It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one have any information about my dad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by XeroOne

How did you find this? I guess I haven't been using the right words in google.

Google the name. It's a pretty close match, I reckon.

If he was a spy, he would have told nobody about it, wouldn't have breathed a word about his work. My guess is he got hold of stock during his job and was running his own little business on the side, hence the PO Box.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
Dude, I know the guy's name. The bread tuck and the CIA claim gave it away.

His name was Walter Mittie.

That is all.

The guy in New York might have been called a Walter Mitty which is a fictional character used to describe people who pretend to be war heroes, spies, etc... and turn out to be no bodies. But I don't think that was his real name. There are quite a few Walter Mittys here on ATS. I am wondering if there is a real one out there who has any useful info.

My dad never claimed to be in the military or anything like that. He drove a bread truck, did a few odd jobs and worked for the paper company until the day he died.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You say he drove a bread truck but also workded for a paper company. Could it be he was moving money? He told you only 2 types of people have post office boxes, spies and criminals. I'm not trying to be a smart a.., but both bread and paper is slang for money.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Dude, I know the guy's name. The bread tuck and the CIA claim gave it away.

His name was Walter Mittie.

That is all.

The guy in New York might have been called a Walter Mitty which is a fictional character used to describe people who pretend to be war heroes, spies, etc... and turn out to be no bodies. But I don't think that was his real name. There are quite a few Walter Mittys here on ATS. I am wondering if there is a real one out there who has any useful info.

Never, ever ask a walt for info on this kind of subject. It will be 99% BS, which is how they (always) eventually get caught out. Your best bet is to research tradecraft, espionage, Cold War history, etc. etc.

My guess is your dad was selling surplus on the side, and that straggly-haired bloke was a business partner of some sort. My own dad (along with most the neighbourhood) ran a few scams like that in the 80s.
edit on 16-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by XeroOne

Google the name. It's a pretty close match, I reckon.

If he was a spy, he would have told nobody about it, wouldn't have breathed a word about his work. My guess is he got hold of stock during his job and was running his own little business on the side, hence the PO Box.

My dad never claimed to be a spy. He just made that one comment about P.O. Boxes when I was very little and it stuck with me. As far as selling stock on the side.. I don't think so. We would have lived a much better lifestyle. We lived in a modest house. He drove modest vehicles. Everything about him was absolutely average.

link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Ok, if you are really serious about this and you want help, could you u2u me either his name or his fathers. I am pretty handy at hunting people down. If he has any military records I can probably sniff them out.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

But the interesting thing I find is that this Walt was going around claiming to be this SPY but turned out to drive a bread truck. My dad was the exact opposite. He claimed to drive a bread truck... seemed absolutely normal except for traveling all over the place... And only made one comment about spies when I was a five year old. Even to the day he died I am sure he didn't think I would ever remember that.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Ok, if you are really serious about this and you want help, could you u2u me either his name or his fathers. I am pretty handy at hunting people down. If he has any military records I can probably sniff them out.

I second that. Part of my job (entirely legit, of course).

But the interesting thing I find is that this Walt was going around claiming to be this SPY but turned out to drive a bread truck. My dad was the exact opposite. He claimed to drive a bread truck...

But didn't you say another person mentioned he worked for the CIA? Somebody must have told him something.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

People have P.O. Boxes for a myriad of reasons!

I have one for my family business!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by XeroOne

ETA - never mind I see it is a nickname given to certain type of people.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Oh, I was about to ask if that was indeed your dad's name!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

He doesn't have any kind of military records. I am positive of that. He was never in the military. He was born in 1950. Never was drafted. When I wanted to go into the army when I finished high school he was completely against it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

I was talking about some guy who I believe was from new york and comparing him to my father. The guy in new york claimed to work for the CIA but in reality drove a bread truck. The only interesting thing my dad ever claimed he did was drive a bread truck. Except for the insinuation he made at the post office that one time.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Could you find out if there were any paper companies or other companies used as false covers for CIA types?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pepeluacho

People have P.O. Boxes for a myriad of reasons!

I have one for my family business!

You are correct. I am not really sure why he had it. He never really seemed to be hiding. He knew everyone in town and everyone knew him. He wouldn't be hard to find. But the comment he made about having the P.O. Box kind of stuck with me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Warning!

Danger Will Robinson!

I think this is the NSA sending messages to each other using code.

Or one of the alphabet agencies anyhoo.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyholes
You say he drove a bread truck but also workded for a paper company. Could it be he was moving money? He told you only 2 types of people have post office boxes, spies and criminals. I'm not trying to be a smart a.., but both bread and paper is slang for money.

He didn't do both at the same time. I think he drove the bread truck before he was born in the 70s. He started at the paper company in the mid 80s.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Warning!

Danger Will Robinson!

NSA, ISA, CIA, , notice how they all end in A? Oh yeah they are all agencies... That probably explains it..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Warning!

Danger Will Robinson!

NSA, ISA, CIA, , notice how they all end in A? Oh yeah they are all agencies... That probably explains it..

Or 'Assortments'. Sounds more menacing: the National Security Assortment

'The Assortment' sounds like a good movie title also.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You forgot the BATF and HS.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I will dig around for you. I am going to have to move to the computer, so I may not get back to you until tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join