It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Hoax: Debunked! by Paolo Attivissimo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hello guys, i open this thread for a real interesting book (and ebook for free):

Moon Hoax: Debunked!

Moon hoax: you've heard the claims. You know they're wrong. But can you explain why?

Now you can.

This is the cover of my forthcoming book Moon Hoax: Debunked! (formerly known by the working title Yes, We Did Go to the Moon). As the blurb says, finally there will be a no-nonsense, fact-filled book that debunks ”moon hoax” claims. It will be suitable for doubters, to dispel their doubts, as well as for space enthusiasts, who will find all the technically accurate answers to the questions of their doubtful friends.

Moon Hoax: Debunked! is based on my Italian-language book on the subject, which is already available as a free download or in hardcopy. As soon as MHD is ready, it will be likewise available as a free digital download and on sale in hardcopy via Lulu.com and Amazon.com.

You can already download the first draft of the five initial chapters (in EPUB format) of Moon Hoax: Debunked!; comments and corrections, as well as donations to encourage me to finish writing this book, are of course most welcome.

What's in the book

Moon Hoax: Debunked! begins with Race for the Moon, a quick primer on the historical background of the Moon race, followed by How We Went to the Moon, a description of the hardware and the events of a typical Moon mission. Then there's a detailed explanation of the best evidence of the Moon landings. The origins and popularity of the various hoax theories is explored. The rest of the book is dedicated to a point-by-point debunking of the main "moon hoax" claims and common misconceptions regarding the Moon landings, divided by category: alleged anomalies in photographs and in video and film footage, technological and physical anomalies, and other miscellaneous claims.

The book is also an opportunity to explore the technology of the space race: not only the rocketry but also the analog photography, film and television technology used to provide the visual record of the Moon missions.

There's a chapter on how to argue with a Moon hoax believer, one covering the various UFO claims and one with a list of questions that will befuddle any hoax believer by pointing out the contradictions of his or her claims.

You will also find a chapter that shows how the Apollo missions don't need conspiracy theories to be a fascinating story. For example, did you know that pictures of Playmates were smuggled to the Moon to prank the astronauts? Or that there was a secret Soviet plan to land a Russian on the Moon before the US?

Who I am

I'm Paolo Attivissimo, a British-Italian science journalist specialized in research into conspiracy theories, hoaxes and urban legends. I've written or coauthored over a dozen books on computers, the Internet and other subjects such as 9/11 conspiracy theories, UFOs and scientific mysteries in Italian. I live near Lugano, Switzerland, where I work for Swiss National Radio (RSI) and as a consultant for RAI, Mediaset and other Italian-language radio and TV networks. My CV (in Italian) is here.

I'm also a lifelong space enthusiast and a part-time collaborator of NASA's Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, so Moon Hoax: Debunked! is a labor of love as well as a good excuse to delve into the fascinating human and technical details of mankind's greatest journeys of exploration. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I am enjoying writing it.

You can already download (free) the first draft of the five initial chapters (in English):

www.moonhoaxdebunked.com...

Download epub: www.attivissimo.net...

P.S. The date on his website is 2010, but the last update about the book is August 16, 2012.

edit on 17-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

So...let me get this straight: we're able to send a rocket all the way to Mars and drop a minivan-sized rover for exploration purposes, and get BEAUTIFUL pictures of the surface of the Red Planet, but we have to fake a visit to an object that's actually orbiting our world?

Right.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by theitalian

So...let me get this straight: we're able to send a rocket all the way to Mars and drop a minivan-sized rover for exploration purposes, and get BEAUTIFUL pictures of the surface of the Red Planet, but we have to fake a visit to an object that's actually orbiting our world?

Right.

So let me get this straight, you think we had the same technology in the 60's as we do now?
By the way sending a LIFELESS robot into space is allot easier then sending a person.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The book is saying we went to the moon.

its title, is Moon Hoax: Debunked.

Meaning the theory that it was a hoax, debunked.

from the link

This is the cover of my forthcoming book Moon Hoax: Debunked! (formerly known by the working title Yes, We Did Go to the Moon). As the blurb says, finally there will be a no-nonsense, fact-filled book that debunks ”moon hoax” claims. It will be suitable for doubters, to dispel their doubts, as well as for space enthusiasts, who will find all the technically accurate answers to the questions of their doubtful friends.

Seems perfect for ats.
edit on 17-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theitalian
Hello guys, i open this thread for a real interesting book (and ebook for free):

You can already download (free) the first draft of the five initial chapters (in English):

P.S. The date on website is 2010, but the last update about the book is August 16, 2012.

The one thing that makes this type of conspiracy unique is that, unlike other conspiracies like the JFK assassination or the 9/11 attack, literally everything during the moon landing was documented thoroughly, completely above board, and open to the public, to the point where we even know how astronauts took a dump in space. Yet the conspriacy theorists still push this "we never went to the moon" baloney. You see for youself it's always over poorly researched claims over weird shadows, flags flying in a breeeze, and other claims explained a thousand times over. Their never even bothering to spend the 30 seconds of Google searching to even try to find any answers to their questions says right there that they aren't even remotely interested in learning the facts.

Do you really think this book will make any difference to them?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hate threads like this.
Always full of morons devaluing human accomplishment by ignoring science and very obvious evidence.
Too many followers on this planet who can't think for themselves.

