It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking - Strike Mine workers shot by police - VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Police opened fire at mine strikers on Thursday afternoon in northwest South Africa, resulting in the death of at least 30 people.

Representative of the miners' union puts the death toll at 36.

According to the Minister of Police Nathi Mthethoua, the toll from last Sunday when workers Marikana platinum mine began their strike, demanding wage increases, totaling 40.

"Shocked," said the president of South Africa Jacob Zuma and stressed that those responsible for 'this senseless violence "brought to justice.

The deadly incident happened in Marikana, located 100 km northwest of Johannesburg.

These are the things that people should care about... people at some point must stop caring and trying to uncover secret societies, predict evil plans and so forth... and start caring about real situations taking place in real time... and maybe even right next to us!!

edit on 17-8-2012 by LOK31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LOK31

Wow that death toll went up fast. A sad reminder of what happens when people with knives, spears and stick go up against machine guns. I hope the police at least got whoever among the strikers fired first.. that persons actions led to all these deaths.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by LOK31

Wow that death toll went up fast. A sad reminder of what happens when people with knives, spears and stick go up against machine guns. I hope the police at least got whoever among the strikers fired first.. that persons actions led to all these deaths.

"fired first"??? "fired first"?? Was it a fully automatic stick that they fired. The government police are murderous scum. Everything South African should be boycotted.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Absolutely sick what people are able to do to one another without hesitation. It is sad that they value life so little that they just fire a barrage of bullets at unarmed miners who are striking.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Yes well, not that I condone the actions of the police here but it seems everyone seems to be ignoring the two security guards who were hacked up by these "innocent people"

Or the half dozen or so workers who didn't want to strike getting shot at by their "co-workers".

edit on 17-8-2012 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Topic already exists here

Closing

new topics

top topics

join