It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one have any information about my dad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My wife is on me to post something interesting on here. So I guess I will humor her... Maybe this is pure fiction maybe not. Maybe I am just fishing for info. I could write about myself, which I am sure many here would find very interesting. But for tonight I will talk about my dad. He passed away a few years ago. There are a lot of things about him I suspect but nothing really adds up.

I guess I will start with one of my earliest memories. Well I have earlier memories but this one really stands out. I was maybe five. So it would probably have been the early 80s. I went with my dad to the Post Office. We had a mailbox. All of my friends had mailboxes too. They all got their mail delivered right to their homes. Our mailbox was always empty. We had something called a P.O. Box. As we stood in the post office lobby I asked my dad why we didn't get our mail at home... Why did we have a "P.O." Box? Everyone else got their mail at home. His response was "only two kinds of people have P.O. Boxes criminals and spies." So I guess that is where I start. We lived in a mid sized town in New England. It wasn't much of a hub for organized crime. Also that was the only time my dad ever mentioned anything about either subject. But many interesting things have happened since then.
edit on 16-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: because

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So what do you think your dad was a spy or criminal? Also you should tell more of the things that happend sounds instresting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Let me get this right.

You are asking for information on your Dad.... a unnamed man who lived in an unnamed town in New England between unspecified dates?

What are you asking?????

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You start something like this you gotta name names ,dates and anything else.
Sure you want to travel down that rabbit hole?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Oh, man. What you don't know who it is? It's the PO Box that gives it all away! Think, the PO Box! ROFL

P

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Did you ever think, your Dad was just saying something like that to you because you were a kid?

Not much info to go on here. Did he lead a mysterious life. Take a lot of trips you didn't know where or why.

We need more info from you...

Des

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
And here I was about to offer my help on ancestry. Hmmmm......gonna need a little more to go on than that.

What are you asking from us exactly?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Yes, you definitely need to give specific info concerning your matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I will give more information. But there is a lot to sort through. I also hope to get information. I am not going to give names or locations for personal reasons. My dad always used to talk about when he worked driving a bread truck. He would drive around MA, NH and NY delivering bread. This was supposedly before I was born. I never thought much about this. He used to know every road. I remember being "tortured" as a kid whenever we would drive anywhere. He would always take these "shortcuts" or "detours" that would last for hours. A thirty minute drive to the store would end up taking hours. I never really thought about my dad's bread truck stories until a few years ago. I was driving with my Boss to a meeting. He was telling me a story about this guy from New York who always claimed to be an ex-CIA spy. I think it was in a news article he had read. This guy had everyone convinced he was the real deal. Then he said that it turned out that the guy had never been a CIA spook and in reality all he ever did was drive a "Bread Truck" for a living. All I could think about was all of my dad's "bread truck" stories. It really got me thinking. Any one ever heard about a guy in New York who claimed to be a spy but ended up being a bread truck driver?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Did you ever think, your Dad was just saying something like that to you because you were a kid?

Not much info to go on here. Did he lead a mysterious life. Take a lot of trips you didn't know where or why.

We need more info from you...

Des

Things were pretty normal until maybe the late 80s. After that he was always off somewhere for months on end. England was the usual spot. Italy as well. He was always traveling back and forth to the two. At least that is what he said. He would always bring me back coins from different European countries. He was always complaining about the food in England. He loved Italian food. He would always complain how Olive Garden's breadsticks were not right. He would make his own. I always thought they were hard as rock when he made them. When not in England or Italy he would be away in New York. He went to Chicago a lot. Atlanta as well. North Carolina... He was always traveling. Which was very weird. He worked for a company that made paper products.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That sounds like a man with a job in sales.....paper company, makes sense...

Des

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When he was home we would always have these weird guests. There was this guy from England who was working for his company. He was training here. He kind of looked like a scruffy older version of Russel Brand, long black hair, skinny, scruffy beard. From the conversations I overheard he had two Masters Degrees in Engineering. My dad had to drive him around because he had destroyed five rental cars the previous week and they wouldn't give him any more cars.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just for the record my mother uses a PO box even though she has an address. I honestly don't know why she does it but I can guarantee you that she is neither spy nor criminal - just your typical crotchity, evil old woman.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

That sounds like a man with a job in sales.....paper company, makes sense...

Des

He definitely wasn't in sales. I am positive of that. He wasn't a salesman. Plus the kind of paper products the company made sold themselves. He always called them nonwoven fabrics. They made stuff that was used in filters for tanks. He always said his company invented Kevlar. I had a bunch of Kevlar blankets from one of the plants in my basement. When he was home the phone would always ring late at night. It was always something wrong and he had to go fix it. If there were no late night calls he would be up at four, out the door by five and home after eight.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just for the record my mother uses a PO box even though she has an address. I honestly don't know why she does it but I can guarantee you that she is neither spy nor criminal - just your typical crotchity, evil old woman.

~Heff

Maybe she is a spy but is so good at it you don't know. Or maybe she is part of the NWO.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Just remember this: If you don't know much about your father's job in the past is for a clear and specific reasons, because otherwise your father will be proud to tell you all about it about what his specific job was at the time or could of been to protect you for whatever reason. Yes you can dig and find out but you might not like it.
Just a simple observation.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Like I said he definitely wasn't a salesman. Whenever someone asked him what he did he always ended up talking about bar coding. Maybe I should have paid more attention but it was the kind of topic that would put you to sleep immediately. Based upon what I saw when I visited the plant that was closest to us I really can't figure out how bar coding fit into things.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dude, I know the guy's name. The bread tuck and the CIA claim gave it away.

His name was Walter Mittie.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

How did you find this? I guess I haven't been using the right words in google.

ETA - never mind I see it is a nickname given to certain type of people.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Maybe she is a spy but is so good at it you don't know. Or maybe she is part of the NWO.

I use a PO Box...I'm a spy.....

I don't think a PO Box has any special meaning. Maybe he liked going to the post office. I live in a very rural area, I have one because the yahoos get drunk and play baseball with roadside mail boxes, with baseball bats from the back of pickup trucks.

Des

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join