It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama shill on MSNBC uses extreme racism to paint Romney as "racist"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Mitt Romney is racist. Mormonism teaches brown people are spawns of the devil.

Sure. But Obama is racist too. Black Liberation Theology teaches white people are the source of all the problems in the world .. and his particular black liberation theology cult in Chicago just adored Malcolm X who taught that white people were all 'devils'.

Once again Obama and Romney .... same/same.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

They can't handle the truth being political cheerleaders so they resort to personal attacks.

Says the guy who called me a facist right wing religious nut case .. simply because I don't have a problem with Ryan and because I outted you when you said Beezzer was a 'sell out' (aka .. not black enough). Pot meet kettle ...

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are we really to the point in this country where what news channel you happen to watch dictates your entire "persona" regarding public opinion towards you?

Yep.

MSNBC = If you buy anything MSNBC says then you are a far left brain dead sheeple.
FOX = If you buy anything FOX says then you are a facist right wing religious nut case.
CNN = If you buy anything CNN says then you are far left and out of touch. Outdated.
CBS = If you buy anything CBS says then you are far left and blind to their manipulatons.
ABC = Does anyone watch ABC?????
Would you even admit it if you did?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

On further examination we can see that your statement isn't true.
LDS changed their religion 35 years ago removing the 'racist' beliefs.
Their canonized scripture states racism is wrong.

Meet Utah Mayor Mia Love ... member of the Latter Day Saints (Mormon)

The Republican Party has a rising star in Utah's newly created 4th congressional district: Tea Partier and former Saratoga Springs, Utah mayor Mia Love. If elected, the 36-year-old mother of three will be the GOP's first black female member of Congress.

www.americanthinker.com...

Ask A Mormon What They Believe

.... estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 LDS Church members of African descent worldwide.

In 1978, President Spencer W. Kimball announced that in answer to prayer he had come to understand that the priesthood should be made available to all worthy male members of the Church regardless of race or ancestry. This announcement has been canonized as scripture.

In 2006, Church President Gordon B. Hinckley did state over the pulpit at General Conference that racism is unequivocally wrong and totally unacceptable among Church members. His comments were welcomed by African-American Mormons and their allies.

The LDS and Black People - the history
LDS Removes Racial Headings in Book of Mormon

Side note - The LDS have racism in their history. The 'mark of cain' teaching. That was thrown out 35 years ago. MANY Christian fundamentalist churches have had this in their teaching and, even though many have dropped this teaching like the LDS have, many others still do teach it.

edit on 8/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I thought everyone knew that the words "division", "anger", "hate" and "Chicago" were KKK code words for "I hate black people". Dang, people, get with the program.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Didn't Romney break the law here? He got a million bucks in donations from them after this speech.

In 1974, the FARA prohibition was incorporated into the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Federal Election Campaign Law: § 441e. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals (a) Prohibition. It shall be unlawful for— (1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make— (A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election; (B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or (C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 304(f)(3)) (2 U.S.C. § 434(f)(3)); or (2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national. (b) As used in this section, the term “foreign national” means— (1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22 except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or (2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 101(a)(22) of the Immigration and Nationality Act) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8 22 U.S.C. § 611(b) provides: (b) The term “foreign principal” includes— (1) a government of a foreign country and a foreign political party; (2) a person outside of the United States, unless it is established that such person is an individual and a citizen of and domiciled within the United States, or that such person is not an individual and is organized under or created by the laws of the United States or of any State or other place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and has its principal place of business within the United States; and (3) a partnership, association, corporation, organization, or other combination of persons organized under the laws of or having its principal place of business in a foreign country.

Foreign Money in U.S. Elections

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I assure you, Mitt Romney doesn't need a "shill" to make him out to be a racist. He does a fine job of that all by himself. All he has to do is open his giant sucker hole.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I know little about American politics apart from in the UK we get sick and tired of hearing about them, they seem to start talking about an election the year they elect a new leader, and anyway the USA & UK have no right to tell other nations to do democracy in that country, because the UK & USA dont go by that do they? I hope America votes Romney, the main reason is he is an American, he will put America first not Terror groups Alama supports, we in the UK need a new British leader too as Cameron has listened to your stupid leader too much, we need common sence back in BOTH our Countrys, it's been sadly lacking of late.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Obama is doing just fine all by himself. He has time for this but won't take questions from the WH press corps in over 8 weeks.

Such a proud moment.... Please listen

If you like chile peppers and soul food, Vote for Obama. He's clearly your guy...

As to the comment by the MSNBC shill... Disgraceful!! That being said. Obama has built his entire career on racial divide and racial issues. So has his wife. He has taken every edge that he could gain by focusing on only one half of his person and heritage.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sure. But Obama is racist too. Black Liberation Theology teaches white people are the source of all the problems in the world .. and his particular black liberation theology cult in Chicago just adored Malcolm X who taught that white people were all 'devils'.

Once again Obama and Romney .... same/same.

Don't forget that Obama was also a scholar of Critical Race Theory. Taught to him while at Harvard by Derrick Bell and shared by Obama while lecturing at University of Chicago.

