It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because Your Kids Are NOT Important!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So, I am listening to GMA this morning. I HATE the morning tabloid shows, but my husband always turns them on when he is getting ready for work.
They are talking about children left unattended in hot cars.
According to the Department of Geosciences at SFU San Francisco University..

Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 2012: 23

This has always been a very sore subject for me.
Anyway...Some talking head moron pathetic excuse for a man said that we should

Leave SOMETHING IMPORTANT in the backseat so we don't forget our kids. You know....Like your keys or purse.

Seriously?!?
WTFOMG!!!!!!!!

It's great that we have these pieces of human excrement to tell us what is important. Because we should all know that our purse is more important than our kids. Of course.
Absolutely infuriating. Disgusting.
People who leave (forget) their kids, who are 2 feet away from them in the backseat, not to mention the ones who intentionally leave them in the car to shop, should be jailed. Or shot. Something...Most times they are not even charged even though it is illegal.
Listen folks...
There is NO excuse.
None.

I am so pissed right now.
I had to rant about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good rant. I hope the talk show host isn't a parent.
Second verse same as first.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

lol, i *HIGHLY* doubt parents are "forgetting" their kids. I have two kids and I know just how inconvenient it can be to run into a store with the both of them if all I need to grab is a loaf of bread, or drop off a library book. But it doesn't mean I leave them in the truck. not ever! Not even if it's not boiling hot out.....If I want to do a bunch of things that take 5 minutes or less I wait until my husband is home to watch the kids, or bring him with me so he can sit in the truck with them. It's common sense....and planning. People are just too lazy.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
How could someone forget their kid in the car?

I could never imagine forgetting that my dog was in my car. It's just something that you DON'T forget unless you're on drugs or something is wrong with you mentally.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I am right there with you! When my son was growing up he was either with me or his dad or a relative and he was not out of our sight for a second! He was closely surrounded and protected and loved by family.

When I hear about people who neglect their children...my blood boils! How can anyone be so careless with a precious human life! I believe some people just should not be parents...and my heart goes out to all the children of this world...who have lousy parents.

What can be done?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is unimaginable to me that they can forget their kids. I suppose they might be lying.
It really doesn't matter to me, though. I don't care about the why.
I just don't understand that they are not even charged with negligence or anything. Even when the child dies.
Sad how the authorities just pick and choose which laws to ignore or enforce.

The creep on GMA just pushed me over the edge, though. Saying your house keys or purse are more important than your kids. I can't wrap my brain around that.
Ugh

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I wish I had the answer to that one, caladonea.
I just don't know

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
they are NOT your children they belong to the goverment ..when you sign the birth certificate they become collateral for loans ? look it up en loco parentis
edit on 17/8/12 by geobro because: missed a bit

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There was a case back in the mid-90's that received a ton of attention here in the Knoxville, TN area. A local restaurateur stood trial in Delaware for criminal negligence when his 18month old son died from being left in the car.

His story was his wife had put the boy in their Suburban and then the husband borrowed the car for a business meeting and did not know the boy was inside. And because the vehicle had high-back seats and tinted windows he did not see the boy in the car until he returned from his meeting 3 hours later. The family framed it as he died from a "communication breakdown" and the jury accepted that. He was found not guilty.

I have never agreed with that verdict.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oops, left my Iphone in the car be right back.
Oops, I'll grab Johnny too.
Glad I left something important in the car now!!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OP, I agree wholeheartedly.

But I have a confession. I forgot my son once. No excuse, it was completely my fault.

Here's what happened. We had gone almost two nights without sleep, my son was 1 year old and teething. School was restarting and it was the first day; I had a meeting out of town to attend.

I was pretty zombie-like from lack of sleep. Put my son in the backseat, guzzled the caffeine on the way. Normally he would "talk" to me on the way to daycare, but this morning he fell asleep. I guess that's how I forgot he was in the car....my exhaustion coupled with his silence. Still not an excuse.

Got to the conference, parked, then started to get out of the car. That's when I noticed my son in the backseat, sound asleep.

That was a rude awakening, and absolutely terrifying. I grabbed him out of that seat and held him, crying my eyes out for a solid ten minutes. Then I drove him home and called in sick at work. Skipped the meeting, spent the day with my beautiful and precious child.

My carelessness, inattentiveness, whatever you want to call it, could have ended tragically. And yes, it would have been a mistake.

So no, there's no excuse for this. At all. But sometimes, mistakes do happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Not really the same thing. You remembered him before you actually closed him in the car and walked away.
My daughter calls that a "derp moment".
Must have been scary, though.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Imagine, two kids who have spent their lives so far making demands and seeking activity from their parents might get left in a car because they have become nothing more than white noise.

As humans, we can sometimes (subconsciously) try block out sounds we normally have to endure. The parents who forgot their children and left them somewhere have done this to perfection on those occasions, whether it's blanking them out while watching a favorite TV program, locking them in the car because they maybe fell asleep or leaving them at the pub.

They just "tuned" the kids out of their senses.

That and the fact that so many people are so self obsessed these days that any thought beyond "self" just didn't occur.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Sadly, I think you are very close to the truth of this.
People have become so self absorbed. And always our popular culture telling us that "It's all about you" "You deserve it" "Do it for yourself"
And we wonder why the youth of today act the way they do. With no thought to consequences or responsibility.
Only a sense of entitlement.
Then they grow up and become gangsters.....or worse.....politicians.
And leave their kids in the car to go clubbing. Harlingen mother leaves child in car to go clubbing

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

What great advice! Leave some valuables in your backseat so that any thief can bust out your window and steal your stuff and maybe if your lucky your child too.

new topics

top topics

join