It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You favourite Sci-fi game?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ok people, I'm dateing myself here !!lol

Mechwarrior 2 and expansions
Mechwarrior 3 and expansions
Mechwarrior 4 and expansions
Mech commander 1 and 2
And for the last 10 years Ive been playing mek teks online modification of mechwarrior 4 mercenaries

I have been, and currently a beta tester for the new MECHWARRIOR ONLINE!!

New game is currently still in beta testing and should be available by September and it's free to play!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Half life 2. That is all.

Edit to add: No love for portal ?..
edit on 16-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

HALF LIFE 2 ^^^

Perfect Dark back in the day, completely and utterly expanded my mind.

Both games made me see the world in a different way, I can never go back.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've been gaming a long time, but I still think I've got to go with a recent one, Mass Effect 2.

Traveling through space, exploring the many varied locations... listening to the great ambient and fitting music... along with great gunplay and graphics...

Just great!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
EvE online is one of the best, but it is a hardcore game if you want that play style. But i must say it is a bit hard for most people.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Half life 2. That is all.

Edit to add: No love for portal ?..
edit on 16-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

HALF LIFE 2 ^^^

Perfect Dark back in the day, completely and utterly expanded my mind.

Both games made me see the world in a different way, I can never go back.

Perfect dark.. Another great game.. Right up there with the original Deus ex..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"Sci-fi games" are a pretty broad genre.

Therefore i will narrow it down into sub-genres as well, and give you the best from each sub genre.

FPS: (I don´t like Fpses so will just mention a few i endured to the end)
Crysis/Doom/Halo/Borderlands(I like Borderlands most out of these)

3rd Person Shooters: (These i like alot since they are usually way more atmospheric than FPS:es)
Dead Space 2 is by far the best in this genre... . Worthy mentions are System Shock, although abit dated, and Bioforge, which is also pretty dated now, but both of them awesome.

RTS
Starcraft 1&2, Supreme Commander/Total Annihilation, Homeworld Cataclysm(way better than the original and even better than homeworld 2), Star wolves 3, Nexus: The jupiter incident,

TBS(these are my favourites)
Battle Isle 2, Ufo: Enemy Unknown/Xcom: Terror from the deep, Master of Orion 2, Space Rangers 2, Sword of the Stars 1.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justin366

Can never get into that game.because of the graphics. So was Half life and Half life 2 which makes me sick after awhile.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just want to jump back on and say that most of the games mentioned here are all awesome.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
some awesome choices there such as abe's oddysee, fallout 3, homeworld 2, half life 2.

my fave sci-fi game is probably xcom enemy unknown.
so many hours spent chasing ufos and selling much of there stuff to hire many many scientists and engineers.
great fun.
edit on 1/10/2012 by listerofsmeg because: because: because: because..... because of the wonderful things he does

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Mass Effect series. I really just played them for the story. The gameplay was good, but as far as I am concerned, the Mass Effect universe/story is right up there with Star Wars and Star Trek.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So many good games to choose from I can't possibly pick just one so here's a rundown of a few favorites.

Dune 2,
What can I say, it's the RTS that started it all.

The Jedi knight franchise,
From dark forces to Jedi academy (academy has its faults but I still like it) these games are the closest thing to a Jedi simulator there is.
Nothing is more satisfying than force choking a storm trooper and beating him off some walls before throwing him off a cliff.
The first time I encountered a reborn in outcast the stormtroopers formed a circle around us and watched me decapitate him before interfering.I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Wing commander 3,

The wing commander seiries has a few gems in it but Heart of the tiger stands out for obvious reasons.
The game had an all star cast including Mark Hammil (Luke skywalker), Malcom Mcdowell and John Rhys Davies (Gimli from LotR). Its mix of casual space shooter and hardcore spaceflight sim coupled with a strong cinematic story made it a game worth playing even today.

I could go on and on but these are just a few of the games that left a long lasting impression on me.

edit on 1-10-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
When your looking for something thats some serious mind-blowing material with metaphysical and sci-fi elements, then this game is without a shadow of a doubt something you should take a look at:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All time favorite: Fallout 2. The graphics are dated but it is still a fun game to play to this day.

Some other favorites:
- The Space Quest series. They were hilarious.
- Freelancer
- Half-Life and Opposing Force (half-life 2 was... meh. )
- System Shock 2
- Crysis (the sequel sucked)
- Rage (it could have been better but overall wasn't bad)
- The Stalker series
- Far Cry

Do "Interstate '76" and "Interstate '82" count as scifi games, given that they took place in an alternate history? Because they were great, back in the day.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Deus Ex. Without a single doubt in my mind. The original Deus Ex is the greatest Sci-Fi game I have ever played.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Currently XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It's kept me up past 3 am every night, I need detox for this game!

www.xcom.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin366
reply to post by fairguy

was that the game where you were little creatures that could drink and fart?

I can't remember being able to drink but you could definitely fart and I think slap people too. Awesome!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

same here. that new xcom is damn good.
not as complicated as the originl though and i like complicated.
still very happy with the game though and i beleive it deserves a few playthroughs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join