It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, and why it is mental posion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

Those channels, History (A&E) is only out for the dollars they can get from advertising on those programs, it's big money to post doom and gloom.

And i'm sure they laugh all the way to the bank

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Children are seeing this and because it's on the internet, think it's 100% fact, decide that life isn't worth living and they commit suicide.

How do you know this? I don't spend any time on Youtube and I am rather out-of-touch with the kids of today.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Children are seeing this and because it's on the internet, think it's 100% fact, decide that life isn't worth living and they commit suicide.

How do you know this? I don't spend any time on Youtube and I am rather out-of-touch with the kids of today.

16 year old kills self over 2012 end of world..

one of many stories....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Wrong. I was watching a scooby doo cartoon with my son just yesterday, and what do you know? I heard Zachary Sitchin's name and I was shocked to find that it was an element of the story. Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So OP you want us to forget about everything and just focus on the economy and wars? Do you want me to work harder for more imaginary money? Or go grab a gun and go to war?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

If that's what you got, then you have a warped sense of my meaning.

We should be working as a species to better ourselves, not getting distracted by an imaginary bit of Doom and Gloom that has no basis in fact, but only serves to line the pockets of a few who prey on the vulnerable.

We shouldn't in this day and age have war anymore, nor should we have a money based economy.. But htat's not what this thread is about.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

We should be working as a species to better ourselves, not getting distracted by an imaginary bit of Doom and Gloom that has no basis in fact, but only serves to line the pockets of a few who prey on the vulnerable.

And not getting distracted by shiny new technological toys or pop-culture flavor-of-the-months. Just sayin'. There are plenty of poisons out there.

If parapsychology was mainstream, instead of being oppressed by the 'old guard' of science, then all this gloom and doom and suicide tragedy would not be happening. Nor would our ecological and climate and energy and religious and political problems. Just sayin'.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
PlanetX...............so whens Hollywood bringing out the movie?????

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what you suggest we do with the theories that you don't like then? Ban them? Censorship in consiracies, now that would be ironic

But hey, let's ban books, because they have caused as much suicides as conspiracy theories do

""The Sorrows of Young Werther was Goethe's first major success, turning him from an unknown into a celebrated author practically overnight. Napoleon Bonaparte considered it one of the great works of European literature. He thought so highly of it that he wrote a soliloquy in Goethe's style in his youth and carried Werther with him on his campaigning to Egypt. It also started the phenomenon known as the "Werther-Fieber" ("Werther Fever") which caused young men throughout Europe to dress in the clothing style described for Werther in the novel.

It reputedly also led to some of the first known examples of copycat suicide. The "Werther Fever" was watched with concern by the authorities and fellow authors. One of the latter, Friedrich Nicolai, decided to create a satiric—and happier—ending called Die Freuden des jungen Werthers ("The Joys of Young Werther"), in which Albert, having realized what Werther is up to, had loaded chicken blood into the pistol, thereby foiling Werther's suicide, and happily concedes Lotte to him. And after some initial difficulties, Werther sheds his passionate youthful side and reintegrates himself into society as a respectable citizen.

Goethe, however, was not pleased with this version and started a literary war with Nicolai (which lasted all his life) by writing a poem titled "Nicolai auf Werthers Grabe" in which Nicolai (here a passing nameless pedestrian) defecates on Werther's grave, thus desecrating the memory of Werther from which Goethe had distanced himself in the meantime (as he had from the Sturm und Drang). This argument was continued in his collection of short and critical poems, the Xenien, and his play Faust

Source: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

There is a difference, 2012 and this Doom and Gloom about planet X is being shoved down everyone's throats whether they like it or not..

A book isn't as in your face as the internet and people spewing hoax pictures day in and day out, claiming some planet is going to hit the Earth in 3 weeks.. (well 2 days now if you go by one guy)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone on ATS,

With all the Hype & information out there on the internet and websites such as this one or Similar, Are we creating a Reality or a consciousness to Make these things Happen ? I came across some information to support this that we can Create such things and or Events from constantly Focusing & thinking about these Possible Happenings or Events. Just in some scenarios "Think Positive" or "The Secret" keep imagining that Car you want or that House you want & pretend you already own it and it will come true. Well in this case are we Going to make a Disaster in 2012 because we keep thinking it ? Well I don't know . Here is a Link about creating consciousness . Just some Thought .

www.trans4mind.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.johnassaraf.com...

www.mindreality.com...

themanageablelife.com...

www.in5d.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.essortment.com...

www.consciousalliance.org...

www.sapphyr.net...

