It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Soros know the global economy is doomed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Like many of you here, I genuinely dislike George Soros. I think he is nothing but a greedy and evil man who will stop at no expense to gain further wealth and power. It's usually a good idea to keep tabs on a man like this...

Which brings me to this...

Soros Sells Off Major Stocks

All of his stocks in Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, and Goldman Sachs GONE... it leaves him with NO major financial holdings at all.

Does Soros see the coming death knell of the global economy, or has he engineered it? I can think of no other explanation for his actions other than he is preparing for the emminent collapse of the system.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
article says he bought 300k something of facebook stock. wonder why he would pull out of financial organizations and put stake in facebook instead?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

That seemed odd to me as well. But still... I wonder if he is hoarding gold and precious metals?

Soros cashing out of all of those stocks is rather profound, at least to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
"Soros is evil!"

"Yeah, like the Koch brothers."

"The koch brothers? WHY DO YOU LIBERALS HATE THE RICH?"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This might have something to do wit the LiBOR scandal, both Citi group and JP morgan are going to be investigated over the manipulation of the Libor rate?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Not a liberal, thanks!

Likewise, I am no fan of men like Soros who look down on the rest of us as pawns to be used to further their agendas and bottom lines.

I just think it is always prudent to keep track of men like Soros, Ted Turner, Bill Gates, etc... the rich have the best information available, so it behouves us all to make sure whe have a semblence of what they may be up to.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i read a story on rense .com that china is pulling thousands of tons of gold from abroad and resmelting its gold bars to launch a gold backed global currency ? it might have something to do with the tungsten /gold bars that america holds

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
i read a story on rense .com that china is pulling thousands of tons of gold from abroad and resmelting its gold bars to launch a gold backed global currency ? it might have something to do with the tungsten /gold bars that america holds

I've just been told soros is up to something in the gold markets aswell
Apparently there's a story running on RT covering this
Soz but I can't post links at the mo
And to be honest don't fully understand the implications or even the full story as I'm getting this word of mouth.
Anyone ?
edit on 17-8-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Soros may be making such a huge move to shake some markets, I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

Originally posted by jtap66
"Soros is evil!"

"Yeah, like the Koch brothers."

"The koch brothers? WHY DO YOU LIBERALS HATE THE RICH?"

I firmly believe that nobody can amass a great fortune without walking over the backs of several people.
I don't hate the rich, in fact when food prices become too high, I plan on eating them.
No joke.
edit on 17-8-2012 by g146541 because: oops forgot the op

edit on 17-8-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
No man should have so much power that they can have this much influence in the world. That goes from Soros to Koch. But we are the ones who let these plutocrats get away with it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by Gwampo

That seemed odd to me as well. But still... I wonder if he is hoarding gold and precious metals?

Soros cashing out of all of those stocks is rather profound, at least to me.

That's important info.and,I agree very significant.Many investors follow this guys lead.Watch the markets...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I hear you.

My point was that when liberals attack the Koch brothers (for doing exactly what Soros does) they're accused of hating the rich and successful. When conservatives attack Soros, they quickly change their tune.

I get the point that was made, I was just cracking wise.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is important, people really need to watch this....

Soros has openly admitted to manipulating markets and currency in other countries to make a profit......

He even deliberately had a hand that CRASHED a countries currency to turn a profit, and is proud of it, hes said this on video on several occasions......Thats how rich and powerful this man is......

If hes moving things around you can bet hes doing it to make money, and you can bet its not good for anyone else
edit on 17-8-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I'll go with sees it coming, engineered/is engineering it, and will profit from it. From what I know of Soros, all I can see is one scary, evil, horrifically greedy dude (rearrange those in the order you prefer)..

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Facebook? Global Big Brother? I don't understand everyone's love affair with that forum.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Buffet pulled out of Citi group this week too. There is something in the works that's for sure. All these countries LOOKING like they are getting ready for Martial Law. But a blind man can see Fiat money is done. There is a big reset coming down the pike and things IMO are going to get nasty. The "we want it now" sheeple are in for a rough ride.

I remember my Grandpa saving for 4 years just to buy a used vehicle. Can you imagine some of these people having to save for a year and a half to buy a IPad? Not realizing they can't even afford the internet.

By the way you can't eat gold. When you come knocking on my door for food you better have something I need to barter with and that ain't gold.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
go to before its news CHINA LAUNCHING GOLD BACKED CURRENCY ?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yep, ive been in to this new currency model for a while...that china is so smart....
now Im trying to time the global fundamentals.....not a clue here....but short term I extracted 44% in 7 hours today

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Look at this dog that Soros has increased his holdings quite heavily

www.gurufocus.com...

About Acacia Research

Acacia Research’s subsidiaries partner with inventors and patent owners, license the patents to corporate users, and share the revenue. Acacia controls over 200 patent portfolios covering technologies used in a wide variety of industries which include the following:

Soros picks up stake in Facebook. Facebook announces new facial recognition system for "marketing" purposes.

Who owns the patent for this new technology??

Acacia is into everything
www.acaciaresearchgroup.com...

Who knows..??

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by moderateAmerican

I have a 2nd mortgage with Citigroup, they doubled my minimum payment due in Sept.

I keep wondering every time I send in a mortgage payment, which will be the last one I bother in sending. Sept. just might be the last.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join