It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange anomoly in Northwest Territory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Well maybe I should ask, did you experience any fear?

Fear is a bit of a strong word but admittedly I had to check myself a little bit a couple of times while I was tracking after dark. When you move your headlamp sometimes it creates a shadow at the edge of your vision that looks like movement or sometimes your movement through the bush makes a sound that seems like it came from something else. When that happens it gets you thinking about how little you can see in the dark and how slow you move compared to everything else out there. But before that starts to build up you really have to remind yourself that there really is nothing dangerous out there. I remind myself about all of the old trappers and other people that have spent there entire life alone in the bush without coming across the "boogie man".

On a side note, the area I was looking at is close to 400k farther north. It's northwest of Great Silver Lake.

Yeah, we're kind of all around that area. There is hunting cabins and fuel stashes throughout. Helicopters don't have nearly the range of fixed wing aircraft so as you get further north and there are fewer communities there has to be a lot more leap frogging to fuel stashes.

edit on 17-8-2012 by dainoyfb because: of typo.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Keep in mind that these are small structures. The square structures each take up about the same area as two spruce trees.

Occasionally too you will come across fire watch towers (which have living structures nearby associated with them) but this doesn't look much like one. They are rapidly disappearing with the advent of thermal band imaging satellites.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb

Well maybe I should ask, did you experience any fear?

Fear is a bit of a sting word but admittedly I had to check myself a little bit a couple of times while I was tracking after dark. When you move your headlamp sometimes it creates a shadow at the edge of your vision that looks like movement or sometimes your movement through the bush makes a sound that seems like it came from something else. When that happens it gets you thinking about how little you can see in the dark and how slow you move compared to everything else out there. But before that starts to build up you really have to remind yourself that there really is nothing dangerous out there. I remind myself about all of the old trappers and other people that have spent there entire life alone in the bush without coming across the "boogie man".

On a side note, the area I was looking at is close to 400k farther north. It's northwest of Great Silver Lake.

Yeah, we're kind of all around that area. There is hunting cabins and fuel stashes throughout. Helicopters don't have nearly the range of fixed wing aircraft so as you get further north and there are fewer communities there has to be a lot more leap frogging to fuel stashes.

Well it's said a certain amount of fear is healthy
I could see how one's imagination could get a hold of them in such a circumstance and in such isolation. Yeti, Bigfoot and all of the campfire stories probably sprang from such isolation. I'm sure it takes a good deal of time to get used to it to ever feel totally at ease.

I've been camping, but never alone. I know how a campfire can make very playful shadows which stir the imagination, so I can visualize what you mean about your headlamp. LOL

Those two objects just look well out of place - not only their appearance, but their orientation to one another.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
any antennas? couldnt be radio repeater hey/'

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If you notice the clearing with the two structures and orange thing there is a prevalent game trail that goes off into the island. I can't see where it leads to because the image is cropped that the OP posted but could someone (I have no idea how to work thee google earth map thingies) check into where the trail leads. Might be the other half of the puzzle right there that will tell us what we are looking at.

My personal belief. Its a hunting camp/ site. Bigfoot found it and wrecked the orange truck next to it, which is why it looks so smashed and flat. Monster quest is on their way right now to document the evidence! Bet they find an inconclusive nail board on the ground with dried mud on it!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
If you notice the clearing with the two structures and orange thing there is a prevalent game trail that goes off into the island. I can't see where it leads to because the image is cropped that the OP posted but could someone (I have no idea how to work thee google earth map thingies) check into where the trail leads. Might be the other half of the puzzle right there that will tell us what we are looking at.

My personal belief. Its a hunting camp/ site. Bigfoot found it and wrecked the orange truck next to it, which is why it looks so smashed and flat. Monster quest is on their way right now to document the evidence! Bet they find an inconclusive nail board on the ground with dried mud on it!

LOL I like the "smashed truck" theory.

What ever those two things are, they may be radiating heat as the permafrost (I think that's why the ground looks ashen) is not present immediately around them. Maybe they're solar panels powering a giant still which is near the water source

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A giant still you say? hmmmmm I like your theory better than mine. moonshiners!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
How far north is it?? There are NORAD radar stations in various places. Some are quite remote.
edit on 17-8-2012 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexanderM
How far north is it?? There are NORAD radar stations in various places. Some are quite remote.
edit on 17-8-2012 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

Well the coordinates are in my OP. Pretty far north LOL Don't know any other way to provide the info your requesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If they are solar panels then they are covered with snow and that doesn't make any sense because in order to catch any energy from the sun that far north solar panels have to be almost vertical, aimed almost at the horizon.

It is far to small for a NORAD radar instalation and there would be evidence of much more activity.

If it is a repeater then it will most likely be at the highest point in the area. You may want to check topographical info for the area.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If they are solar panels then they are covered with snow and that doesn't make any sense because in order to catch any energy from the sun that far north solar panels have to be almost vertical, aimed almost at the horizon.

It is far to small for a NORAD radar instalation and there would be evidence of much more activity.

If it is a repeater then it will most likely be at the highest point in the area. You may want to check topographical info for the area.

I agree with all of the above. It doesn't look like they would be at a high altitude, but not sure what constitutes that in that region. It's all lakes and permafrost. Are there high elevations up there?

Well what ever they are, they must be radiating heat. The ground appears to be different immediately adjacent to them. They're also not casting much of a shadow, so they cannot be very tall. Just a rather odd thing to see in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Or it's evidence of foot traffic, either human or animal. Maybe they are bait stations.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Or it's evidence of foot traffic, either human or animal. Maybe they are bait stations.

For what type of animals? They're approximately 16'x16' or so. Why two in such close proximity and placed on a bias to one another. Is all that typical of bait stations?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I do not know. The bait stations I've seen are hay bails, salt licks and grain troffs. These don't look like that but it looks like there might be a lot of recent traffic around the structures and several trails leading in and out.

Again, I would email the image and lat/long to the helicopter companies up there and see what they say. It may save a lot of drawn out speculation.
edit on 18-8-2012 by dainoyfb because: I added the last sentence.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
De Beers, did, and does a lot of exploratory diamond hunting in these areas. especially if there is an extinct volcano in the area.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Exactly what crossed my mind as well. Exploratory drilling to look for the possibility of diamonds in the throat of an extinct volcano. The repeated periods of glaciation over millions of years would have smoothed any semblance of a volcanic cone flat as a pancake. I could be wrong and the Canadian government has set up some kind of early warning system.

Nice find, OP.

edit on 18/8/12 by masqua because: sp

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I haven't read all the responses so not sure if this has been offered as a suggestion but it really could be anything. Throughout the Rockies in Alberta (yes I'm Canadian), there are emergency cabins for hikers to stay in. This could explain what you are seeing. It could be anything really.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
some people have toooo much free time on their hands...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Cool find, very very remote yet somewhat well trafficked and well kept.

White roof could be for camouflage as most of the year this area would be covered in snow.

Guesses:

1. Elite doomsday hideout.
2. Summer hunting cabins (been mentioned I think but I don't see a chimney).
3. Black budget secret tech facility.
4. Rich Canadian dudes love nest?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Photos full of fuzz are photos full of fuzz.

If it is that big of a mystery, wht haven't you gone and obtained better pictures.

Until you do, it's nothing but bunk.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join