It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well now, Mr hypocrisy shows his true colors regarding the stimulus money.

"The Olympics may be over but Paul Ryan could have gotten a gold medal in hypocrisy," a senior administration official told ABC's Jake Tapper. "As someone who spends all day every day railing against government spending, but then secretly seeks millions in funds for pet projects, he is as Washington as it gets."

Atlas shrugged my a**.

In 2009, Ryan wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis asking for stimulus money to cover costs on two energy conservation projects in his home state of Wisconsin. In the letter, Ryan said the funds would help create jobs and reduce "energy consumption" in the state. At least one of the companies received the requested cash.

Seems like Mitt picked a winner. Of stimulus money that is.

"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.

You know about politicians and how you can tell when their lying, right? Something about their lips moving.

What a joke.
edit on 17-8-2012 by ErEhWoN because: doh added link

Write in Ron Paul!! Write in Ron Paul!!
edit on 17-8-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I wish people were this thorough vetting Obama in 2008. Is there a double-standard in politics?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

As pissed as the GOP is with Obama, I'm sure their vetting process went layers deeper than this.

You can't find nothing if theres nothing to find. It just kills them too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Corporate funded candidate adds his corporate funded VP.

How America still doesnt see how high jacked the political system is at this point is beyond me.

The sad thing is, he shouldnt be wrong for requesting the funds, and thats how many right wing people will see it. Instead of just the pure crap hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Keep on vetting. Pretty soon your FEAR CAMPAIGN WILL TURN INTO SMEAR. Look at yourself in the mirror, who's at the helms. The economy sucks and YES, THIS ELECTION WILL BE A REFERENDUM UPON OBAMA.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Nobody likes P. Ryan. Ok.

Does anyone like Mitt Romney? I'm seriously asking the ats crowd if anyone is a supporter. I have no bias what so ever. If you like him, say something.

Next point. People are pissed at Obama. All the promises, no results. I saw it coming back in 2007, the promises. Unless you've lived under a rock your whole life you know the president is under pressure by numerous individuals, corporations and even countries.

It doesn't matter who you vote for. The popularity contest ended decades ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ryan Says Requesting Stimulus Funds Was a Mistake

By TRIP GABRIEL

Representative Paul D. Ryan said on Thursday it was a mistake to have requested funds in 2009 from the federal stimulus bill after voting against it.

Mr. Ryan earlier denied asking for money from the $787 billion stimulus on behalf of companies in his Wisconsin district, contradicting a report by The Boston Globe on Tuesday that he wrote to the federal Energy Department requesting funds for two companies to develop so-called green jobs.

“No, I never asked for stimulus,’’ Mr. Ryan said in an interview with WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, which was broadcast Thursday. Mr. Ryan, along with Mitt Romney, who picked him as his running mate last week, have vociferously denounced the stimulus as an example of President Obama’s failure to restore the economy. The Congressional Budget Office said the stimulus increased employment by 1.3 million to 3.3 million people.

Mr. Ryan said in the television interview that he did not recall writing the letters. Later, his office issued a statement that he had since checked into the letters. “They were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled,’’ he said in the statement. “This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that. Regardless, it’s clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again.’’

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

I think having a politician admit a mistake is even a bigger headline.

Representative Paul D. Ryan said on Thursday it was a mistake to have requested funds in 2009 from the federal stimulus bill after voting against it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Write in Ron Paul!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for finding that.

Checkmate Obama campaign.

People don't like liars.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I will be writing in Ron Paul in November.

To the crowd that says, writing him in will surely make Obama win....

At least I can sleep at night.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It would have been a big headline if he admitted to his 'mistake' when asked about it, instead he took the sleazy politician route and denied, then backtracked when caught in that lie.

Typical Poly (meaning many) Tic (blood sucking animal) ian (Write in Ron Paul!!!!)

Did I mention - Write in Ron Paul!!!

If the question is America, the answer is Ron Paul!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is nothing but a front for Obama to win. Why don't you just be honest and say you like Obama!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Instead of TRYING TO DISTRACT REPUBLICANS, why don't you spend your time wisely and go after liberal pot smokers in the DEMOCRATIC camp. Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

And Obama's not responsible for any of the stimulus passing? He could of vetoed it. This campaign will get nasty.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm voting for Romney/Ryan.

They have the best chance of winning and reversing the disasterous laws Obama has put into place.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Is this just going to be an endless series of Gotcha games to November? I'm still waiting on College records, Financial aid applications, Customs and Immigration forms for return from Indonesia and about a dozen other things about just the basic question of who the man running our nation even IS.....

but of course, Ryan did what he was ELECTED TO DO....(bring some % of the federal give away back to the people who voted him in...since they paid INTO a fair % of it)...so it's Gotcha!

How about BOTH camps drop the petty games and start coughing up real solutions that might seem logical to work, even for us simple folk. Neither side has done it.

HOWEVER... If we want to get into Vice Presidents and Stimulus Fraud and Mismanagement, lets not forget "Sheriff Joe" who was going to be 'on the job' as Obama said in his own words, standing next to 'ol Joe for the first MASSIVE Porkulus bill of the Obama Admin.

I'll put Ryan against 'Sheriff Joe' Biden any day.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

How about BOTH camps drop the petty games and start coughing up real solutions that might seem logical to work, even for us simple folk. Neither side has done it.

Because criminals/liars aren't qualified to solve these problems in the first place, so it's pointless to expect it from them.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Well, you're describing both sides.....and I'm hearing no viable alternative out of the myriad of people who would just sit home, pout in the corner and wish for cheese with their whine on election day.

If anyone has a -viable- alternative that doesn't involve killing people or writing in a name, I am 100% all ears. However, I live here.....and failure or giving up isn't something that can happen.

To simply say 'They're all criminals'... Well.. whatever.. I was at the caucus and I saw how it works. It *CAN* be changed...but the people whining need to be the people registered to outnumber the "Party Bosses" who are running things. If 5:1 isn't working...make it 50:1. Whatever....It CAN work.

"They're all criminals....." ...so why even try, ........as the other half of that, is admitting defeat and failure. I might order some hemlock for those folks. Make it a double?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

The sad thing is, he shouldnt be wrong for requesting the funds, and thats how many right wing people will see it. Instead of just the pure crap hypocrisy.

In the real world he isn't wrong for requesting the funds. He is wrong for lying about it.

Of course in the John Birch Society's Tea Party's World he is wrong for requesting the funds, but not for lying about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He wasn't elected to lie. He should have admitted to his 'mistake' when asked the first few times. Instead, he is caught in a bald faced lie.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

<<   2 >>

join