We never went back? Actually, yes we did. Several times.
NASA Isn't a government agency? Actually, yes it is.

some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I agree completely with your assessment. But In order to clarify my position even better, let me offer you this opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i believe we've been to the moon but not fully convinced it was on the date it first happened and that's only my opinion plus buzz aldrin said in an interview a few years ago that there was "more technology in a modern digital watch than there was in the moon lander."

i for one would love to know why we worked so hard, spent as much money as it took to get there then completely abandoned the moon.. there's tons of ideas, theories and conspiracies but it seems like something scared them and helium-3 alone is well worth the effort to go back more so than stumbling around on mars which if something found there important enough to demand a manned mission would be 10's of years more before anything like that would actually come to pass.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

I have read many "Moon Hoax threads" and I can tell you this; Were I to compare the lowest IQ:s of some ATS ppl and the highest IQ:s among contemporary apes , I am afraid our primate friends would emerge as a superior race and indeed appear as more than worthy candidates for ATS membership.

edit on 17-8-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It's actually a lot harder, because no one is there to fix something if it goes wrong. The Mars trip was made under the assumption that nothing would interfere on the way there. No failures, no accidents, no trip-ups. Nothing. From here to Mars with not a single bump.

A pretty "stellar" goal if you ask me...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The only conspiracy I would ever consider about the moon was that they where hiding things from the public.

Either their findings while there, or black projects that involve the moon.

The weaponizing of space would piss off the world.

There is also the fact that the US refused to sign a treaty declaring the moon belonging to all nations.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nice effort, but I fear your time is wasted on these types of people. They just dismiss evidence and reasoned argument with an almost religious like zeal...

Never bother arguing the toss with the religious, creationists, moon/space hoaxers or ancient alien adherents, it's akin to banging your own head against a wall repeatedly

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We have gone to the moon, what we were shown however, doesn't convince me as much. I think some of what was aired was filmed in a studio, but the accomplishment stands. Question is, what was on the moon (if anything) worth lying to the world about?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

I agree completely with your assessment. But In order to clarify my position even better, let me offer you this opinion.

Well put. Personally, I prefer THIS rebuttal, and I invite anyone subscribing to the "we never went to the moon" theories to browse the link and review the site's well thought out rebuttal to such claims

Rebuttal to your "we never went to the moon" conspiracy theories

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The book is saying we went to the moon.

its title, is Moon Hoax: Debunked.

Meaning the theory that it was a hoax, debunked.

from the link

Seems perfect for ats.
edit on 17-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Yep!

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by theitalian

P.S. The date on website is 2010, but the last update about the book is August 16, 2012.

The one thing that makes this type of conspiracy unique is that, unlike other conspiracies like the JFK assassination or the 9/11 attack, literally everything during the moon landing was documented thoroughly, completely above board, and open to the public, to the point where we even know how astronauts took a dump in space. Yet the conspriacy theorists still push this "we never went to the moon" baloney. You see for youself it's always over poorly researched claims over weird shadows, flags flying in a breeeze, and other claims explained a thousand times over. Their never even bothering to spend the 30 seconds of Google searching to even try to find any answers to their questions says right there that they aren't even remotely interested in learning the facts.

Do you really think this book will make any difference to them?

Uhm, well... maybe for someone can make the difference.

Originally posted by benrl
The only conspiracy I would ever consider about the moon was that they where hiding things from the public.

Either their findings while there, or black projects that involve the moon.

The weaponizing of space would piss off the world.

There is also the fact that the US refused to sign a treaty declaring the moon belonging to all nations.

Quote!

Thanks to all other users for post their opinion!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yay!

I get so tired of hearing the tired old arguments over and over and over.

I hope there's a nice, fat section dedicated to the Van Allen Belt, as the Hoax believers tend to get a little mouth foamy as if they've had their own radioactive overdose when they start quivering on about how 'impossible' it is to pass through the Van Allen Belt. *sigh*

Whatever happened to the Flat and Hollow Earth people? They were so much more entertaining.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

awesome!

I will use that next time I encounter one of these tin foiled dressed "we-never-went-to the-moon-but-I-do -believe-in-santa-because-mommy-told-me-so"-types.
edit on 17-8-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
what a condescending bunch of people are on this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia
what a condescending bunch of people are on this thread.

"Condescending" or "Frustrated"? How many times does a person have to point out there's a pole along the top of the flag planted on the moon to keep it stretched out before it starts getting really, really old?

It would be one thing if people had questions on areas that we legitimately don't know about (I.E. the evidence specifically linking the 9/11 attack to al Qaida, or what happened to JFK's brain after the autopsy). Those at least are legitimate areas where there's a lack of knowledge, so I can accept that this vaccuum of information can lead to imaginative conspiracy wanderings. However, when a 30 second Google search brings up 63 MILLION links that explain why there are no stars on the photos taken on the moon, the irate reaction to someone claiming "there are no stars on the photos of the moon so there must be a conspiracy" for the fiftieth time may seem condescending, but even you have to agree the frustration is understandable.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am so glad to see I am not the onliest one getting so frustrated by those that believe we never went to the moon, or that the Mars rovers are all hoaxed, etc, etc, etc .....

Honestly, when I stumble upon those threads I must really sit on my hands, as I have learnt that you cannot argue with those people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join