These are just some Examples Use your own Thoughts on This and creating a Reality .

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There is a difference, 2012 and this Doom and Gloom about planet X is being shoved down everyone's throats whether they like it or not..

A book isn't as in your face as the internet and people spewing hoax pictures day in and day out, claiming some planet is going to hit the Earth in 3 weeks.. (well 2 days now if you go by one guy)

May I ask what sites you frequent, and in addition, why you are shocked you find this kind of ideas on these sites?? How exactly is the internet more in anyones face than a book is? I came onto this part of the internet on my own effort, nobody stuffed anything in my face

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If that's what you got, then you have a warped sense of my meaning.

We shouldn't in this day and age have war anymore, nor should we have a money based economy.. But htat's not what this thread is about.

Why would you suggest 2012 is about doom and gloom? Do you forget what planet your on? Isnt wars, rape, killings etc etc etc doom and gloom enough for you?

As you said, in this day and age we shouldnt have money or wars...THATS WHATS 2012 IS ABOUT!

This system we are under, this cancer of the chakras, currency consciousness, money minded, has to end. A beings life isnt in servitude. The human condition is changing. Awareness is shifting.

We have many many traditions, cultures, dare i say even religion speaking of an "END". IF you want to go by some youtubes videos about 2012, and basically dismiss what the whole of mankind has been saying for hundreds of years, so be it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

well obviously this one, and I also frequent 3D boards, as I'm an artist..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

No the phenomenon I'm talking about is not peace and harmony, it's about a planet that's supposed to be (according to some really interesting people) crashing into the Earth and causing the planet to flip on it's poles thereby exterminating mankind, ie: Nibiru..

It would be a wonderful thing if this peace movement (the Age of Aquarius stuff) that started in the SEVENTIES was actuality, but unfortunately it's not going to happen any more than a fictitious planet smashing into the Earth..

That unfortunately is what this 2012 thing is about, the end of the world.. and it needs to stop before more people get hurt..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The logic of this post is overly simplistic. The "kids read this stuff and kill themselves" is unfounded to say the least.

But if your concern is about people reading or seeing things that depress them, my guess is you should start with things that 5 billion people know about:

Fraud in the banking world leaving most of the planet poor = depressing.

Constant war mongering by every politician who can speak = depressing.

School, school food, school restrictions, school work = depressing.

Drugs produced by big pharma put in children with made up illnesses = depressing.

Horrible, unfit, parenting = depressing.

Fake authority who's sole purpose seems to find ways to tax, not help = depressing.

I could go on and on, but the idea that a few people who misunderstand the consciousness shifting process might be depressed by it as some sort of ill, is rather silly, life is full of things that upset us. In fact, to hear of it on TV and the internet broadcasters of all things social, kids are killing themselves in droves over being gay but not one that I've heard of has killed themselves over the Nibiru myth.

You should also clarify, it isn't the changes themselves you are speaking of, as you make no mention of it, but in fact gross misinterpretations of the things happening around us being posted as fact that is an issue, but I'd rather have that then folks censoring what we can express for the sake of the kids.

The "for the kids" has got to stop. This planet has had a war going on every day for 2000 years and all for the children of the future, it's about time we stopped thinking about the children of the future as some kind of abstract savior and started thinking about every person living now, regardless of age.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No most people don't take it seriously. Just us crackpots on ATS...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

I don't think ab-soul was being serious. It's just sort of his gimmick. Maybe he was, I don't really know. Some rappers rap about hoes, others aliens.
I just took it as a creative story, as the song is told through the point of view of the Annukai on Niburu

edit on 17-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

We should be working as a species to better ourselves, not getting distracted by an imaginary bit of Doom and Gloom

Will not work! People are too lazy to do anything, it's more convenient to believe in some made-up story that a change will happen without them having to do anything. This way, all you have to do is sit on your a$$ and let the "ascension" happen, like, on your lunch break.

It's a phenomenon which is a direct result of a disillusioned, angry, helpless but also ignorant society.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Hundreds of years? Really? Find me one source that connects New Age beliefs to the Long Count calendar that predates Frank Waters' 1975 book Mexico Mystique: The Coming Sixth World of Consciousness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join