It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on the News Killed to Death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I saw this still of a news item today which seemed to be doing the rounds on the internet....

I have no idea what killing it is in connection with or when it was, but sometimes I wonder who the hell employs people to do some of these well paid jobs.....

Is it possible to be killed to death?

Isn't death bad enough without being killed that little bit extra?

Sometimes the spelling and grammar of some news items/captions is so bad I want to scream at the screen.....

Sometimes I think that they are that desperate to try and get the news out to the masses so quickly that they don't even check what they have written........

You would think that somebody connected to the channel would identify the problem and correct it.....

Just the other day I was listening to a radio show, the DJ spoke for a minute or so and then stated what song he was going to play next and the name of the band. Then it went silent the song started, but the song was at the wrong speed and sounded like the Chipmunks cartoon. The song played like this all the way to the end and when the song had finished the DJ came back on, introduced the next song and didn't even mention the mistake with the previous song. You would think that a radio station would notice if a track was being played at the wrong speed...........after all, you can only listen to music on the radio.......some things drive me nut............

It reminds me of an old comedy sketch, but I can't remember who did it now. It was a spoof news programme or something like that.....It goes something like.....

"Today there was a four car pile up on the motorway, five people were killed, four seriously."

I suppose that's the world we live in today, everything goes so fast that people haven't got time to see what's going on around them.........

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
upon reading the topic title i immediately hear Motorheads song "Killed By Death" in my head ha and i had to find the cd because now i need to listen to it.

most notable line.. "If you squeeze my lizard I'll put my snake on you"

edit on 17-8-2012 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
upon reading the topic title i immediately hear Motorheads song "Killed By Death" in my head ha and i had to find the cd because now i need to listen to it.

most notable line.. "If you squeeze my lizard I'll put my snake on you"

edit on 17-8-2012 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

Yeah, thanks for that n3mesis,

Well at least it put you in the mood for bit of music......Although I do like a few Motorhead tracks, I think it's a slightly bit too early in the morning to have Lemmy in my ear with my cornflakes......Maybe I will look that track up later..........cheers

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Death by Death

Poor guy

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I live in a hick town... but thank God our local news folks aren't that stupid. Killed to death...

My philosophy in cases like this is always either "Blame the MTV" or "Blame public schools"... I'm on the fence here...

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Just the other day I was listening to a radio show, the DJ spoke for a minute or so and then stated what song he was going to play next and the name of the band. Then it went silent the song started, but the song was at the wrong speed and sounded like the Chipmunks cartoon. The song played like this all the way to the end and when the song had finished the DJ came back on, introduced the next song and didn't even mention the mistake with the previous song.

A lot of radio shows nowdays, especially at night, are not done actually live but are prerecorded.
The DJ does ALL the back announcing and other voice work in one hit, and the various songs and adverts are prerecorded and set to go in a certain order.
Then the DJ goes home.

Voice-tracking, also called cyber jocking...
Its more common than you realise.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Mannn that's the worst kind of killed

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wow. That's serious.

I hope I don't get killed before I death.

Super cereal for branefood. ??

You guys are like what??!?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
Death by Death

Poor guy

Sounds more like something from Monty Python...............Sir, you will be put to death by being killed to death....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by davethebear
Just the other day I was listening to a radio show, the DJ spoke for a minute or so and then stated what song he was going to play next and the name of the band. Then it went silent the song started, but the song was at the wrong speed and sounded like the Chipmunks cartoon. The song played like this all the way to the end and when the song had finished the DJ came back on, introduced the next song and didn't even mention the mistake with the previous song.

A lot of radio shows nowdays, especially at night, are not done actually live but are prerecorded.
The DJ does ALL the back announcing and other voice work in one hit, and the various songs and adverts are prerecorded and set to go in a certain order.
Then the DJ goes home.

Voice-tracking, also called cyber jocking...
Its more common than you realise.

Thanks for that.............Today I learn something else new...................but wouldn't they have noticed the track at a faster speed before they edited the music show together?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Mannn that's the worst kind of killed

You're right, there is nothing worse than being killed to death...............the worse case of death I can ever imagine..........

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Isn't that the definition of homocide?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well... it's worse than being killed to migraine or killed to sprained-knee.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Isn't that the definition of homocide?

Now that is something I am not sure of nixie_nox.....................I looked up homocide or homicide, I didn't realise that there are two different ways of spelling it................something else I have learned today.........but as for the term/word homicide, it is not really a word that we use here in the UK, we just tend to use the word murder over here.....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Is it possible to be killed to death?

Well, yeah. I would say it occurs in 100% of non-natural deaths.

Wondering if this was just a Hot Shots film fan, though - one of my favorite lines is from Part Deux, where Sadaam Hussein says "Now I will kill you until you die from it, you Yankee-Doodle dork!!"

If not, it's just funny. I love it when news captions go wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

As redundant as being "mushed to pudding," why do people still watch television? Especially news..

2nd

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here's one from a news cast a few years ago

" crash On 405 freeway, one person killed in critical condition at the hospital now!!"

I was rolling on the floor after I heard that!!

Be safe people

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i realize mistakes are made in all aspects of life but there's tons of people always involved on each part of what they're doing so to let things like this slip by is a pretty big thing but you guy's didn't didn't give the story a chance.. they explained what happened in detail and went on to say.. the man got choked by strangling, cut by stabbing, fell by falling, got a contusion by concussion which lead to being killed by death. his friends by friendship and family by fornication where deeply saddened at the burial by interment. i myself was outraged by outrage.

i do apologize for making light of the situation though so if i offended anyone, i'm remorseful by sorrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Meh...You go to hell you and you die! J/K I always like saying that though.

And this surprises you? Watch this forum, or FB or hundred other sites! Bad spelling, no proper grammar it's all par for the course...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think the real question is, can you be killed without dying ...

But you can easily see the intention to put an extra emotion onto the newsitem here. Normal guys get killed, but this guy ... it was even worse, he got killed to death. And so, the media is trying to create a bias between people who die ... this one just died, but this one ... he died to death.

Obviously, the mass media, thinks the general public is a bunch of morons. And basically, they're probably right ... I mean, they've playing this for decades. Take Iraq as an example, of the 35 or so million that live in Iraq, and the few million or su kurds ... Saddam Hussein killed "millions". I mean, it should have been a noticeable amount of people missing if tenths of percentages of the population was dead. They sure seemed live and kicking, still 35 million, after the US invasion.

So, the mass media is right on the money ... people are stupid enough, to think there is a difference, between getting killed and killed to death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join