Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Something can travel faster than the speed of light (Einstein quote)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Perception.. the hurdle man does not seem to be able to overcome. the hurdle that facilitates 'competition' , 'division', 'segregation' and 'war'. let me explain why:

there is a wall and it's name is perception.
on one side it is painted blue and the other side is painted red and well of course.. the blue and red meet in the middle to someone standing untop of the wall.

a man is standing on the blue side and proudly decrees: the wall is blue
a man i standing on the red side and proudly decrees: the wall is red
blue man takes offense as he can clearly see that the wall is blue and asks if red is calling him a liar
red says no but he is watching the wall and is absolutely certain that it is red
because of this disagreement they end up in dispute!

a man standing untop the wall shouts out to them...

there is no need to fight.. the wall is both red and blue!

they discard his rubbish talk and continue fighting..

after some time he tries again: listen both of you.. on one side the wall is blue and on the other side the wall is red so the wall is both red and blue.

they both call him a madman and name his words as hypocritical and dualistic. they taunt him as an idealist as tho that is such a bad thing to seek ideal solutions.

eventually they go to war.. because neither refuses to bend any more than they already have.

"Let war decide the truth and he who wins will win because the God of Truth is on his side"

but war never decided any truth.. the truth is the truth whether you fight over it or not. and this is the curse of humanity that must be rectified.

now all that was just an initiation for those about to read what this topic is really about

=====================================

Einstein said "Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light"

now i ask you to look at perception here.. for it is the double-edged sword which guards the way back to Eden.

most everyone will interpret these words as well "nothing can travel faster than light.. it is impossible!"

but i pose this perspective to you now...

there is no nothing.. only as a flaw in perception. in fact the simple fact that something can be given a name, classification or title.. suggests that it is 'Something'. A something-nothing perhaps. i expect that tickles your funnybone. so let us accept.. that something cannot be given a name or title "nothing" without existing. so nothing exists.. meaning.. IT IS SOMETHING!

so if u will indulge me..

if there is no nothing.. and nothing is something.. removing impossibility we will rephrase in this manner.

"Nothing itself.. is the only thing that can travel faster than the speed of light"

so that leaves us with the finality..

"Something can travel faster than the speed of light"

Perception give us two perspectives:

"nothing can travel faster than the speed of light it is impossible"

and

"Nothing is the only thing that can travel faster than the speed of light"

words from your resident "thought provocateur"
edit on 17-8-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What's faster than the speed of light? Speed of THOUGHT.

I can think my way to another galaxy much faster than light can reach...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
indeed during first miliseconds of the big bang the universe expanded ALOT like golf ball to largest known star
(VY canis majoris) in literally MILLISECONDS
(yes MUCH faster than speed of light)

but... like Einstien says

"nothing can travel faster than light"

during the "baby" universe jus after the big bang there was no matter to be slowed down
just energy.... and in effect if it is not a sub-atomic particle or an atom or something made from those two

it is nothing

therefore it can go as fast as it wants without getting a ticket

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If by "nothing" you mean "space" then it's always there, thus doesn't need to travel from here to there because it exists everywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

What's faster than the speed of light? Speed of THOUGHT. I can think my way to another galaxy much faster than light can reach

In neuroscience there is something of a mystery regarding how two sections of the brain can activate simultaneously.

Faster than the signal should be able to travel to that section, it has lead research into the idea that the brain is a quantum computer of some kind, using entanglement to operation.

So you are more right than you even suggested.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

excellent. also.. nice nickname..

'Thought' exists where scientists see 'Nothing'

so it's like they tell you.. "Thought is nothing, you may disregard it because it is meaningless and has no value.. 0 is a valueless object"

and they could not be further from the truth with this way of thinking.

we also get another well known statement in philosophical circles

Nothing Exists.. so 'Something Exists!'

ive got to say.. uve ended this thread by being the first commentor lolol. i expected more detractors

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

n neuroscience there is something of a mystery regarding how two sections of the brain can activate simultaneously. Faster than the signal should be able to travel to that section, it has lead research into the idea that the brain is a quantum computer of some kind, using entanglement to operation. So you are more right than you even suggested.
reply to post by benrl

For example,

Deja vus. That's what happens when you exceed the speed of light and make time twitch. This makes us think we just had this thought, which we did. We registered the thought twice, once as the super-physical faster-than-light disturbance and once as pure physical information that our senses can register.

www.dedoimedo.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
could it be that all of ATS agrees with these statements? in the Scientific methods section as well??

perhaps there is hope yet. too many intelligent ppl on this thread. next time please give time for the unlearned to state their opinion. they need to be guided.

Thank you for your contributions tho.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If by "nothing" you mean "space" then it's always there, thus doesn't need to travel from here to there because it exists everywhere.

space always moves otherwise you wouldn't perceive it with your senses, if it were static nothing would have form nor would thought exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

My thoughts got lost on its way to the Andromeda Galaxy, anyone have a map?

