It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stores in U.S., U.K. sold out of New 'Miracle' Diet Aid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.hlifestyles.com...

dietary supplement containing compounds from raspberries has become nearly impossible to find in stores after a popular TV doctor, mentioning no specific brand, proclaimed it a "miracle" weight-loss supplement on his daytime TV show. www.doctoroz.com...

Indeed, health food stores across the U.S. have been barraged from customers seeking raspberry ketones — an extract from raspberries, which may help your body burn more fat, according to new research.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Here is Dr. Oz's view on it (just click on the link for the video)

www.doctoroz.com...

He also states "there is a key hormone involved in this process" [of losing the fat] called adiponectin.

Excerpt from the Dr. Oz website on this product:

Research has shown that raspberry ketone can help in your weight-loss efforts, especially when paired with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet of healthy and whole foods.

Raspberry ketone is the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. This compound regulates adiponectin, a protein used by the body to regulate metabolism. Raspberry ketone causes the fat within your cells to get broken up more effectively, helping your body burn fat faster. The recommended dose is 100mg per day. To get the same benefit from the whole fruit, you'd have to consume 90 pounds of raspberries.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

edit on 16-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am calling BS on this marketing gimmick on the product. And here is a scientific study which would prove how bunk this product (and Oz) really is:

Insulin Sensitizer Also Serves As Energy-Conserving Signal To The Brain

www.sciencedaily.com...
ScienceDaily (July 12, 2007)

The researchers now report evidence in mice that adiponectin receptors are present in the hypothalamic region of the brain and that some forms of the chemical enter the cerebrospinal fluid from the blood. Once in the brain, adiponectin enhances the activity of a metabolic enzyme called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) to stimulate greater food consumption.

Moreover, the researchers found that adiponectin decreased energy expenditure. They also showed that blood and spinal fluid adiponectin levels in the brain normally increase during fasting and decrease after refeeding, suggesting that adiponectin acts mainly during food shortages.

In adiponectin-deficient mice, AMPK activity in the brain slowed, causing the animals to eat less and expend more energy. That action, in turn, made the animals resistant to becoming obese even on a high-fat diet. Moreover, animals lacking adiponectin lost more fat after 12 hours of fasting than normal mice did.

So, tell me Dr. Oz, what sort of crap are you trying to sell to the uninformed public? If you want the ketones found in the raspberries, instead of buying this chemically made crap in a plastic bottle, go to the damn store/nearest farm, and buy some FRESH raspberries there!

Stop falling for these marketing hypes because Dr. Oz says so! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: Made this a fullblown BS marketing scam

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I also noticed on the show that they said "the longer you stay on them the better the results"

They try not to talk about exercising and eating right.

AND HERE IS THE DISCLAIMER ON THE PILLS......GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 4:43 in the video (see my first post) Dr. Oz also says I am hoping this will get you over the hump. Use it for that purpose and NOT AS A MIRACLE PILL...are we all clear on this everybody?

God I love it when I debunk "miracle" pills...

edit on 16-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Btw, I have decided to S&F your thread OP because those ATS members who are interested in health and fitness will read (or have heard about) this new "miracle diet pill. That said, your thread should get noticed. Thank you for digging this up for discussion.

And therefore, our intent here on ATS is to inform them about the product and let them decided if they wish to try this supplement or not.

I would say not, but that is just me.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

when paired with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet of healthy and whole foods.

Regular exercise. That's the part most people choose to forget in trying to find a shortcut around it.

It's ridiculous.

Want to get skinny without exercise? Get a tapeworm.
Eat tapeworm eggs, and let them live for two weeks, then kill the buggers with prescribed tapeworm killing medicines, wait two weeks, repeat. The process will kill you if you're not careful, but, hey, if you REALLY want a shortcut .... being a skeleton in a box underground is certainly skinny.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

when paired with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet of healthy and whole foods.

Regular exercise. That's the part most people choose to forget in trying to find a shortcut around it.

It's ridiculous.

Want to get skinny without exercise? Get a tapeworm.
Eat tapeworm eggs, and let them live for two weeks, then kill the buggers with prescribed tapeworm killing medicines, wait two weeks, repeat. The process will kill you if you're not careful, but, hey, if you REALLY want a shortcut .... being a skeleton in a box underground is certainly skinny.

FYI...think 500 times BEFORE trying the Tapeworm Diet....it is a STUPID idea, quit being sarcastic about health and get real Druscilla. This is not a laughing matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

She addressed it with the levity it deserved.

Tapeworm diet?

Be careful when stepping down from your horse.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Tapeworm and miracle diet aids...

Think I'll stick to corsets to keep my middle chub in check.

new topics

top topics

join