It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama shill on MSNBC uses extreme racism to paint Romney as "racist"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

People can be racist towards there own race. If black people want to believe in a religion that calls them the spawn of the devil then they clearly are racist themselves. Most religions brainwash people to believe ridiculous things, it's nothing rare.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Why are all of you ignoring Mitt Romneys racist statements that came out of his own mouth? Talk about blind cheerleaders. You're prepared to defend him no matter what he says. If Mitt Romney said "White West Virginians are poor because of their culture" you'd diss him in a second though.

edit on 16-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by xuenchen

So you are saying there are no Palestinian Americans?

This is a weak argument. If you think any statement made against "Chicago politics" is racist, go right ahead. This distant tangent you are going on not only has nothing to do with the OP, it is a flight of fancy, based on "reverse intolerance" against a religious group that has largely shown themselves to be quite normal in this country.

Have you ever met a Mormon? They tend to be quite friendly.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Why are all of you ignoring Mitt Romneys racist statements that came out of his own mouth? Talk about blind cheerleaders. You're prepared to defend him no matter what he says. If Mitt Romney said "White West Virginians are poor because of their culture" you'd diss him in a second though.

edit on 16-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Yes, emoticons are always fun! And indicative of emotion based responses.
Give specific examples of Romneys racist remarks, please.....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Ah. So Obama doesn't take money from AIPAC and kiss Israeli hiney?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So you are saying there are no Palestinian Americans?

your attempt to derail and deflect is weak.

Again, this thread points to an article.

The article points to a TV show on MSNBC.

The video of the show does not seem to mention any Arab/Jewish conflicts.

quotes from the story:

On Thursday’s edition of MSNBC’s The Cycle the group discussed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney‘s assertion that President Obama should “take [his] campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago.” Co-host Touré saw what he believes to be explicit racial connotations beneath what Romney was saying, calling it the “n[snip]ization” of the campaign.

“That really bothered me,” he said. “You notice he said anger twice. He’s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ‘otherization,’ he’s not like us.”

“I know it’s a heavy thing, I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘n[snip]ization,’” Touré said to the apparent shock of his co-panelists. “You are not one of us, you are like the scary black man who we’ve been trained to fear.”
[ I edited out the filthy dirty racial slurs ]

Obviously, Mr Touré's "comments" were clearly prearranged.

MSNBC scripted this entire dialog

This was not ad-lib (no pun intended !)

Touré was focusing on Romney's Chicago comment from the other day.

Well gee wiz.

Obama is from there and so is Michelle and they have a home there.

Where else would he go back to in January?

Touré and MSNBC completely twisted the whole thing.

The Obama Campaign needs to answer this.

..Read the whole article and watch the video !!!!

added:
This has zero to do with Jews, Arabs, Mormons or any religious groups

edit on Aug-16-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It is irrelevant what Obama does in this conversation. We are talking about Mitt Romneys racist statements. Please stop deflecting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just for clarity: This threads title is:

Obama shill on MSNBC uses extreme racism to paint Romney as "racist"

~Heff

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I think it's fair to say that culture can play a large role in prosperity. How is that racist?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

Because its generalizing a group of Arabs that have been oppressed by Israel for years. Instead of blaming it on reality, he blames it on "their culture". Jews are superior to Arabs, don't you know?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
And let me guess, everyone forgot about this comment from the Romney crew?

"We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special," a second Romney adviser told the newspaper. "The White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

OK, the thread is about Toure claiming Romney was being racist when he said:

President Obama should “take [his] campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago.”

So, is this another one of those "racist dog-whistle" things that are meant for white bigots but, oddly enough, are only heard by liberal race baiters?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And to add more fuel to the fire,

MSNBC's cleverly crafted script for their program also made sure they included the staged "argument" put up by the so called "conservative" S.E. Cupp.

They made Sure that a "conservative" put up arguing questions to a "liberal".
(God forbid !)

Very good entertainment. And the scripted "arguments" were weak and deflecting of course.

But still a horrible way to convey any message.

“I know it’s a heavy thing, I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘n[snip]ization,’” Touré said to the apparent shock of his co-panelists. “You are not one of us, you are like the scary black man who we’ve been trained to fear.”

Naturally this led to a battle between Touré and conservative co-host S.E. Cupp. She took particular issue with the fact that Touré admitted that VP Joe Biden‘s “chains” comments were divisive, but is now calling Romney a “racist” for saying the Obama campaign is “angry.”

