It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd over Brisbane, Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It looks identical to a helicopter

I should say that here in Brisbane, helicopters other than news choppers are pretty rare. I think we have one police helicopter but I believe that is stationed down at the Gold Coast. So to see 3 in that time period would be pretty rare.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've been paying more attention on my smoke breaks today and I haven't seen any planes flying that same path as these objects and also I can easily make out the shapes of planes so if these were planes, they were further away than any normal flights.

The other thing is I am yet to see two planes as close together as the objects (I didn't get footage of the two).

Anywho, will see if I get anything tonight. I will film some definite planes and post so others can compare.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Exactly, they are rare so when you finally see one you freak out and think it's a UFO

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Exactly, they are rare so when you finally see one you freak out and think it's a UFO

lol I see your point but if I had to pick something I would say planes over helicopters.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I live in Brisbane too so I know that right in the middle of your viewing angle there is a runway at minipi parklands. It's were they fly model airplanes, I think its called the "model aero club" or something. It's fooled me so many times as I drive past, day and night. The planes they fly aren't just toys they have some serious gear too, jets and stuff, some with night vision cameras on board, it's crazy stuff, pretty cool to check out of you're ever over there.

Must be so many UFOs sighting reported from that place lol, I've seen some really odd craft there, one time they had one that was actually shaped to look like a flying saucer.
I almost drove off the road when I saw it.

edit on 17-8-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Wow, I never knew about that. That's definitely a possibility then. I might check that out one day, sounds cool.

Come to think of it, would people be flying models around after midnight on a Friday night though?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I live in Brisbane too so I know that right in the middle of your viewing angle there is a runway at minipi parklands. It's were they fly model airplanes, I think its called the "model aero club" or something. It's fooled me so many times as I drive past, day and night. The planes they fly aren't just toys they have some serious gear too, jets and stuff, some with night vision cameras on board, it's crazy stuff, pretty cool to check out of you're ever over there.

Must be so many UFOs sighting reported from that place lol, I've seen some really odd craft there, one time they had one that was actually shaped to look like a flying saucer.
I almost drove off the road when I saw it.

edit on 17-8-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

Wow, I never knew about that. That's definitely a possibility then. I might check that out one day, sounds cool.

Come to think of it, would people be flying models around after midnight on a Friday night though?

After midnight? Nah I've never seen them flying that late, if they were Friday would be more plausible than a weeknight but it just seems too late... unless its teenagers, except the ones who do it all look like nerds.

Another problem is the lights on their models aren't that bright and they only fly low, so I think that it would be very hard to see them from Paddington. They would have to fly very high to be seen over the skyscrapers in the city and all the hills around norman park and seven hills. The angle of inclination of your sight path would need to be steep to be clear of obstructions and the distance to minippi is quite a way; so to be seen from Paddington their altitude at minippi would need to be beyond what they are allowed to fly at.

edit on 18-8-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For those following the thread, I'm not sure if I will be getting any footage tonight. I was planning on at least filming some obvious planes to compare but it may not happen.

Long story short, my GF has epilepsy and has had her first seizure in 4 months today so this thread isn't my top priority at the moment.

Just thought I should let people know that I haven't bailed on it.
edit on 18-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Not good mate I hope yr gf is feeling better soon!

I'm working tonight also, so if I see anything I'll make sure I get some pics and some
Video etc and we can compare notes

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just had a look at departures from Brisbane Airport for this morning 12:00am - 3:59am and it says one international flight scheduled for 2:30 am and no domestic flights for this period. It was between approx 12:00am and 12:30am when I saw these objects (Just realised I didn't put a time in the OP).

That discounts any "normal" planes as far as I can see. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bne.com.au...

