It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The three phases of attraction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by abeverage

I have read a bunch of western philosophy, so I have had to try to understand concepts like, "elan vital", the "Absolute", "the transmigration of the soul", and a whole lot of interpretations of the "self". Now, if you would explain your interpretation of the "soul", I would probably have a better handle on it. I don't understand the "soul" as espoused in religions, because there is a disconnect with me and gods. But you're talking about a godless soul, and that is something new to me

As far as looking at the world in black, white, or grey, I'm just not a fan of that metaphor(sorry). To me, the world is filled with very complex individuals, all involved in their own particular circumstances. So I don't look at the world with three options in mind(black, white, grey), but rather with the complex individual in mind, and the unique circumstances peculiar to that individual

Western philosophy and ideals will only get you so far in understanding the soul. But for me to sit down and write out what I even believe my soul is, would take a long, long time.

Some brief universal truths, each is unique, each is designed to learn and absorb its surroundings, each understands beauty (whether to be appreciated or destroyed), and each has a desire for something (tangible or intangible like money or faith). It is dependent upon stimulus provided by the senses and nervous system to grow, and experience the world. Each soul views the world completely different even under the same set of circumstances (think about 2 people viewing an accident, each sees it slightly different and affects them through feelings, and the personal history of that viewer completely differently).

That two people can view the same event under exact circumstances yet experience it completely differently not to mention have completely different views of a shared experience such as love or sex, just blows my mind!

There is no doubt a soul exists and since science cannot pinpoint consciousness within in the brain (and never will) they will not understand the soul.

edit on 23-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

What you say seems very familiar to me, abeverage. Would it be correct to say you describe a "self"? You speak of the self as perceiving it's world with others, yet having a unique, individual perspective of the world. Are you also implying a designer of the universe, like a cosmological god?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

What you say seems very familiar to me, abeverage. Would it be correct to say you describe a "self"? You speak of the self as perceiving it's world with others, yet having a unique, individual perspective of the world. Are you also implying a designer of the universe, like a cosmological god?

A few others have already said exactly what I said, body, mind and soul because it is a universal truth. Your description of morals is still a bit immature (no offense) and will most likely adapt with time. But it falls into facet of what you find about that last so called phase of attraction. Morals are just one part of the heart (soul), it takes compassion, empathy, selfless desires, and more to complete it.

I am finding each stage of my life something I had already learned and either chose to ignore or deliberately forgot...

When I was in my 30's I was arrogant and more self centered, and was at one time atheist and then moved toward being agnostic to having a thirst for religion. I thought science would answer all the burning questions I have, but it failed. I then became somewhat of a Zealot and found the same types failings in organized religion. See my ego kept getting in my way of understanding the universe and my place in it, which is why I believe both science and religion fail us. Both are there and both complement each other but most people become to zealous into each to see what it right before them!

edit on 24-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join