It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Saginaw police shooting man 30+ times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First of July 2012 Milton Hall, a 49-year-old man was fatally shot by Saginaw police officers, the Michigan State Police investigate the incident but so far nothing serious has happened. The killing was the fourth by police in Saginaw this year.

In an article from the 6th of August you can read that the six officers were placed on paid administrative leave during the course of a state police investigation. To me the keyword here is were placed, so now they are back on duty? (this may be a misunderstanding of English because of my native language)

The six officers were placed on paid administrative leave during the course of a state police investigation. link

Now a new videoclip has emerged showing the shooting.

To me it looks a lot like excessive use of force to a extreme degree, it clearly shows how the man is gunned down by 30 shots! after a situation that doesn't look very dangerous to the officers. Watch this and you be the judge of what is happening.
In the video Saginaw Police Chief Gerald Cliff said Hall was known to be an assaultive person with a long history of contacts with law enforcement, not only with police from our department but with the county, Milton Hall is also equiped with a knife when the incident occurs....but is that enough to shoot him 30+ times? You can be the judge to that question.

I seriously hope the involved officers get more than the slap on the wrist they got so far.

Link to shooting

edit on 17-8-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
WOW, that is just UNBELIEVABLE behavior by police. Couldn't they have used NON-LETHAL means such as mace, a k-9 unit, or GEE I DUNO A TASER MAYBE?

Nope, they thought "f*** it, let's just shoot him."

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It would be comical if it weren't so tragic. I have no doubt that if they were all standing there like that and someone threw a firecracker on the ground between them, the same thing would have happened. They are just waiting to be let off the chain, and as soon as they hear the starting gun, they go!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Yep.

I bet it takes some skill to fire your hanguns that fast...its crazy overkill.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Bet all 6 get off with this

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just saw this, too, and was about to post the story.

From the video, it clearly looks like the man is actually walking away from the police they open fire. There *could* have been an officer behind the tree, but i doubt the 5-6 officers would open fire and risk a fellow officer being in a cross fire, so i doubt there was a cop there. Regardless if he was belligerent, they shot him as he was walking away.

Notice, also, the sheriff trying to justify the shooting by saying the man had a "history" of incidences with law enforcement. WTF does that give 5-6 police the right to open fire on a man who is walking away just because he's might be a troublemaker??? That is NO justification for shooting him just because "we've dealt with him before."

And it's not because there was any immediate danger. Such a SICK rationale of "Oh, he was a troublemaker," as if that makes it OK and justified to shoot him.

Granted, a person can quickly turn into an immediate threat, as the story suggests, but that is NO reason for hi to be shot 46 times. So what if he was loud and yelling, there has to be a better way for 5-6 Trained LEO to deal with a man than firing 46 shots at him!

Wrap your head around that: 46.

This is sick, disgusting, and shows, once again, how screwed up and twisted our police have become.

Now, a man is dead and the only thing going on is an "investigation."

Sick.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So what if he had history of assaulting people in the past. Doesn't mean anything. Take down. Non-lethal. And if you absolutely must use a gun on a walking (he was walking!!) man...Even shoot him in the legs FFS! Don't unload 30 damn rounds of bullets and kill him.

American police are so stupid!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Neat stuff, there were alot of cops there.
That might explain why so many bullets, but one of the cops at least was dedicated to emptying a magazine it sounded like.
Although the video was a ways away and not the best quality, it did not appear the man made a move for the police.
I wonder what the official report will say, and how the trigger happy officer that kept firing afterward will be dealt with.
When in class I always learned center of mass, shoot to stop.
It more sounded like shoot to silence testimony to me...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm always looking at ways to defend the police. I trust the police and after working for a branch of Homeland Security (no not TSA) I am always a little sensitive to subjects like this. This clearly shows excessive and unnecessary force being used. This would be different if the man had a gun but it was just a knife and unless he is some sort of Ninja he is likely not much of a threat. Taser would have and should have been option 1. Option 2 would be 1 gun shot to the mans leg.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

In that case he would be a homeless ninja...cause he lived on the street.

I also appreciate most of the work police is doing, it wouldn't be fun to be around if they suddenly disapeared, but we cant just turn our blind eyes towards stuff like this or we risk "more" corruption.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Clearly a death by firing squad.

And I love how the police try to justify their actions by claiming that the man has a violent past. What difference does that make? Why is that significant? The police have the power to take that info and execute any anyone they want? Don't answer that...it was a rhetorical question. Of course they can kill you. They've been doing and getting away with it for too long.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm usually a Pro-LEO guy, but this was over the top.

Where were their tasers? Or Mace even?

The guy had a knife, either of the two or combination would have negated this situation. Heck, even release the dog to distract him prior to taking him down...alive.

This is one of the cases where I would say that these Cops need to be put on trial.

Senseless.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's not an attempted arrest, that's a firing squad.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
the mother said the cops lined up like a firing squad.....over 30 shots?...i guess one to the shoulder or leg would NOT have brought him down...right?.....fire all of them, they have no business owning, let alone carrying a weapon in any capacity. even soldiers in battle don't use that much ammo on one enemy. common thugs all of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Although I am dismayed at what happened here, I need to point something out.

Cops aren't trained for "one shot to the shoulder or leg". They are trained for centre mass and to kill, not disarm.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is why tazers were invented, for this very reason.
If you had no dogs or tazers and "had" to shoot him, than just a few shots would have done it.
Now I know it said they shot 40+ times, but they're cops, so only 18 hit the man I bet,but still too much.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hell, if they had 6 tasers they probably all would have used them and killed him anyway!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
dude coulda laid down on the blacktop and would be alive today.

hey, they did ask him to comply.

easy to be an armchair quarterback, but if the dude made a move, even an itty bitty twitch, and me, i'm standin' there planning on dinner with my wife and kids and stuff, and dude turns, and he gives me even the teeny weeniest inclination of impropriety, methinks i'm openin' up on him.

your results may vary.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was fairly sickened watching this video. The amount of shots fired doesnt seem like overkill, but this was a perfect time to use a taser. Or mace. Or the dog. It certainly looked to me like the man was moving away, and not toward anyone else. Im also rather amazed the cops got in that close. Just looked sloppy.

I would have hoped at least one officer had a taser out, but no. Bad police work. Guy dead because of it. Of course I didnt see the whole video but it was clear the man had some mental issues. I hope someone tried to calm the situation and it wasnt just scream8ng to get on the ground. Time to line up six officers, no time for a taser?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You gotta undrestsdn Saginaw is the kind of place that makes Detroit a vacation destination. One less on the streets just cuts back on a little OT for the cops. They guy comitted suicide simple as that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join