Thought it self still requires the firing of neurons in our brain which function within the realm of speed of light travel.

But when you introduce the distance variable, it seems to make sense. Goose bumps

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are people here who have way better jargon and awesome equations to explain it all - but as I understand it nothing can travel faster than light and remain in our dimension/realm/state of being. Anything traveling faster than light would go backwards in time and therefore no longer would be part of our spact/time continuum.

Or something along those lines.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

But when you introduce the distance variable, it seems to make sense. Goose bumps

Certainly. Well, the distance variable should be a factor when we are measuring it with the speed of light. Fascinating isn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

There are people here who have way better jargon and awesome equations to explain it all - but as I understand it nothing can travel faster than light and remain in our dimension/realm/state of being. Anything traveling faster than light would go backwards in time and therefore no longer would be part of our spact/time continuum.

~Heff

Can you say Trans-dimensional hyper reality drive.....

This thread gets me thinking about a movie called event horizon, a sci-fi horror. The premise was a space ship could travel vast distances without moving. This was accomplished by folding space, creating a tear through our dimension, pass through another dimension and exit at your destination....

Seems possible assuming we can master our dimension.

However, according the movie, this other dimension is populated with demons and evil stuff.....everyone died
edit on 17-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

~Heff

Can you say Trans-dimensional hyper reality drive.....

This thread gets me thinking about a movie called event horizon, a sci-fi horror. The premise was a space ship could travel vast distances without moving. This was accomplished by folding space, creating a tear through our dimension, pass through another dimension and exit at your destination....

Seems possible assuming we can master our dimension.

However, according the movie, this other dimension is populated with demons and evil stuff.....everyone died
edit on 17-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

that is/was a brilliant movie addressing philosophical concepts of science. and yes the event horizon as they called it.. is the gate that melds from reality into fantasy. ill need to do a refresher on it.. but i believe that even tho they died they lived for ever.. and even tho seemingly horrorful things happened they felt no pain.

it is entertainment.. but i believe what was being conveyed is the producer's interpretation of what is on the other side of logic/science... chaos.

but chaos is freedom. absolute freedom.

which is why science/logic and chaos/creativity/fantasy must unite as one.

apparently what they did in the movie was move through the event horizon to the other side. but the idea is to reside IN the event horizon. where there is balance and where chaos is well tempered by logic and free will choice to do what is right.

chaos also does not have to be increasingly evil. it is simply uncontainable, uncontrollable and unpredictable. randomness is it M.O.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Show me where Eistein said that. You can't, because he never said any such thing!

He said (at least his equations did) that nothing with mass can accelerate to the speed of light. Space expanding faster than the speed of light, or particles that are created faster than the speed of light, don't break any known laws of physics.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

~Heff

i'd venture to say that you dont move backwards in time... but u get there before the light.

at the risk of going off-topic here's another analogy.

in a solar system 100 billion light years away. lives another race of beings. they are closer to the galactic center and we are further out by 100billion years.

now.. let's just say that it takes 50 billion years for life to evolve on the planet in that solar system and a few more billion for the first civilization to sprout up on a quest to mastering it's homeworld environment. that gives them.. roughly 40billion years worth of advancement in all fields,, spiritual and scientific before the first beam of light from their star reaches our earth.

now.. supposing within that time they developed "faster than light speed travel" to multiples of light speed... they could literally get to earth before the light from their solar system could get here. so while we are peering out of our telescopes looking for life.. theyve been here since before man was a monkey. before the light from their system. while we are only approximately 8000 years in development of civilization/technology/spirituality.

we could view it as they travelled backwards in time.. but did they really? perhaps they only beat time in a race. LOL

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Originally posted by 0mage

Show me where Eistein said that. You can't, because he never said any such thing!

He said (at least his equations did) that nothing with mass can accelerate to the speed of light. Space expanding faster than the speed of light, or particles that are created faster than the speed of light, don't break any known laws of physics.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

please do ur own googling and dont make a statement that makes me have to do it for you. there are lots of links which will reference this:

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light in a vaccuum. regardless of what is said.. we must look at the overall interpretation and what the masses believe. and this is the general consensus of the masses as science stands today.. that we are unable to make ANYTHING move faster than the speed of light.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So to travel the something must become nothing (converted to its energy form ) and then become something again in the dense matter world . Nods , agrees , and shrugs

The hard bit is determining the location (and time) one exits into.

Omage , I have never heard it explained better than that , thank you for that example.
edit on 17-8-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
As a definitiontroll:

Define TRAVEL...

Getting from A to B any means??

If so..

Einstein himself says FOLDING space is possible...
SOO by folding point a to point b i travel faster.

I havnt heard of LIGHT being able to bend space....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

For something to be qualified as nothing, you would need something to be nothing......Nothing would then need to be something and then you have something being nothing....As long as this is true, then nothing really is something, but only in the effect of something being nothing to begin with......

I am sure you follow me......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join