It couldn't have been an arrival as according to this map It would have had to be either the D or E flight path or even C but either way these are all departure paths

bne.com.au...

edit on 18-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: typos galore

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Thanks. She will be fine but it still gets the nerves going witnessing it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've also not seen anything on any news indicating that a chopper may have been out and about at these times, let alone 3.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just read your posts... Wanted to let you know that my daughter and I witnessed some rather strange things a few days ago, on 8/13, on the Oregon southern coast. The colors are similar, golden-orange... and I am still puzzled by the movement and complete lack of sound. The ones I saw were within 1/2 mile and totally silent. I love to watch the night sky, and had never seen anything like it. So much so, I went online and did a search - even for military flares - but could not find anything that "behaved" like what I saw or fit the description. I ended up filling out a form on MUFON, hoping someone, somewhere has an idea what the heck it was. There have been other reports of similar sightings, so maybe we've all seen the same thing?

My questions to you is: Did it make any noise? Were you close enough that you could have heard an engine? Did you watch it until it disappeared? If so, did it fly off or did the light just stop?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinmomma
Just read your posts... Wanted to let you know that my daughter and I witnessed some rather strange things a few days ago, on 8/13, on the Oregon southern coast. The colors are similar, golden-orange... and I am still puzzled by the movement and complete lack of sound. The ones I saw were within 1/2 mile and totally silent. I love to watch the night sky, and had never seen anything like it. So much so, I went online and did a search - even for military flares - but could not find anything that "behaved" like what I saw or fit the description. I ended up filling out a form on MUFON, hoping someone, somewhere has an idea what the heck it was. There have been other reports of similar sightings, so maybe we've all seen the same thing?

My questions to you is: Did it make any noise? Were you close enough that you could have heard an engine? Did you watch it until it disappeared? If so, did it fly off or did the light just stop?

I couldn't hear any noise but even if they were standard planes, I wouldn't have heard anything from this distance so unfortunately no real indication of anything there.

I watched until they disappeared but it's hard to say whether they just stopped of flew into the distance. I was focussing on the LCD screen of my phone attempting to follow them and it's real hard to make things out through those screens. The first two I lost on the screen and when I looked up I couldn't find them again but I think the last one moved behind a tree out of my sight.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just for reference sake, I went out when I heard a chopper just now and filmed it

I notice the "size" of the light is much the same as the following video of one of the objects (pause them both when they are zoomed out), yet the object in the following video is a hell of a lot further away as to not make a sound.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The GF is sleeping so I'm going to put down my e-pipe and go back to the analogue smokes for the night and see if I catch anything on my smoke breaks.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just filmed a plane for reference too. This is what a normal flight looks like from my view

Also, unlike what I saw last night, this can be matched up with flight QF637 Brisbane - Melbourne flight that departed at 19:10 taken from this site bne.com.au...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I just got to work now so I'll keep an eye on the sky, also dont forget the archer field airport is close too, and in regards to helicopters I've seen a lot of military choppers getting around of a night as well, and there are a few private owned choppers that do cruise the sky, I saw the energex chopper the other night too.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
I just got to work now so I'll keep an eye on the sky, also dont forget the archer field airport is close too, and in regards to helicopters I've seen a lot of military choppers getting around of a night as well, and there are a few private owned choppers that do cruise the sky, I saw the energex chopper the other night too.

Yeah I've thought about Archerfield as well but the distance these seemed to be at yet the light put off by them seemed unusual.

I've seen the military choppers as well a few times but again the distance vs light is different.

As far as private aircraft, I don't know of way to track that so that's up in the air (pun intended)

It's nigh on impossible to do any more without being able to transmit exactly what my eyeballs saw as opposed to the camera on the phone but this thread serving as a reminder to myself of what I saw is good enough

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well hopefully we may see something interesting tonight as well! And I agree with the phone cameras vs eyeballs it sucks!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Just discovered a few seconds of video that shows the two lights. I must have pressed record but stopped when I realised it was sideways. If you put it on 1080, full screen and pause at 6 secs, you can see a white light directly to the right of the brightest building light and a faint red light below the white one (looking at it all as it is sideways)

It's a shame white and red are common coloured lights on aircraft lol I swear these looked like orange balls to the naked eye.

It doesn't really show much but just thought I should put everything I've filmed up.

edit on 18-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: Bourbon induced typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join