It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something can travel faster than the speed of light (Einstein quote)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
What's faster than the speed of light? Speed of THOUGHT.

I can think my way to another galaxy much faster than light can reach...

Really, no.

Verbal thought isn't much faster than your speech. In fact, if I hook up some fairly high res electrode arrays to your neck, I can 'see' your throat and tongue almost but not quite activating as if you were speaking the thought, but suppressing the action. You can sometimes get an idea of what someone's thinking during an interrogation that way, I hear. Not sure if they'll ever use it other than a voice-free headset for SOCOM, which it got bid for sometime back.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
So to travel the something must become nothing (converted to its energy form ) and then become something again in the dense matter world . Nods , agrees , and shrugs

The hard bit is determining the location (and time) one exits into.

Omage , I have never heard it explained better than that , thank you for that example

Energy doesn't travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum, either.

Energy isn't 'nothing', even though the entire nothing/something argument is specious anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld
When people astral project, they visit other worlds by using thought. Physical distance does not matter.

How do you know they're not just deluding themselves?

Its much like they are calling most of our DNA "junk DNA" because they dont see its purpose in this physical world.

The physical world is all there is. If it looks like old retroviruses and repeating nonsense blocks, how do you know what it's for?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

this is because light itself does not travel anywhere. light is brought to a dark room via an apparatus that does not project light as general science would presume. instead it excited dark matter to illuminate. our apparatus such as a lightbulb of flashlight will project a 'field' which causes all dark matter in it's presence to illuminate.

Not at all. It's photons, or EM, depending on what you measure and how you want to deal with it computationally.

The entire concept of 'dark' matter is that it DOESN'T generate or interact with EM. Words mean things in physics, although they're not generally used to make mathematical statements.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
information can.
Two people have a task of opening an envelope and reading a letter inside. The two people know each other and have planned this.

The information is in the envelope. The envelope was moved sub-luminally. The fact that you haven't read it yet is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumForcesThatBe
Here's an question from someone with a simple mind. If light moves faster than anything in the universe, then why cant it escape the force of a blackhole.

The escape velocity of a black hole is greater than the speed of light. And thus, Bob's your uncle.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

This is partially correct. As Ingo Swann discovered in his remote viewing, perception is instantaneous. The same "communication" is seen in bound pairs of subatomic particles.

Despite the sad fact that I'm ringing him in as a MacGuffin explainer in the movie script I have to write for my final in a few months, why are you convinced Ingo isn't a total whack job?

Has anyone set up a well-thought out experiment where he has to prove in a double-blinded test that he's not just delusional? A lot of remote viewers do badly in such tests.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Using photon twins you could transfer information across the universe instantly. You would have to get one of the photons there first however.

Physicists spooked by faster-than-light information transfer

Quantum weirdness even stranger than previously thought.

Geoff Brumfiel

Two photons can be connected in a way that seems to defy the very nature of space and time, yet still obeys the laws of quantum mechanics.

www.nature.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumForcesThatBe
Here's an question from someone with a simple mind. If light moves faster than anything in the universe, then why cant it escape the force of a blackhole. Instead of having this action and reaction, why not combine both forces to create a force that can move faster than the speed of light. To me, this thought should not be out of the ordinary, so a reply would be appreciated.

EM wave cannot propagate out of a black hole cos time there clicks incredibly fast

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dont want to start a new thread but what I thought tonight is relevant to this thread.

We are told nothing is faster than the speed of light,

What about the birth of the universe? Didnt that travel faster than the speed of light from expanding from the size of an atom?

<< 1  2   >>

join