It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you own taxes you'll go on a NO FLY List...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I was listening to Alex Jones today. He said that they're already discussing laws and bills that if passed, would have serious consequences.

For starters if you owe taxes to the fed then you can't leave the country until they're paid. Then later possibly even be put on a no fly list until they are paid.

This might sound crazy but a simple search in google proves this...

no travel article

Your thoughts???

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Why is this crazy? Taxes pay for the roads and public service. If you cheat the system, you are cheating everyone.

They make bond payments for a reason. You wanna be free? Put up some collateral.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The easiest way to avoid going on the list is to pay your taxes then, is it not?

It is only the tax evaders who will suffer in the long run.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In excess of 50K in delinquent taxes...

Senate Bill 1813

(Page 1447)

``SEC. 7345. REVOCATION OR DENIAL OF PASSPORT IN CASE OF CERTAIN TAX
DELINQUENCIES.

``(a) In General.--If the Secretary receives certification by the
Commissioner of Internal Revenue that any individual has a seriously
delinquent tax debt in an amount in excess of $50,000, the Secretary
shall transmit such certification to the Secretary of State for action
with respect to denial, revocation, or limitation of a passport ...

I don't see a problem with this, really. Pay your taxes before you go on vacation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Why would you pay your taxes when you can rant on ATS about the consequences of not paying taxes!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is absolute bull#. I'll be the first one on here to say that travel is a right, not a privilege. An Appeal to Popularity or Authority does not make something right. Taxes are wrong. Why? Because they don't really go to infrastructure, they go to the interest on the debt to the Federal Reserve. But, in a fairy tale world, let's assume that our tax dollars are what the government actually uses to finance it's objectives. Well, I don't agree with how they spend my money. Drones in my country? Militarizing the local police department? Proxy wars in the Middle East? Not on my dime.

Want to defend the income tax? Where's your dog in the fight? Did your Daddy work as a tax agent? Give me a break. Defend something worth defending for a change. Not Police State laws that curtail your right to travel freely as a human living on the planet.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This bill has already passed the Senate. Here is a link to the bill itself.

And here's the wall of text in question:

SEC. 40304. REVOCATION OR DENIAL OF PASSPORT IN CASE OF CERTAIN UNPAID TAXES.

(a) In General- Subchapter D of chapter 75 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new section:

‘SEC. 7345. REVOCATION OR DENIAL OF PASSPORT IN CASE OF CERTAIN TAX DELINQUENCIES.

‘(a) In General- If the Secretary receives certification by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue that any individual has a seriously delinquent tax debt in an amount in excess of $50,000, the Secretary shall transmit such certification to the Secretary of State for action with respect to denial, revocation, or limitation of a passport pursuant to section 4 of the Act entitled ‘An Act to regulate the issue and validity of passports, and for other purposes’, approved July 3, 1926 (22 U.S.C. 211a et seq.), commonly known as the ‘Passport Act of 1926’.

‘(b) Seriously Delinquent Tax Debt- For purposes of this section, the term ‘seriously delinquent tax debt’ means an outstanding debt under this title for which a notice of lien has been filed in public records pursuant to section 6323 or a notice of levy has been filed pursuant to section 6331, except that such term does not include--

‘(1) a debt that is being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement under section 6159 or 7122, and

‘(2) a debt with respect to which collection is suspended because a collection due process hearing under section 6330, or relief under subsection (b), (c), or (f) of section 6015, is requested or pending.

‘(c) Adjustment for Inflation- In the case of a calendar year beginning after 2012, the dollar amount in subsection (a) shall be increased by an amount equal to--

‘(1) such dollar amount, multiplied by

‘(2) the cost-of-living adjustment determined under section 1(f)(3) for the calendar year, determined by substituting ‘calendar year 2011’ for ‘calendar year 1992’ in subparagraph (B) thereof.

If any amount as adjusted under the preceding sentence is not a multiple of $1,000, such amount shall be rounded to the next highest multiple of $1,000.’.

(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for subchapter D of chapter 75 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new item:

‘Sec. 7345. Revocation or denial of passport in case of certain tax delinquencies.’.

(c) Authority for Information Sharing-

(1) IN GENERAL- Subsection (l) of section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

‘(23) DISCLOSURE OF RETURN INFORMATION TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE FOR PURPOSES OF PASSPORT REVOCATION UNDER SECTION 7345-

‘(A) IN GENERAL- The Secretary shall, upon receiving a certification described in section 7345, disclose to the Secretary of State return information with respect to a taxpayer who has a seriously delinquent tax debt described in such section. Such return information shall be limited to--

‘(i) the taxpayer identity information with respect to such taxpayer, and

‘(ii) the amount of such seriously delinquent tax debt.

‘(B) RESTRICTION ON DISCLOSURE- Return information disclosed under subparagraph (A) may be used by officers and employees of the Department of State for the purposes of, and to the extent necessary in, carrying out the requirements of section 4 of the Act entitled ‘An Act to regulate the issue and validity of passports, and for other purposes’, approved July 3, 1926 (22 U.S.C. 211a et seq.), commonly known as the ‘Passport Act of 1926’.’.

(2) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Paragraph (4) of section 6103(p) of such Code is amended by striking ‘or (22)’ each place it appears in subparagraph (F)(ii) and in the matter preceding subparagraph (A) and inserting ‘(22), or (23)’.

