It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY little Pony...Innocent show? Or left wing conspiracy to feminize men?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

You know I'm almost done with the second episode, and I actually think the show is pretty great for kids. It's engaging, so far has actually been highlighting positive morals and minus the lack of any dude that isn't a slave so far seems pretty innocent.

That being said, still creeped out by grown men that take their fandom past just enjoying the show. Clop clop clop. Lold hard, the dragon just said it didn't want anything to do with girly froo froo nonsense. Episode three guys!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I well remember your gun discussions

What do you mean by the price tag comment?

It's all about the money. TV, games etc. are now primarily devised to sell toys. Hasbro are one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world. They don't care who buys their things, whether it's a 9-year-old girl or a 39-year-old man, as long as someone is buying them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by domasio

There's a huge difference between feminine and flat out childish. I think some people are confusing the two.

Yeah, I agree. As I said above, if there's an argument about 'social engineering' at all (and I don't think there is, at least in an 'orchestrated conspiracy to create certain types of people' sense) then it would be about infantilising adults rather than feminising men.

'Feminising' comes pre-loaded with handy socio-political nuances.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Ah okay I see what you're saying and doubt I could muster a counter-argument (not that I want to as I agree).

But that is it' own piece of the pie and could be extended to television shows in general, especially children/animated shows (toy production). Which you said. I get that. Still doesn't negate it being a rocking kids show compared to the other horrible shows I am forced to watch with my brothers and sisters. I guess watching it is contributing to the machine, but pick your battles right?

edit on 18-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Lold hard, the dragon just said it didn't want anything to do with girly froo froo nonsense.

How appropriate!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Finished. No desire to watch more. Didn't hate as much as I anticipated. Better than a lot of other crap I've seen. Still like the womenz, still not liberal. Still think bronies are weirdos. I hope the baby dragon is just biding his time until he's big enough to eat all those femfillies.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The transformers cartoon was made to sell toys.

To understand Transformers fiction, it is important to understand that it exists to sell toys. Hasbro and TakaraTomy are toy companies, and they are primarily interested in continuing to sell toys to children and adults. The cartoons, comic books, etc., mostly exist to make this happen. To be sure, they normally make a profit in their own right, but this is regarded as mere gravy.

tfwiki.net...

Damn lefties creating media to sell products to innocent children.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Ah okay I see what you're saying and doubt I could muster a counter-argument (not that I want to as I agree).

But that is it' own piece of the pie and could be extended to television shows in general, especially children/animated shows (toy production). Which you said. I get that. Still doesn't negate it being a rocking kids show compared to the other horrible shows I am forced to watch with my brothers and sisters. I guess watching it is contributing to the machine, but pick your battles right?

edit on 18-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Don't misunderstand me. I've no beef with any of this, even if it's not my particular bag; as I mentioned earlier I'm a 44-year-old man who reads an obscene amount of comics. I'm just trying to put a rational slant on it rather than 'a conspiracy to create a society of men who act like girls'. As with the best conspiracies, 'money' is at the bottom of it rather than anything else.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I support My Little Pony. I have never seen it, but I'll be damned if i can tell you its wrong.

Bro-hoof

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Maybe in this world were men are pushed and pushed all the time they just need something that is simple and nice to help bring so joy back to there lives. Perhaps people should just stop seeing what is not there and just let people live

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

WHY SO SERIOUS? lol. Im reading this thread and i am dying of laughter. yes i have seen soem things on rule 34 before. Try golden girls rose doing something very nasty to a guy for example. After seeing so many opinions i am thinking. I dont have a problem with men in general watching this show. Its the people who are going out there and taking things way to far. they just seem off to me ya know? And its not just My Little Pony. The infiltration of the metro sexual into our way of life. Guys getting manicures and pedicures? What going on man?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Voting With Effete

Originally posted by yuppa
The infiltration of the metro sexual into our way of life. Guys getting manicures and pedicures? What going on man?

Pony fan that I am, I also find the whole "metrosexual" thing a bit off-putting. Pretty much the diametrical opposite of my own dress code, to understate things somewhat.

But such male fashion sense is hardly unprecedented, and if a guy wants to spray Acqua di Parma on himself or kick back in a mud bath with cucumber slices over his eyes, I figure that's his business, and I won't knock it. Much.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go help the guys down at the sports bar get the burgers, beer and hot wings lined up for tonight's Twilight Sparkle marathon on the big screen.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Cosmic911

Glad you took your time to post that. If you're too good to post here then don't.

Clearly, as you can read, I posted that.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good Riddance! Men need to be a bit more feminine, maybe they'll learn to put aside the ego and the arrogance. Maybe they'll actually be attracted to the mind rather than just the body. If everyone were more feminine - more kind and gentle - maybe the world would be a kinder place to live in.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
This is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have seen on this website.

The "Male attitude" that you claim naturally exists was engineered by society. It's nothing more than a gender role. If a guy wants to watch a show about frolicking ponies, there shouldn't be an attack on his "manliness". Rather, I think we need to question why we automatically think a guy liking things that were designed only for "girls" is such a horrible thing.

Well that may be true,but the extremes some of these fans go to is just weird. this thread isnt about manliness so to speak. Its about a observation i have personally seen at times. MLP is just one facet of it. It seems so many shows these days are slipping subliminal clues into their programming. Is it part of a master plan by TPTB to weaken male egos to make them easier to manipulate? Could it be a feminist plot? Who really knows. Mayby i should just lay off the caffiene LOL.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have a brony in a class of mine and he is way too obsessive about the flipping show. I think if you're going to claim that MLP has some subliminal cues in it, then you need to include all of the crappy anime that they show on television.

If it was a feminist plot, MLP wouldn't be about happy little ponies, it would be about men wearing makeup or something like that. Besides, we all know there's no such thing as equal rights in the United States. True feminism to too radical of a concept to have if you live there.

I haven't watched the show because it looks very stupid to me, but what kind of subliminal cues do you think are in there?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

Its the whole package. The entire show is the issue when dealing with the super freaks. MOst though do not even catch the pony fever though. But the ones that do...are just weird.

As long as they are not hurting anyone i guess its ok though.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Well, I never heard that term, but it would not surprise me. A LOT of shows these days (many prime time for adults) are made to make women the strong, capable ones, and men to be weak, foolish, etc. I have been seeing that for a long time now. Tons of sitcoms have such character portrayals, and even some movies. The Jurassic Park ones are a great example. The children's characters, in the books, were balanced, both male and female, but in the movies (the two based off the books), the male character in the first is made to be nothing more than a joke, and in the second, he's eliminated entirely.

I don't think the younger kids here have really watched the show much, though the girls have had a few toy ponies (because they are cute and colorful). My oldest did a bit, and the show was a little creepy even way back then. From your post, i am guessing the new version is worse?

It's interesting, though......in a book by a popular Christian author, a pony plays a rather sinister role....

Do you have examples from the show of things they might do to influence any boys that watch? Or is this based on the way the male fans act? Now I am curious!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio
I've got to ask, why does it matter even if it's true? What have you got against men becoming more feminine? It's much better than machismo bull if you ask me, and i'm pretty sure their girlfriends/wives appreciate a man more in touch with his feminine side...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Personally, as one married for nearly twenty years now, I do NOT want a feminine man. I want a man that acts like a man, not like me! Men can be caring, and compassionate, etc without being feminine. We are supposed to balance one another out, not become the same.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Seriously My Little Pony is still going? I thought it died a death when I was a young teenager.
Blimey!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

It's not similar to any older My Little Pony shows. It's new and comes from the mind behind Power Puff Girls.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join