“Do you see how dishonest that is?” she asked.

Touré denied calling anyone a racist, which prompted Cupp to say, “Certainly you were implying that Mitt Romney and the base will respond to this dog-whistle, racially-charged coding, and hate Obama, the angry black man?”

“Absolutely,” he replied.

“That’s so irresponsible,” Cupp answered back.

“This is not a revolutionary comment,” Touré later said. “This is a constituency all-white party that rejects the black vote.”

My "opinion" =

This will make people really wonder who's side MSNBC is really on

edit on Aug-16-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Because its generalizing a group of Arabs that have been oppressed by Israel for years. Instead of blaming it on reality, he blames it on "their culture".

Kind of like generalizing an entire religion's followers?
Or generalizing anyone that has different political opinions as racist?
Are you saying that culture doesn't play a role in prosperity?

And let me guess, everyone forgot about this comment from the Romney crew?

"We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special," a second Romney adviser told the newspaper. "The White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have."

And let me guess, you stopped your research their because it confirms your bias?

An unnamed “adviser” to Mitt Romney who told the London Telegraph that the candidate appreciates “Anglo-Saxon heritage” better than President Obama is not speaking for the Republican campaign, a spokeswoman for the former Massachusetts governor said Wednesday.

“It’s not true,” Amanda Hennenberg said in a statement. “If anyone said that, they weren’t reflecting the views of Governor Romney or anyone inside the campaign.”

The Telegraph in particular prints many rumors and blind quotes, often infuriating Democrats. “They use anonymous sources to a degree that makes you wonder if they actually have them,” consultant Bob Shrum told Dave Weigel in 2009.

The Telegraph stands by the story and the quote. Al-Monitor Reporter Laura Rozen notes that conservative British commentator Nile Gardiner is the co-chair of Romney’s Europe Working Group, often writes on the Telegraph, and frequently uses the term “Anglo-Saxon.” But Gardiner denies being the source; he says he was contacted by the Telegraph and referred the paper to Romney’s communications team.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I think, for the most part you're usually pretty respectful in your debates but it cracks me up that everyone you disagree with is "biased" but you act like you never are.

edit on 16-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

BTW, good thread topic

(I had a thread all ready to post, but when I double checked, I saw yours !)

This could easily cost Obama as well as other "coat tail" Democrats 500,000 votes

This is not what voters want to hear !!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
MSNBC's plan worked beautifully. Throwing a racial hand grenade into the mix has people scrambling to defend against a non-racist statement wile talk on unemployment, GDP, economy, taxes, the presidents decree concerning the DREAM ACT, war in the ME, the deadliest month on record for US troops, goes undone.

*golf clap*

Bravo liberals! You've managed to avoid talking about the issues and policies once again!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Liberal and talking! Right here!

As my previous statement in thread days - I see this as one of two things:

1) A diversionary tactic.
2) An Obama employee who is about to stand in the unemployment line wishing he'd not made a TV appearance ( even if he said was was on the script ).

~Heff

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It has everything to do with racist statements Romney made towards arabs. Are there not American arabs? :

Wait a minute how many races are there in the Middle East, I get confused... Is Palestine a race, culture, religion, politics? All the above?

If I say the culture of the middle east is not as good as American culture does that make me a racist? If I think the Jewish culture is better than many other cultures does that make me a racist to whatever race happens to be in the cultures I think are not as good?

AND FINALLY...hehe

I find it a rather funny statement that you suggest a white guy is racist because he thinks the culture, of not his own mind you, is better than another culture....

I haven't ran across too many people who are racist because they think ANOTHER race is better and that race is not their own... Good Catch...lol ....Or really weird logic...

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No it doesn't make one wonder really. It is an opinion show, Toure voiced his opinion. While I typically find this particular opinion of his as being off-base and uninformed it is his opinion to make. But the truly amazing part is where you go on to call SE Cupp the "so called Conservative" on the show. And I have to ask was she the "So called Conservative" back when she was a frequent guest on Fox as well? Or back then was she the ultra-hot Conservative woman you could feel confident in? The Cycle as a show isn't bad if a bit too Liberal heavy at times and would have done well to have put someone a bit more Independent minded on the panel.

As to the OP I have a hard time believing that because Toure has an opinion it shifted your political stance entirely. There are plenty of people I know I may disagree with on a great many things, but not once in my life has that disagreement ever changed my position or beliefs on who had the best policy. Because I am looking at the policy not what the moron down the block has to say about the opponents comments.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join