His whole career has focused on nothing but race and how to divide the nation along racial lines.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

You think that is what he will do? Or is it more likely that we will continue with the warfare and destruction? Mitt Romney is a warmonger. Just like every other Republican that has ever been in office. He is a bigoted, Classist who can only relate to other rich whit men. He dislikes women who want to be more that his maid and sperm receptacle. He has no use for the poor beyond providing for his comfort. And, unless you have missed every speech he has ever given he can't hold to a single view point. He flip-flops all over the place to please whomever is sitting in front of him. He lies constantly and doesn't seem to care about being caught. He is a social chameleon, and you, in your infinite wisdom, believe he should be the president of our country. A country you don't have to live in I might add. Why? "Because he is an American". Foolish. Obama is ALSO an American. He at least doesn't double speak and lie with every single breath. I am sure he has told his share of lies and he has not upheld many of his promises. Obama will be getting my vote. I can't bring myself to vote for a man who , without a doubt has no value for anything other than himself and his thin beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I could almost forgive Romney's racism but any man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12hr trip is much worse than any racist and I could never forgive that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Character counts!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

when racism is what the organization was founded on and will not publicly refute the claims.

Did you miss the part where I factually stated that the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, was known to have abolitionist leanings and also allowed African Americans to enter the clergy?
To claim that it was founded on racism is factually inaccurate.

Mormons teach that black people are the spawn of the devil

Actually, that's not what they teach. While I do find some of Brigham Young's teachings extremely racist, being "spawn" of the devil isn't one of them. I realize I'm splitting hairs but you should read back over the doctrine in question while keeping the definition of "spawn" in mind.
Again, I never claimed Mormonism didn't include some racist doctrine for many years of its existence. I made it a point to say the opposite.

They still clearly officially believe that black people are evil.

Maybe not as "clearly" as you suggest, considering they allow African Americans to join the clergy

using Quotes made by Warren Jeffs to justify your position is like using quotes of Bin Laden to disparage all of Islam.
Jeffs was the leader of the FUNDAMENTALIST LDS, a small sect that makes up less than .05% of LDS followers.

Of course, I'm on ATS to debate and have political discussion, not stare at the pixels.

That's all well and good.
But complaining about everyone else having a bias(like you have none ) and calling them "clowns" and "political cheerleaders" that "can't handle the truth" just because they don't subscribe to your generalization, isn't the best way to demonstrate how above the fray you are.
I acknowledge that you're a very intelligent young guy that is much more thoughtful than most your age. You seem like a genuinely nice person as well.
But to continuously act like you've got absolutely everything figured out and if someone disagrees it's because they are biased or just don't have the reading comprehension necessary is a bit insulting and, frankly, highlights your youth as opposed to your intelligence.

edit on 17-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm glad you're participating in this thread but
What are your thoughts on what Toure said and Romney's quote that he attributed his opinion to?

Mitt Romney‘s assertion that President Obama should “take [his] campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago.” Co-host Touré saw what he believes to be explicit racial connotations beneath what Romney was saying, calling it the “'n-word'ization” of the campaign.

I mean, considering that's the topic of the OP and all.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I could almost forgive Romney's racism but any man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12hr trip is much worse than any racist and I could never forgive that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Character counts!

Funny how people think nothing about zipping their Chihuahuas in into purses and duffle bags or never think twice about tranquilizing their dogs and packing them into the freight hold on an airliner or letting their dogs run lose in a car, sticking their bodies out of car windows or dogs riding in the open bed of a pickup truck at highway speeds. ONe big bump or evasive maneuver and bye bye Fido.

12 hours secured to the roof in a dog carrier.... Doesn't seem so bad. I'm sure the cherished family pet could breathe and was taken out at the rest stops. How many people leave their dogs in the car with the window barely cracked if at all? If this rooftop container was airtight the dog would have died and not survived a 12 hour trip.

Give me a break...People seem to think that this dog was just chained to the roof... Wow!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

could almost forgive Romney's racism but any man that would tie a dog to the top of a car for a 12hr trip is much worse than any racist and I could never forgive that.

Then what does that say about a guy who eats dog?

Remember character counts!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey, don't knock dog meat. Indonesia has a very small stray dog problem. They have given those poor dogs new purpose.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yeah, you are lying. Actually you're just trying to defame me because you don't like the things I'm saying.

All I did was say that Romney is part of a racist religion so that makes him racist. What does that have to do with defending Obama or MSNBC? Absolutely nothing.

What if we just apply this same concept to the rev wright and the Liberation Theology POTUS was steeped in for 20 years....chickens coming home to roost and all...but wait, oh POTUS was sleeping during all those sermons so it doesn't count right?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by neo96

Hey, don't knock dog meat. Indonesia has a very small stray dog problem. They have given those poor dogs new purpose.

At least Indonesia still has dogs. I hear that in Korea dogs are pretty much nonexistent.

edit on 17-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Isn't Mitt Romney Mormon?

The cult that teaches its members that Jesus came to the Western Hemisphere after the ressurection. The cult that teaches its members that anyone who is brown is evil and are brown due to being punished.

Of course he is racist. He was raised to believe that black people are different than white people because God is punishing them. That the mark of Cain is being brown.

We don't need any left wing ad to determine who is racist. A simple course in religion will do the trick.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join