It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Underground Chamber Pumapunku

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by SLAYER69

S&F as always..

this is a huge find~! This site in-particular is the single most site that peeked my interest in AA theory, (still not even on the fence they created us)

I watched the documentary where the engineer used his measuring tool(s) to determine the exactness of the angles of the stone.. and it still stumps me to this day.

Yes I think that is the video with Childress and Christoper Dunn one intriguing video I think.

Good luck to the diggers, hope they have more luck getting to their objective as Edgar Cayce's box theory under neath the spinks. Which was detected but not dug up.

edit on 17-8-2012 by thetiler because: I put it in the quote lines by mistake

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sooo...... Even if this turns out to be fake, the article from 2002 claims they found underground walls. I am on my phone and can't dig further yet, but still interesting anyhow.

Thank you L.A. for your honesty. Still a good thread even if the OP proves fake.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
we've had ground penetrating technology for some time now. i'm not sure why archaeologists having been using this technology since it's inception. it's kind of a no brainer that tunnels or something underground is at most ancient sites. come on scientists - use your heads

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ancient alien spacecraft.

If one is to found, this would the place,

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm excited to know what is in this chamber.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
One more thing

This means a whole new episode about Pumapunku in ancient aliens comming soon

Bring the aliens Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Fake or Not I really enjoyed reading this thread and who no's maybe it's true?

looking forward to more info on this and on the Baltic Sea Anomaly anyone with more info on this? long time no news?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why must everything be a tomb?!!?

Why can't it be a storage room - for mops and things like that. Surely they cleaned their buildings? Or did they move when it got to dusty??

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri

Why can't it be a storage room - for mops and things like that. Surely they cleaned their buildings? Or did they move when it got to dusty??

This has been the fall back for archaeologists for some time.
If they don't know what it is or what it's purpose is, then it must be a tomb.

The presupposition of such an idea where there is no evidence at all to point to such a thing is
poor science at best and perhaps deliberately misleading.

e.g. the great pyramid.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well there's the possibility that this story is fake. But what is making people jump to the conclusion that it's got to be some sort of tomb or secret chamber of knowledge.

Cause this chamber is still pretty small. 5 feet by 12 feet. and it's only located 4 feet below the ground. If they were trying to hide some sacred artifact or tomb putting it 4 feet underground would not be the way they would do it.

Ever thought if this thing is real that its just a storage room for just about anything they didn't want to spoil too quickly. Like grain. maybe some medicines( like a storage room for an apothecary) A place to store fabrics so they wouldn't rot. THe chamber could have been used for lots of reasons. just saying before anyone goes off the handle and thinks the ark of the zeti/orion covenant is in there or something.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You'll end up with more questions from Pumapunku than you will get answers for. Those blocks are made out of Diurite, nothing less than diamond cutting tools or lasers could have cut those blocks. I'm not going to say aliens built that, we don't know what kind of technology the ancients had, and there are ooparts indicating that the modern day mankind was not the only advanced civilzation mankind ever had. Pumapunku may be an Antediluvian settlement.

Star..

agreed on the Durite, opens up even more questions, which completely boggles my mind but, it gave me deeper insight to the fitting of the pieces together in my theory of massive ancient sites.

Pumapunku may be an Antediluvian settlement.

and this leaves a question in my mind as well... just how long was the period between Gen 6-Gen7:9?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think the prospect of uncovering a portion of this site that has remained relatively un-touch for potentially thousands of years is quite exciting.

This room could have been protected from the elements, scavenging locals and what ever else that may comprise the original site.

I would agree with those who already pointed out that if something definitive in nature was to be found, chances are good that it would be located within this sealed room.

Who knows. Exciting none the less.
edit on 17-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I saw this site mentioned on a show, possibly ancient aliens and they said the area was destroyed by a flood.

Has anyone else seen this?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You'll end up with more questions from Pumapunku than you will get answers for. Those blocks are made out of Diurite, nothing less than diamond cutting tools or lasers could have cut those blocks.

There is little diorite at Pumapunku, if any. There is some andesite but most of the stones are red sandstone.
Why do you say nothing but diamonds or lasers could cut diorite? Because Ancient Aliens said so?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The complex is made of red sandstone and andesite. You can find examples of andesite carving/building from many different cultures around the pacific.

Here is a fine example from Indonesia....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/574b7d94e390.jpg[/atsimg]
Scientists Find Underground Chamber Pumapunku

A team of archaeologists using ground penetrating radar have found an underground chamber that could finally answer some of the mysteries of Pumapunku.

Using ground penetrating radar, a team of archaeologists have discovered a large underground anomaly that is only 60 feet from the Pumapunku foundation. The team believes that the anomaly is a man-made chamber versus a natural one and is the only one detected so far from the radar scans. Head archaeologist Domingo Mendoza stated that the team is convinced the chamber is most likely a tomb but there is no direct proof of this just yet.

In a statement to a local newspaper, head archaeologist Dr. Mendoza gave the following details of the discovery:

1. The anomaly found is approximately four feet underground and then goes to depth of 10-11 feet. (thereby making the height of the chamber 6-7 feet)

2. The chamber is approximately 12 feet in length and 5 feet in width and appears to be mostly empty.

3. The chamber appears to have steps leading into it but it does appear to have been filled in with something. (the team thinks rocks and loose soil were thrown in to block access to it)

4. The chamber does not have ground entrances to it and the very top of the chamber is 4 feet beneath the current ground level. (the team thinks the chamber was dugout and then purposely buried)

5. There appears to be something quite large at the end of the chamber that the team thinks could be a sarcophagus.

LightAssassin sent me this link and I thought many here would appreciate this story. Seems like a site that has been gone over many times and horribly reconstructed by the Government is about to give up a new discovery. One could only image what if anything they'll find. I wrote a thread on the site and the controversy surrounding its age.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery..., Well worth the time to read if you're interested in a little background info.

I hope they take all proper precautions to secure the location and any artifacts they may find. I'll try to keep on top of this story and follow up as more becomes available.

As always....

Stay tuned.

edit on 16-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for this thread!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Intriguing to say the least

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by Elentarri

Why can't it be a storage room - for mops and things like that. Surely they cleaned their buildings? Or did they move when it got too dusty??

This has been the fall back for archaeologists for some time.
If they don't know what it is or what it's purpose is, then it must be a tomb.

The presupposition of such an idea where there is no evidence at all to point to such a thing is
poor science at best and perhaps deliberately misleading.

e.g. the great pyramid.

I know
And then they are too stuck in their "official story" to change their opinions on the matter when they are proved wrong. It's very irritating.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
we've had ground penetrating technology for some time now. i'm not sure why archaeologists having been using this technology since it's inception. it's kind of a no brainer that tunnels or something underground is at most ancient sites. come on scientists - use your heads

I can only guess by watching Discovery and History channel shows like everyone else, but I'm thinking the GPR is much more complex to actually make useful than it sounds.

I know I watched them use it on a simple 'Unsolved Mysteries' episode in Griffith Park, looking for some buried treasure that legend had was up there somewhere. I was amazed at the time, effort and precision it took for the cross section images to make any sense in their grid work. That was on flat, level and natural ground with well known depths and density of the ground layers.

How would that work, trying to grid search through a developed and built facility already sitting on the site? Obviously they manage....but I'm guessing that is why we don't see every site in the world get a once-over by GPR units "Just in case" if nothing else. Too much trouble at the moment, even when they know precisely what they are looking for and roughly where it should be.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, that's interesting. I'll be sure to look for further developments.
Imagine if it's a library...

A tomb with a body would be amazing, and is much more likely.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join