It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Saginaw police shooting man 30+ times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm a little late to the party...but, is anyone here at ATS really that shocked anymore when these stories of Police extreme violence and brutality surface?

We've seen it a thousand times, and yet nothing is ever done to these criminals behind a badge.

It's sickening beyond belief and as long as the current system to train these individuals is in tact...nothing is going to change. It takes less time to become a police officer than it does to become a manager at a McDonalds. At the rate this bloodshed keeps increasing, I think I'll take my chances being protected by fast food employees (I know a few guys that work in the industry that wouldn't do so bad).

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I'm truly sorry you missed my point, I should have put a sarcasm tag aferward.
My post observes that the man was not shot to stop, this man was executed.
My bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

They have betrayed the public's trust

I've known good cops too. Not all are bad.

But this kind of thing is escalating week by week not even year by year now.

There are far too many bad cops now and they are getting away with murder because people are letting them.

They have betrayed the public trust and when law abiding people fear their police and government, something is wrong, very wrong with our current system.

This is distgusting. And these sad excuses for humans will walk away to spend their lives with their families. They'll probably even keep their jobs. They should feel a deep sense of shame and remorse, and at the very least resign. They have betrayed the public's trust, and abused their power and authority. They deserve no less than a firing squad themselves...but I would settle for all of them being thrown into prison right into General Population with all of the gangbangers from Detroit. Perhaps they would learn an important lesson about "teamwork" in that environment.

Good idea.
edit on 19-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm sorry I didn't pick up on your sarcasm.

I'm not a very witty person.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The only thing missing form the police now is a double S and and a swastika, look from the outside sure as hell does look like a fascist state in American now
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Starred..................yes we Americans now live in a fascist police state.

And we the People have only ourselves to blame as we keep compliantly accepting this as it escalates.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

It was because they are just plain nuts. They have been altered somehow, and are morphing into a civilian killing machine.

Starred..............and while that simple statement you made will either go over many people's heads or make others laugh, you are very awake and aware.

Read The Black Awakening by Russ Dizdar.

Yes humanity is morphing, changing, beginning with our souls...............and those that some type of authority, power over the rest of us are prime targets for the morphing.

You probably don't even realize unless you have read this book how right you are.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I've noticed that many (not all) people that crave power and authority over others are often drawn to be either in law enforcement or the military. Sort of a ego thing.

Many, far too many are psychologically, psychopathic narcissist in nature.

Whoever is screening these individuals mentally isn't doing their job very well.

And then again - I keep saying (learned in one of my political science classes) all empires come and go in three stages, but found this article even more interesting:

Worth a peek.

The Nine Stages of Civilizations – We're in the Seventh ~ Apathy

The United States is just over 230 years old and is now firmly entrenched in the seventh stage of all civilizations ( Apathy ) with only Dependence and eventually Bondage ahead of it:

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through a nine stage sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to complacency; from complacence to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependency back again into bondage. ( Attributed to Alexander Tytler )

In our present Plutocracy we have just made the transition from complacency to national apathy ~ which will surely be followed by dependence on the state and eventually bondage by the state. As Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General, has said ~ ” We’re not a democracy. It’s a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we’re a plutocracy: a government by the wealthy.”

The obvious vehicle for this shift in consciousness is FEAR and APATHY. FEAR, in actuality, is False Exaggerations Appearing Real but APATHY is a lack of interest and indifference and it has always been the the Great American Sin. See my column of August 27, 2007. blogs.salon.com...

Joseph Fort Newman, Atlantic Monthly, wrote about the Great American Sin of Apathy in October, 1922 ~ and its worth repeating now in June, 2009 .

” What is the great American sin? Extravagance? Vice? Graft? No; it is a kind of half-humorous, good-natured indifference, a lack of “concentrated indignation” as my English friend calls it, which allows extravagance and vice to flourish. Trace most of our ills to their source, and it is found that they exist by virtue of an easy-going, fatalistic indifference which dislikes to have its comfort disturbed….The most shameless greed, the most sickening industrial atrocities, the most appalling public scandals are exposed, but a half-cynical and wholly indifferent public passes them by with hardly a shrug of the shoulders; and they are lost in the medley of events. This is the great American sin.”

Unless we as individuals, and then as a nation, conquer fear and apathy we are doomed to dependence and then bondage by a state ruled by the wealthy. That state of dependence is drawing near and only faith and the great courage of civil revolt and even civil disobedience can revitalize this nation ~ particularly with a major economic depression increasingly making its presence felt.

