It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why wasn't Paul Ryan the candidate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Myself and many members of the GOP asked, when the nominees came out, is this all they have?

And the best they came up with is Romney.

I still have to do some research into PR yet, but he seems to be favorable, and some commentators have said, even more popular than Romney, and will be a boost to his campaign.

So instead of bringing in such devisive candidates like Newt and Mittens, why wasn't PR pushed as the nominee?

He is younger, not as divisive as Romney, good looking guy.
Though his education seems to be a little sparse.

Not enough experience?

It was funny though, the morning shows all commented, regarding who the vp runner was going to be, that if you name anyone and your hopeful, it will never be them.

And they weren't kidding. No one saw this coming.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

He was considered "too extreme."

But since Romney has been criticized as too plasticky and corporate, then Ryan's extremeness complements Romney well.

The problem is that Ryan really isn't extreme. He talks an extreme game, but his actions are right along the party lines. He is far from extreme. We need extreme. Romney/Ryan is a long, long way from extreme.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. I think they WANT to move the party and the nation to the right, but they know they must take incremental steps. Making him a candidate for VP will open up his chances in 2016 to run - when there's a chance the GOP will win.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What has he done that was considered extreme? Other than having two first names?
edit on 17-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To me it looks like they printed out a TPTB version of Ron Paul.
They feeded Ron Paul into their supercomputer...
Filtered out all things they don't like, changed them a little
Even named the file a little the same , to confuse the lesser
Gave him a few (manageable) rough edges..

And hit the print button:

Voila: Paul Ryan.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I am going to put on a tin foil hat for a change.

What if they chose Paul Ryan to confuse the Ron Paul crowd?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

What has he done that was considered extreme? Other than having two first names?
edit on 17-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

LOL! Well, you can never trust a man with 2 first names, LOL!

He is a major Tea Party candidate. Personally, I think he is a let down, because his voting record doesn't reflect the Tea Party sentiments, but for those folks that think the Tea Party is extreme, he is a poster boy for extreme.

Paul Ryan's Extreme Anti-Choice Views

People like to call this "far right," but really it is just the opposite. "Anti-choice" is not a Conservative view. A Conservative view would have the government but out of the idea of choice.

Ryan an Extreme, Fringe Right, Nutjob

Paul Ryan is the Most Extreme VP candidate in more than a Century.

Now, Nixie, aren't you Pro-Choice both politically and personally? Whereas I am only pro-choice politically, but 99% pro-life personally, but I am a REAL extreme conservative, and I realize that pro-life laws are liberal laws requiring bigger government and more intrusion. Most of the Republican Ticket is for bigger government, more intrusion, less liberty.

Ryan is Pro-Life without exception, and that is extreme. He is for bigger defense spending, that is extreme (and NOT conservative). He voted [url=http://republicanredefined.com/2011/08/02/paul-ryan-on-hannity-explains-debt-ceiling-compromise-vote-hints-at-spot-on-super-committee-video/]FOR[ /url] the debt ceiling increase compromise. That wasn't extreme, but it certainly wasn't conservative either.

Paul Ryan is just another politician. He gives Extreme Talk, but he votes with the party line agenda. He takes the Tea Party support, but he follows the Republican leadership. He pretends to be a Conservative, but he follows the extreme Religious Right and he thinks that makes him a conservative.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by EartOccupant

I am going to put on a tin foil hat for a change.

What if they chose Paul Ryan to confuse the Ron Paul crowd?

That is exactly what they did, but it won't work, because Ryan's voting record looks NOTHING like Paul's record.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
To me it looks like they printed out a TPTB version of Ron Paul.
They feeded Ron Paul into their supercomputer...
Filtered out all things they don't like, changed them a little
Even named the file a little the same , to confuse the lesser
Gave him a few (manageable) rough edges..

And hit the print button:

Voila: Paul Ryan.

I saw that too, the name similarity to Ron Paul. That may have been the sole reason, that and the ayn rand twaddle which is part of why Ron Paul is considered 'crazy'. I'm so confused.....

We'll never have verified voting, that's for sure, because one power grab marinated in lies leads to the next, until the technofascists have us turning in each other via telepathy.

Remember...all that matters is that we believe our vote counts, that the game isn't fixed, the deck not stacked.

obama, romney....anyone but Ron Paul. Both are means to the same end. Without a close race atmosphere, the zionists have to work harder to make the final pick. Because technology is increasing in leaps and bounds in ways most of us would never imagine, the political environment MUST become more totalitarian, because only as such can the machine be properly fed. Nothing else matters. Once in place, they can control it as they see fit to make them feel powerful, protected against revolt, and at home with their true god. Same old same old.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The GOP is trying to make liberals look conservative but neither Romney or Ryan are conservative. For example, Paul Ryan voted in favor of the Patriot Act, NDAA, and warrantless wiretapping. Ryan also helped Obama destroy the enumerated powers in the U.S. government by voting in favor of ceding the Senate’s power to vet czars to Obama: clerk.house.gov...

Also, I came across this article recently that suggested that Paul Ryan is guilty of insider trading..

Neither Romney or Ryan are adequate candidates for office, however, they are obviously willing to prostitute themselves for money. Goldman Sachs may have selected Romney to replace Obama rather than Ryan simply because he appeals more to baby boomers.

top topics

join