborhood kids rode they're bikes behind them lol.

I didn't think about it but not only are planes more common than these truck, they are only common where mosquitos have larger populations.

That would make things noticable if they used these trucks to posion the populous, the eastern part of the country would get sick where the western parts wouldn't

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

In actuality, they are denying others the right to deny ignorance. Why would anybody of sound mind spend so much time arguing against chemtrails. There's no logical reason except being on somebody's payroll.

I am pretty sure you can deny ignorance as much as you want,but it is up to you when to do it.

Why does it always come to this, when someone that believes in chemtrails can't show the evidence to back their claims they start accusing others of being on someones payroll, why?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Why does it always come to this, when someone that believes in chemtrails can't show the evidence to back their claims they start accusing others of being on someones payroll, why?

I think it comes down to a kind of cognitive dissonance. When confronted with information which would force you to change your long held beliefs, it is much easier to simply dismiss the information than to accept that you may have been wrong all along, even if that means fabricating more ridiculous theories so you can carry on believing what has shown to be a ridiculous theory.

To the OP, if you decide to educate yourself on the chemtrail/contrail theories, please keep an open mind and look at all the information (not just the chemtrail sites, like so many on here do). If anyone tries to tell you that contrails don't last more than a few minutes (a common chemtrail myth), they are either blatantly lying to you or are trying to deny our entire understanding of the thermodynamic properties of water in our atmosphere. Just like ice crystals in cirrus clouds, the frozen condensation in exhaust trails can linger for hours if the conditions are suitable. This generally involves cold temperatures and high relatative humidity.

Although you could speculate that your photos are of some unknown form of chemtrail, they look exactly like normal contrails. The difference is that we know one of them exists, and the other is speculation entirely lacking in evidence or logical reasoning. I'm not saying there is no such thing as chemtrails, but if there is no evidence to support that they exist, it is far more likely that you are seeing normal contrails (I'm also not saying that contrails are not an issue at all, the consequences of contrail formation is an issue that is quite important).

If you can give some indication of where the photos were taken, perhaps someone can try to find out if the meteorological conditions for contrail formation were prevalent? Radiosonde measurements may provide information on humidity levels throughout the atmosphere at the time. If those are not available, an approaching storm or frontal system may provide the conditions required for contrails, although this is not a requirement. Good luck with your investigations

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Very sound and logical post.

However, I would have to point out the amount of disinformation concerning the issue. When you google contrail, the top sites are full of disinformation and major prejudice.

Heck.. the term contrail is thrown around just as bad as chemtrail ..... back in the 70's when they invented a type of Contrail Generator, they basically said ... lets use the term "contrail" despite whether or not it's forced from the aircraft or naturally generated.

And to further complicate the issue, we have stratospheric aerosol patents that can utilize the fuel coming out of the aircraft.... meaning you don't necessarily need nozzles on all of the planes.

Then after all that.... we look at the possibilities of what the military can do with them.... which add up pretty quick.

Eitherway ..... as a person with limitations of money and time, reading all of the scientific papers, studies on contrails, patents on aerosols, and the whole bunch...... one can only come away from all that thinking that both exist.

This is all assuming you haven't looked at the sky your entire life....... look and observe the sky constantly and you will notice the science doesn't match up with what's happening above you, in certain cases.

Just as "contrails" are dynamic with the weather ..... wouldn't "chemtrails" also be subject to change?

Some of us don't care to pick apart each trail in the sky ..... I'm more on the hunt for Grids and forced laying of trails in a specific geographic area..... which could be what's in the OPs pics.

edit on 17-8-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Michael J Murphy, the guy who made "What in the World are they Spraying", says you cannot tell a chemtrail from a persistent contrail by looking at it:

So you'd have to ask anyone who says "yes those are chemtrails" - how can you tell?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by Crashyy

There's no logical reason except being on somebody's payroll.

I'm sorry, the other logical reason is that they are in need of psychological help...

What are your qualifications and ev9idence to support these conclusions??

I started a thread on why I debunk chemtrails - have a look at it and tell me in which camp I fit will you - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I look forward to your analysis of my motives.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Two more Chemtrails/Contrails this morning:

( Full picture: gyazo.com... )

( Full picture: gyazo.com... )

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join