Allen L Roland blogs.salon.com...

Freelance Online columnist Allen L Roland is available for comments, interviews and speaking engagements ( [email protected] )

Allen L Roland is a practicing psychotherapist, author and lecturer who also shares a daily political and social commentary on his weblog and website allenroland.com He also guest hosts a monthly national radio show TRUTHTALK on www.conscioustalk.net

Source: The Peoples Voice dprogram.net...

edit on 19-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

They could have just winged him in the legs....

I'd say more but I'd violate the sites T & C

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He was walking away and they decided he should die? That's a big thing in shootings, if I shot someone on the street and claimed it was self-defense but the gunshots were in the victim's back. They would automatically rule it a murder because he was shot in the back indicating that he was trying to get away. Murder plain and simple I hope they all get what's coming to them.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smokenmirrors

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
dude coulda laid down on the blacktop and would be alive today.

hey, they did ask him to comply.

easy to be an armchair quarterback, but if the dude made a move, even an itty bitty twitch, and me, i'm standin' there planning on dinner with my wife and kids and stuff, and dude turns, and he gives me even the teeny weeniest inclination of impropriety, methinks i'm openin' up on him.

your results may vary.

Cowardly. Far more interested in retreating home safely I see. When a police officer puts their own life above the laws they are sworn to uphold and their oath to the Constitution; They do not deserve to carry a badge or have any authority. Mentalities such as this are part of the reason why police officers are dishonorable frauds in the present day USA.

I could not do the job because I would be forced to compromise my Honor in the Us Vs. Them world of modern law enforcement. The roots of that tree are so filled with rot that vibrant life will never grace the profession of law enforcement ever again.

If law enforcement ever relearns the meaning of respect, duty and honor I will regain my respect for them. Until then they have earned nothing but my scorn.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter, the guy was probably dead after the first few hits. So they then shot a corpse.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by smokenmirrors

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
dude coulda laid down on the blacktop and would be alive today.

hey, they did ask him to comply.

easy to be an armchair quarterback, but if the dude made a move, even an itty bitty twitch, and me, i'm standin' there planning on dinner with my wife and kids and stuff, and dude turns, and he gives me even the teeny weeniest inclination of impropriety, methinks i'm openin' up on him.

your results may vary.

Cowardly.

Several online judges, ats and/or otherwise, render judgement in this case without knowledge of prior events, events leading up to the incident, location of officers on sight who responded, location of innocent civilians during the event, arms or lack thereof on the perpetrator, etc.

Obvious to me is the fellow gained the attention of numerous officers in broad daylight and he steadfastly refused to surrender his arm(s), and/or comply. Appears to be an incident that unfolded near a busy highway with several innocent civilians in the vicinity and/or driving by.

I stand by my comments. This man would be alive today had he simply complied with police orders to drop his weapon, cease and desist. The argument can be made, and is by some I presume, that this individual did not have the mental capacity to realize the situation he was in.

From what I see on the video, he turns to his right, and at that point the officers open fire. I also see that an officer or two appear to have been in line with the direction of his turn. If one officer perceived his hand movements to be reaching for a firearm, or perceived immediate threat from this individual, then the opening of fire is justified in my mind. It would certainly be justified if I were the one standing directly in front of a man armed with a knife with mental deficiencies and he made a threatening move toward me, and even more so if my wife and/or children were by my side.

I assure you, when armed, in the presence of a threat, yours truly will, if possible, give warning once, maybe twice, to a potential attacker. However, should that attacker make a move that is deemed a threat, the entire magazine will likely be emptied, regardless of the attackers perceived mental condition.

notice too no qualification as to your courage or strength of character, that would be out of line

your mileage may vary.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2012 by psyko4570 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

edit on 25-8-2012 by psyko4570 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wonder if there are enough morons left out there to make 1992 look like a mosh pit at an Air Supply concert? Doubt it. The shooting may have been legit had it been a single officer at a felony traffic stop. This can not be what it looks like. Maybe it is. Maybe the gene pool has degraded so much that this is what we are. possibly.

Had a mentally ill lady one time trying to stab herself with a pen, acting much the same way this man appeared to be. I walked over and said "Mam, May I borrow that?" and reached out my hand , she gave it to me. The look in her eyes as she went from rage to calm was pretty gratifying.

P.S

sorry bout the blank responses above
edit on 25-8-2012 by psyko4570 because: mistake

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join