It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just A Thought,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
wasnt there a man who invented a light bulb that lasted forever, and another man who invented the electric car that lasted for two hours of non stop driving, but they were paid off to not bring their ideas forward?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
no one has any information on this topic?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If I remember right, there is a light burning in a firestation, that has been burning for 50+ years, can't really remember, The car...I don't think it was electric but rather it an extremely efficeint gas model, Can't remember the guys name but I think he misteriously dissappeared.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks K_OS

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I believe that the very first lightbulbs are still burning today... or at least for a considerable period of time.

ill try to find some info though...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
From what I was told the guy who came up with this new light bulb that lasted for a long time was paid of by the government and by the people who make the light bulb...but if you could get me a link Ripley that would help

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here is a link to a CNN story about the bulb, it has been burning since 1901, The CNN article is from 1997. It'll take me a while to find the car.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by K_OS]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I rember something about the car one that used water molecules to run or sumfin like that... Didnt require and oil of fuel stuff, it was a great idea but it wasnt suported from big fuel companys and car companies because of the oil industry. If i remember correctly they did make a couple at a very high price that no one wanted n the project was put away... not sure if this is 100% correct but i remember reading about it somewhere along the line, think it had a max of 90 km ?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Do you think you could find me a link??? It would really help.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Somewhere I believe in San Jose, there is a fire department that has a light bulb of 4 watts.

It is bright enough for all the use they need, and has been running for 114 years.

The only problem is the company that sold those light bulbs, went out of business LONG ago.

Like 104 years ago I believe.

I'm sure you can make yourself a 4 watt bulb if you want, or get some kind of "power switch" that only allows the equivalent of 4 watts of power into your light bulb.

It's like having those pretty dimmers and just leaving it on a really low setting.

You could see around perfectly but reading would be a strain

Oh I see K_OS already mentioned a long lasting light bulb lol...well I'm not sure the exact year but it was at the turn of the century, mabye the bulb was 104years old...because the light bulb came out what...1898 or something like that?

Ugh me and my skim reading...1901, ok so that's 102 years

I knew it was up there...it is the 4watter right? or .4 watter?
lol

Ok as for the "water powered car" it's actually powered off of hydrogen, you just get it from water, but you must put in as much energy as you'll get out in an "ideal" situation so at most you break even.

Because you can never have that "ideal" situation Hydrogen only makes a great fuel, not energy source.

We still rely on nature as an energy source.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
wasnt there a man who invented a light bulb that lasted forever, and another man who invented the electric car that lasted for two hours of non stop driving, but they were paid off to not bring their ideas forward?

Both are urban legends.

In the first place, it hasn't been "forever" since lightbulbs were invented. And the long-burning ones are great curiosities and there have been efforts to duplicate them.

Electric cars already can run several hours nonstop. Tales of "super efficient cars" generally trace back to one urban legend about a Canadian inventor... who was actually a scammer. The product never did as advertised -- we did an expose on that one recently.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
power alternatives, that have had the patents purchased by subsideries of various petroleum companies... Some will say this is bull....but if you dig deep enough, and follow the money, you'll see it... Most believe that Nikola Tesla developed a method of Free Energy...but his belongings were seized upon his death by the government (as he worked on some sensitive projects...)

The lightbulbs that last a long time are low wattage, so they don't burn out... They provide little light, requiring more to illuminate an area...

new topics

top topics

join