It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on the News Killed to Death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
I think the real question is, can you be killed without dying ...

But you can easily see the intention to put an extra emotion onto the newsitem here. Normal guys get killed, but this guy ... it was even worse, he got killed to death. And so, the media is trying to create a bias between people who die ... this one just died, but this one ... he died to death.

Obviously, the mass media, thinks the general public is a bunch of morons. And basically, they're probably right ... I mean, they've playing this for decades. Take Iraq as an example, of the 35 or so million that live in Iraq, and the few million or su kurds ... Saddam Hussein killed "millions". I mean, it should have been a noticeable amount of people missing if tenths of percentages of the population was dead. They sure seemed live and kicking, still 35 million, after the US invasion.

So, the mass media is right on the money ... people are stupid enough, to think there is a difference, between getting killed and killed to death.

You know...after giving this some further thought you can actually be Killed and brought back to life...happens every day.

Now if you are not brought back to life it would be correct to say you were Killed to death...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is a hilarious picture, but its old. I got a copy of this in my e-mail over a year ago. Still makes me laugh though.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WOW.

That is the most egregious of grammatical/spelling errors to date.

We all know it's "Man Killed to Def"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

It's actually amazing mistakes like this don't happen more often.

My girlfriend works at a major Canadian news organization and has since she graduated from her university's journalism program. Much of her job consists of stuff like this; making bumpers or writing voice overs. The fact is that it's not as simple as it seems. Banners are conceived and typed up moments before they are broadcast, so there really isn't a chance to have anyone "look it over". A news room is a pretty hectic place and I think people forget that sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow. Killed TO DEATH!!! That sounds pretty serious. I hope he's ok.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Its a bad mistake no doubt about it but there is nothing well paid about the job...the industry has gone to crap and a handbasket and they do things as cheaply as possiable often times using interns for positions that used to be paid or by having one person the director do it all and mistakes are made.

As for the radio station DJ...that does not compute as it would indicate a record player which have not been in use in radio for a very long time..it is the only way it would be the wrong speed...not even possiable otherwise unless the harddrive used had a bad file in which case the DJ would not even know it since almost all radio about 99.9 % is prerecorded today using "voice tracking" technology weeks in advance...days...or at least hours just depends on the show.

When using voice tracking the DJ does not even listen to the music and in some cases the music is not even loaded yet into the computer so my guess is the hard drivew had a bad file...several different formats are used depending on the system much like MP3 so sometimes they are corrupted so when you hear the DJ not mention a mistake...he would not have even known it and sometimes it is better to press on and not mention errors...something I was taught many years ago and after 22 years in radio and television I have gone from records to cassettes to CD to harddrives as far as technology.

Many of the spelling mistakes and such happen in a rush to get a piece on air...not an excuse but it happens especially at the local level where they do not employee enough people to get the job done right. I worked for a station that had six radio stations in one building and every day I was on 5 of the 6 and on occassion I was on all 6 some at the same time using different names...ever since deregulation the business has become a joke....more about the buying and selling of the licenses and making money from that instead of the product and the internet and cable pretty much destroyed it when they stood by and did nothing as far as using the technology to thier advantadge,

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I find the American 'shot to death' amusing....we say shot and killed......

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you, unless you're working for a major network newscast, those are not well-paid jobs. The people typing those lower thirds are the station grunts and make peanuts.

In smaller markets the reporters don't even make very much. Here in ABQ a lot of reporters have left television to work for different organizations as their communications/PR people.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

Its a bad mistake no doubt about it but there is nothing well paid about the job...the industry has gone to crap and a handbasket and they do things as cheaply as possiable often times using interns for positions that used to be paid or by having one person the director do it all and mistakes are made.

As for the radio station DJ...that does not compute as it would indicate a record player which have not been in use in radio for a very long time..it is the only way it would be the wrong speed...not even possiable otherwise unless the harddrive used had a bad file in which case the DJ would not even know it since almost all radio about 99.9 % is prerecorded today using "voice tracking" technology weeks in advance...days...or at least hours just depends on the show.

When using voice tracking the DJ does not even listen to the music and in some cases the music is not even loaded yet into the computer so my guess is the hard drivew had a bad file...several different formats are used depending on the system much like MP3 so sometimes they are corrupted so when you hear the DJ not mention a mistake...he would not have even known it and sometimes it is better to press on and not mention errors...something I was taught many years ago and after 22 years in radio and television I have gone from records to cassettes to CD to harddrives as far as technology.

Many of the spelling mistakes and such happen in a rush to get a piece on air...not an excuse but it happens especially at the local level where they do not employee enough people to get the job done right. I worked for a station that had six radio stations in one building and every day I was on 5 of the 6 and on occassion I was on all 6 some at the same time using different names...ever since deregulation the business has become a joke....more about the buying and selling of the licenses and making money from that instead of the product and the internet and cable pretty much destroyed it when they stood by and did nothing as far as using the technology to thier advantadge,

Wow, I have certainly learned something else today...........all that stuff about the radio station is amazing....gosh you were a busy man being 6 different people all in one day...........great experience though..........

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

lol That's to show that the media just wants to make a big, sensational title which doesn't always follows grammar logic. Basically the guy was killed until he died from it... Great find.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vespa51
I find the American 'shot to death' amusing....we say shot and killed......

I suppose it's similar to us in the UK never using the word homicide, we just say killed or murdered.........

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
According to the movie "The Wizard of Oz" there are apparently different degrees of death:

Coroner: [singing] As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her, and she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Killed to death.. ha ha ha ha. I like that.

My grandfather used to say of someone... "Oh he died of deadness".

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That's about as good as "Waking Up Dead" and I have heard that used many times.

All I can do is shake my head :shk: and contemplate WTH?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Isn't that the definition of homocide?

Now that is something I am not sure of nixie_nox.....................I looked up homocide or homicide, I didn't realise that there are two different ways of spelling it................something else I have learned today.........but as for the term/word homicide, it is not really a word that we use here in the UK, we just tend to use the word murder over here.....

en.wikipedia.org...

"homocide" isn't a word we use over here in the US either. Well, maybe in the gay community.

The irony hehe

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Isn't that the definition of homocide?

Now that is something I am not sure of nixie_nox.....................I looked up homocide or homicide, I didn't realise that there are two different ways of spelling it................something else I have learned today.........but as for the term/word homicide, it is not really a word that we use here in the UK, we just tend to use the word murder over here.....

en.wikipedia.org...

"homocide" isn't a word we use over here in the US either. Well, maybe in the gay community.

The irony hehe

I was trying to be tactful my friend with the persons spelling/mispronunciation error of homicide...........but thanks for your input...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join