It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you own taxes you'll go on a NO FLY List...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by chapterhouse

Taxes are, in fact, not voluntary. If this theory were true then you could just walk into a Wal Mart and refuse to pay more than $499.99 for a $499.99 priced purchase. Try if you want - but I can assure you it won't work. They will insist upon adding sales tax.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

~Heff

your missing the imagant part. and in fact by in powering an other enity to collect taxes other than congress with out oversite and empowering them with power to colleect would make it teasoness
especially handing them adminastative power to make there own rules ^^
edit on 17-8-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

not only that the 16th admentment is addressed to the states not an individual good try thou

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
this is positively insane.

Travel abroad, like travel within the country, . . . may be as close to the heart of the individual as the choice of what he eats, or wears, or reads. Freedom of movement is basic in our scheme of values.
and

The U.S. Supreme Court also dealt with the right to travel in the case of Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489 (1999). In that case, Justice John Paul Stevens, writing for the majority, held that the United States Constitution protected three separate aspects of the right to travel among the states: the right to enter one state and leave another, the right to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than a hostile stranger (protected by the "privileges and immunities" clause in Article IV, § 2), and (for those who become permanent residents of a state) the right to be treated equally to native born citizens (this is protected by the 14th Amendment's Citizenship Clause).

link
i refuse to pay taxes and everyone else should to. its and easy way to help fix the system . something that we all can do passively .

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by r2d246

The easiest way to avoid going on the list is to pay your taxes then, is it not?

It is only the tax evaders who will suffer in the long run.

Don't kid yourself. It never is that simple.

For example, look at child support. If you owe more than $2,500 in child support, you can not get a passport and you may not leave the country. Now on the surface, many people applaud such an action. However, let me show you another side.....

I can no longer leave the country due to child support. I had always had my support taken directly out of my paycheck. I never touched the money. One day, out of nowhere, a private company known as "Support Kids" got involved. Without my knowledge, they sent paperwork to my employer's corporate office and began collecting the payments..basically over riding the already existing paperwork which had my support being paid directly to the State. This went on for a total of 3 years before I was aware of it.

Want to guess how I became aware of it? If your guess is that I became aware of it when the Police showed up at my job and arrested me in front of my boss and coworkers for failure to pay support, you guessed right. I didn't go to jail that day, lucky for me it was pay day and my boss went and got my paycheck and showed the Police that my support was indeed being paid every single week.

Turns out this private company, which collected my payments for a period of 3 years, not once reported a single payment to the State. Today, I am still paying back all that money that they collected and because of that situation, I am now behind in my support and can no longer leave the country.

So only tax evaders should worry? Stop being naive. Every year the IRS screws something up and innocent people suffer. This will be no different.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The bill does allow for exceptions in the event of emergency or humanitarian situations or limited return travel to the U.S., or in cases when any tax debt is currently being repaid in a “timely manner” or when collection efforts have been suspended.

However, there does not appear to be any specific language requiring a taxpayer to be charged with tax evasion or any other crime in order to have their passport revoked or limited — only that a notice of lien or levy has been filed by the IRS.

Source

I'll wait to see what the House does with this. Vague laws scare me. Specific laws, at least, allow us to figure out who they are targeting and that educates us ( at least ).

My gut feeling here, to be honest, is that some Ponzi schemer probably climbed onto his private plane or Yacht and made for some non-extradition country with a trunk load of cash... causing some Senator, under local pressure, to try and pass a "band aid feel good" law that ended up being this bizarre little rider here.

Just speculation... We'll see the truth soon enough.

And Mr Wendall - Love Arrested Development and can relate to child support woes. Got into a ridiculous thicket with child support recovery people back in the early nineties. It was like dealing with the Gestapo.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I get the distinct impression many in here have jobs. So you don't quit understand. If you have a job you have nothing to worry about you're fine. Paying taxes is not optional. They get taken immediately before you get paid.

But if you're self employed it's a whole other ball park. You could be paying your taxes exactly as you should. Then eventually you will get audited. And when you do they're guaranteed to try and impose on your a tax penalty. And depending on your business it could easily be in the six figure range, possibly even seven figures. They hand out seven figure penalties like there giving candy to kids. It's nothing to them.

so that's why this thing is so outrageous. Anyone who's self employed is basically USCWAP!
edit on 17-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I get the distinct impression many in here have jobs. So you don't quit understand. If you have a job you have nothing to worry about you're fine. Paying taxes is not optional. They get taken immediately before you get paid.

But if you're self employed it's a whole other ball park. You could be paying your taxes exactly as you should. Then eventually you will get audited. And when you do they're guaranteed to try and impose on your a tax penalty. And depending on your business it could easily be in the six figure range, possibly even seven figures. They hand out seven figure penalties like there giving candy to kids. It's nothing to them.

so that's why this thing is so outrageous. Anyone who's self employed is basically USCWAP!
edit on 17-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Quarterly taxes are collected by states and paid to federal that is a tax law that states agreed to not you and states enforce that. the problem is that states gave that right to inforce business taxes to the irs as well and that was treasoness also. a federal agencany is not supposed to handle state regulated business taxes. starting to not like federal reserve yet they started this cycle?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join