It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado U. to segregate dorms for students with gun permits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I do have to admit that I have tattoos that are visible most of the time and I do get looked at like I am going to steal something from time to time, but I don't really think they expect me to pull out a gun. So I do know what you mean on some part of that. People's stereotypes kill me and I try really hard not to do it myself for that reason.

When people have fears or suspicions like that, it can be dangerous either way. Judging who is CCW or not based on appearance can cost someone their life in the right circumstances. It can also cause others to miss signs they should have seen in someone else who looked "business like" but went bat shiite crazy... but you'll never convince others of that.

Absolutely ... and the big benefit of CCW is PRECISELY the fact that you don't know who is carrying and who isn't ... that's one of the major points... people are less likely to try to mug you because they simply don't know if you have a gun on you or not.

I feel sorry for anyone who tries to mug you =)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Nah, Ohio is a CCW state as well.

Your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you are wrong. You cannot look at a person and know if they are packing or not.

I got in a fight once, in a movie theatre, with my gun in its holster. I didn't start the fight, in fact, I walked away from it 3 times, and the guy grabbed my shoulder and spun me around, and my brother jumped on him. It was a sordid affair, but the point is this. I got in the fight, police came, interviewed all of us, and even the trained police, responding to a fight, didn't know I had a concealed gun on me until I told them about it. Usually they would take the gun and unload it until everything is sorted out, but since there was a bit of a crowd around, they asked me to show them where it was concealed, I did, and they told me to make sure it stayed there and keep my hands clear from that area, which I did.

It is impossible to spot someone who knows how to conceal a gun properly. Even the police can't do it. I've carried a gun through a metal detector at a club before!! It was a country bar, the gun was in my boot, and the boots were "Dingos" with big metal eagles strapped on the outside. I set off the regular alarm, so they used the wand, found my belt buckle, and found the buckle on my boot, and sent me right on through.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

In Texas, carrying in a bar is illegal. I guess we are not the wildest of the wild west as some people like to think.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

In Texas, carrying in a bar is illegal. I guess we are not the wildest of the wild west as some people like to think.

It's illegal here too. The establishment has to have more than 50% of its sales from something other than alcohol. So its legal in some place like Applebees, but not in an actual bar. It's also illegal to carry it on public universities. I still carry mine 100% of the time, I just pray I don't need it, and I make sure nobody except my wife knows I have it.

If I ever do need it, I'd rather be alive and fighting a legal battle than to be dead and abiding by the law.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I can see your point. Actually, if the proper '51%' signage is not there the person would probably have a defense. I image the sign law is there also.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I don't think there is a sign law. I've never seen a sign. There are a couple of places that are pretty iffy. We have a place called "Pockets." They have pool tables, food, cover charge for bands, and of course alcohol. It seems like mostly a bar, but their sales could easily be less than 50% alcohol. There are places like sports bars with food, Hooters, Applebees, Beef O'Brady's, that seem pretty clearly legal, and places like pubs that seem clearly illegal, but there are quite a few that could definitely use a sign!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I could see this as a conspiracy to set up an event in the carrier's dorm to further the idea of restricting firearms.

It's hard to trust those in position of decision in today's world.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I could see this as a conspiracy to set up an event in the carrier's dorm to further the idea of restricting firearms.

It's hard to trust those in position of decision in today's world.

Very possibly...

Or a social experiment to see how long it takes for a college kid to get drunk, twist off, and kill his roommate.
I wanted to kill mine a couple of times. It's a good thing I didn't have a pistol then.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its the Universitie's right to do it Weather we like it or not. At Least they are allowing the students to have them.
edit on 17-8-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

When the order comes down to disarm them, they will be easier to corral, won't they? Could this be a Wako in the making?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join