It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY little Pony...Innocent show? Or left wing conspiracy to feminize men?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Bro...I need to crawl back to the 20th century!

Good on you and all that but, I no likey what i see?????

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Some of the people in this thread I swear..

So as a creepy feminine guy with a mental condition (apparently) I have watched and enjoyed this show (haven't seen the whole season yet). It's quite good.

Let's get something straight. It's not all my little ponies. It's only the new show 'Friendship is Magic'. There is a difference

I heard this same crap about guys watching Power Puff Girls too.

Bite me.

The show is well made and is funny. There is a lot of subtle adult humor, whether intentional or not, it's there and it's quite humorous. Also there is an awesome fan made parody show where people dub over the episodes... very funny.

I happen to watch this with younger kids as my family runs a carehome for children. I look forward to this show. Whereas other shows like the Wiggles makes me wish I was deaf.

So yeah. Whatever. Bite me

edit on 18-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For people that have already seen FiM. Here is the parody Friendship is Witchcraft. How they change Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy is great.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
since we are talking of old school cartoons, the best ever "duckman", not darkwingduck, not ducktales but duckman, i used to have to sneak out of bead at night to go watch it on late night usa network, funny and dark as hell,

also i dont think that others should be told how to raise there kids here on ats so to those out there trying to give parenting advice save it for you own kids, and if you dont have kids u don't know what ur talking about.

also there are plenty more things going on to feminize men than a cartoon, why men are being feminized i don't know, but its working,

also to say that gender roles were created, speak bulstien, men are different than women always have been, always will be, both have strengths and weaknesses. and those that try to fight that are just instigators looking for a purpose in life, with a world of less and less purpose.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm 25 and if I saw a guy my age watching this I would be curious as to why. Sure, it could be funny...but there has to be better things for mid-twenty and older things on TV for them to be watching. I'm in no way saying they shouldn't...people can do whatever they want. But seriously, one can learn all the same morals from things that are not mean't for tiny girls.

To each his own though, keep rocking like a pony.

...like a pony....

like a pony.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Sure, it could be funny...but there has to be better things for mid-twenty and older things on TV for them to be watching.

'Could be' as in you haven't seen it. Ugh @ people that judge shows they haven't seen,

I really don't get your point though? What makes you think that mid-twenty year old isn't watching additional television programs....

But seriously, one can learn all the same morals from things that are not mean't for tiny girls.

You think adults are watching this show to learn about morality

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is important subject matter. I can't believe I've been distracted by record-high unemployment rates, increasing taxes, two wars, a crumbling republic, failing school districts, criminal politicians, national debt in the trillions, broken healthcare, and disappearing manufacturing. I'm glad the OP has redirected my fears and anxieties back to the important issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Glad you took your time to post that. If you're too good to post here then don't.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I have two friends that watch this garbage all the time, they think it's hilarious...I however, cannot see the humor at all. As far as the moral aspect it was brought up a few pages back, so go harsh on that person. Enjoy your ponies bud!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
so go harsh on that person.

Just asked a simple question. I don't see the harshness.

Enjoy your ponies bud!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
This is important subject matter. I can't believe I've been distracted by record-high unemployment rates, increasing taxes, two wars, a crumbling republic, failing school districts, criminal politicians, national debt in the trillions, broken healthcare, and disappearing manufacturing. I'm glad the OP has redirected my fears and anxieties back to the important issues.

Please tell me that you haven't laughed lately either... because the good Lord knows with the whole world going to hell in a hand basket that you can not possibly have taken a moment to enjoy anything.

Doesn't make sense? Neither does your post.

It doesn't always have to be doom and gloom. There are still other things happening besides what you've listed. Slow down for a minute and take in the sights, smells, beauty, and people around you. It's a healthy thing to do. We would all go nutters if we did nothing else but worry and get angry.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
OK I just sat here and watched 3 hours of My Little Pony.

I don't feel less manly.

Did I do it wrong????

~Heff

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK I just sat here and watched 3 hours of My Little Pony.

I don't feel less manly.

Did I do it wrong????

~Heff

Where is your dedication man?? Of course you did it wrong. You clipped where you should have clopped.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Nevermind

Not the right thread for what I have to say.

edit on 18-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I wonder how you grew up to have such a fallacious generalization of an entire nation.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Oh relax. I took it back.

Even though I think your last few admissions are pretty creepy.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Considering what else you apparently believe that doesn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Well, at least it's adult things.

I can't believe what I just stumbled upon. Grown men obsessing over their favorite lil cartoons and arguing about it ? My GOD what in the heck is going on ? No wonder. This explains so much going on with society. Then you have Paul Ryan needing his Mommie to join him on the campaign trail...it all make sense now.

UGGGG

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
All right I'm watching it. WTF is Spike? Looks like a dragon not a pony. Explain nerds. I'm going for 3 episodes. Test of manliness. Of course freaking Netflix has this.

-Tootles (oh F#$@ it's happening)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
Grown men obsessing

Obsessing?

over their favorite lil cartoons and arguing about it ?

This is a thread about it in a discussion forum.

My GOD what in the heck is going on ? No wonder. This explains so much going on with society.

Go ahead elaborate what's wrong. Maybe we will get another gem like the one you deleted.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join