(d) Revocation Authorization- The Act entitled ‘An Act to regulate the issue and validity of passports, and for other purposes’, approved July 3, 1926 (22 U.S.C. 211a et seq.), commonly known as the ‘Passport Act of 1926’, is amended by adding at the end the following:

~cont~
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

‘SEC. 4. AUTHORITY TO DENY OR REVOKE PASSPORT.

‘(a) Ineligibility-

‘(1) ISSUANCE- Except as provided under subsection (b), upon receiving a certification described in section 7345 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 from the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of State may not issue a passport or passport card to any individual who has a seriously delinquent tax debt described in such section.

‘(2) REVOCATION- The Secretary of State shall revoke a passport or passport card previously issued to any individual described in subparagraph (A).

‘(b) Exceptions-

‘(1) EMERGENCY AND HUMANITARIAN SITUATIONS- Notwithstanding subsection (a), the Secretary of State may issue a passport or passport card, in emergency circumstances or for humanitarian reasons, to an individual described in subsection (a)(1).

‘(2) LIMITATION FOR RETURN TO UNITED STATES- Notwithstanding subsection (a)(2), the Secretary of State, before revocation, may--

‘(A) limit a previously issued passport or passport card only for return travel to the United States; or

‘(B) issue a limited passport or passport card that only permits return travel to the United States.’.

(e) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall take effect on January 1, 2013.

Source

From what I can gather the language says that you may be denied a passport if you owe more than $50,000.00.

I have mixed feelings here. I love freedom... but that's a whole lot of money to owe the IRS. I'm left wondering if it's not common for the uber wealthy to simply jump ship instead of paying taxes.

~Heff
edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So now our Constitutional freedoms are fixed to a price tag? I see..... The targets have more of something than we do, so their rights don't mean as much? Is that what we're saying??

What happens when the criteria change to "common sense" and conspiracy people come up short on the scale? We could hope the rich would say something but... err... Oh yeah.. They'll have been destroyed first.

It may be a foreign concept to people outside the United States (no pun intended) and this could be why so many are also suddenly calling all forms of nationalism a silly joke to move beyond, but these things are not supposed to be open to negotiation in our nation. The freedom of movement, association and travel is well established and protected.

Unless..... You owe too much...and then your rights are only 2/3rd's the value of a normal man. Hmm... Where have I heard that one before?
edit on 17-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So I guess those that are after Romney to fess up about his tax picture aren't just making a trivial argument. How can we elect an individual to execute law if he was a tax dodger himself. This is just like the birth certificate issue, these may appear to be small issues, but just like mom always said, if you make a small lie, you are willing to make a larger one later.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have mixed feelings here. I love freedom... but that's a whole lot of money to owe the IRS. I'm left wondering if it's not part common for the uber wealthy to simply jump ship instead of paying taxes.

I've got kinda mixed feelings on this as well. I don't want to see anyone denied the ability to travel, but I also don't want to see people skip out on huge debts that they owe.

I think I'll allow it for now.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

well 1st of all if born a natural born citizen taxes are voluntary. second if your a imagrant you have to sign your name to a paper thats says you will pay taxes.

so really who is Alex playing with?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

You're being sarcastic right?

At a time when the nation needs a reliable, respected voice on financial issues at the Treasury Department, is an admitted tax cheat the best we can do [front page, Jan. 14]?

Over several years, Treasury secretary nominee Timothy F. Geithner failed to pay Social Security taxes, even though he was advised by his employer to do so, signed an agreement indicating that he understood that such payments were his responsibility and received extra pay from his employer specifically for that purpose.
Source

Now Romney may have some tax problems, but anyone actually being able to stand on the Obama side and say anything with a straight face is frankly amazing to me. This is the man we still have sitting at Treasury and overseeing a Budget where the 2013 has a 2017 projection of TWENTY TRILLION in debt. Those are game over numbers....and that Tax Cheat is running the program.

Romney hasn't even been proven guilty of anything.... There is a saying about throwing rocks and glass houses....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

Taxes are, in fact, not voluntary. If this theory were true then you could just walk into a Wal Mart and refuse to pay more than $499.99 for a $499.99 priced purchase. Try if you want - but I can assure you it won't work. They will insist upon adding sales tax.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by r2d246

The easiest way to avoid going on the list is to pay your taxes then, is it not?

It is only the tax evaders who will suffer in the long run.

If taxes were 90% would you say the same thing? Is it our right to pay taxes? Did god tell us to? Just wondering

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by franklin555

This is absolute bull#. I'll be the first one on here to say that travel is a right, not a privilege.

Maybe so, but there are various means of transportation. So just pick any of the many cheaper & easier ways to do so, instead of the most expensive ride.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Too true. There are many ways to travel across the border. I just hope that we never need to show our papers to cross state lines.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Taxes are, in fact, not voluntary. If this theory were true then you could just walk into a Wal Mart and refuse to pay more than $499.99 for a $499.99 priced purchase. Try if you want - but I can assure you it won't work. They will insist upon adding sales tax.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

~Heff

federal income taxes not sales taxes or income taxes from a state just declaring your a resident of a state requies you to pay state taxes

have to realize most taxes and fees are creatated from adminastrations not congress or senate

edit on 17-8-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I simply covered the Federal laws because state laws vary. Sales taxes can vary by county or parish.

The Wal Mart example was simply an easy picture to paint.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I simply covered the Federal laws because state laws vary. Sales taxes can vary by county or parish.

The Wal Mart example was simply an easy picture to paint.

~Heff

i replied im speaking of federal taxes and you are correct those taxes do apply the are soveriane by state to state

top topics

<<   2 >>

join