It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Analysis, Republicans and Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
From my opinion, here's how I see the two parties. Republicans blame government for their problems and Democrats blame better-off people for theirs. Let me know what you think?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

That's a very in depth analysis

Well done.
edit on 16-8-2012 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why should I analyse mentally sick people? For every solution, there are 2 more problems. It's all a waste of time trying to convince the left. I'd rather wipe my butt.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
From my opinion, here's how I see the two parties. Republicans blame government for their problems and Democrats blame better-off people for theirs. Let me know what you think?

This is good news. I have been taking the blame for everything lately. I have to show this post to my girlfriend.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wwiilliiaamm

Be nice to her, good women can be won over. When I first met my gf, she was so liberal...now, I get an earful about the LEFT. Becareful what you wish for my friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

All parties in all countries that are currently not running the country blame the party that does.
Of course they think they could do a better job, otherwise they are in the wrong party.
It's that simple.

When it comes to the Democrats, as they care more for the single human being than the Republics, and since the poverty has become so great in the U.S, obviously they need resources to fix that. And who has the money?

The democrats want people to have decent lives. The republicans don't care much.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The real difference, one is like 99.9% beholden to their corporate master. The other is about 75% beholden to their corporate masters with that number increasing every election. And in this election neither side is willing to do anything to change this rather scary fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
The real difference, one is like 99.9% beholden to their corporate master. The other is about 75% beholden to their corporate masters with that number increasing every election. And in this election neither side is willing to do anything to change this rather scary fact.

Very accurate numbers to a very inaccurate statement.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your input. The left doesn't seem to know conservatives well. We are viewed as "evil and cruel" by the left. Every conservative I know agrees that government is more inefficient in helping people get off their feets than their private, non-profit conterparts such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Red Cross. Government should only exist to get you off your feet, not for you to live off of. Like the old saying goes, it's better to teach a man how to fish, than to give him one.

When I went to college, one of my studies was economics, I disagreed with the whole department. This was before trade with China became mainstream. The department head, "WONG" was a black man that was born, raised and educated in China. He and his department, advocated their "Liberal Economic Trade Theory." I disagreed with them to the end with my own view, which was the "Free Market Theory." I ended up dropping out, but in the end...China was taught how to fish at the cost of US jobs. At least through trade, we ended up "diminishing" their raw materials, earth minerals and such. BTW, we should have just finished the Vietnam War. Vietnam was rich with such minerals and even oil.

Sorry for the thread going offtrack, but when people finally realize that money doesn't grow on trees and government is not the solution and live righteously by that...Will be when the economy bounces back. May take 4 years, May take a lifetime...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Thanks everyone for your input. The left doesn't seem to know conservatives well. We are viewed as "evil and cruel" by the left.

Let's quote you from earlier in this thread, shall we?

Why should I analyse mentally sick people?

Very unevil, uncruel and intelligent way to discuss politics, indeed.
I'm not saying republicans are like this in general, it's just quite funny that you're the one making the statements.

Every conservative I know agrees that government is more inefficient in helping people get off their feets than their private, non-profit conterparts such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Red Cross. Government should only exist to get you off your feet, not for you to live off of. Like the old saying goes, it's better to teach a man how to fish, than to give him one.

Yes, they wouldn't be republicans otherwise, would they?

China was taught how to fish at the cost of US jobs.

You do realize that outsourcing is very much a capitalist concept? Why should you pay more than you have to? Regardless if it's about wages or taxes.

However, outsourced jobs usually demand some sort of competence from the other part, meaning that they are somewhat skilled/educated. Now, they might not be paid that much compared to us, but it makes them somewhat wealthy in their countries. So it's not using them as much as it is helping them as their economy gets better.

In the U.S, there are jobs such as waitresses, cleaning ladies, cab drivers that the population expects to be there, yet some of them need to rely on tips rather than wages to hopefully get enough money to survive.
If you on top of that cannot get a proper education or medical care, how does your life look like?
If you were born in a ghetto with poor parents, what is the chance that you're going to make it? It's not your fault you were born in those circumstances, is it?
Economically, it's the same thing with these people as it is with outsourcing, except the outsourced actually benefit from it, meanwhile your own people live in misery, apparently because you want them to. One could argue this to be somewhat "Evil and Cruel" as you suggested.

Sorry for the thread going offtrack, but when people finally realize that money doesn't grow on trees

Exactly, so wouldn't it be somewhat reasonable that the limited money is at least spread a bit more so that people have a proper chance to contribute to society and thereby give the economy a boost, instead of just being a burden?
edit on 17-8-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Democrats believe that those people that are better off financially wise, should share a bit more of the burden, rather than increase it on families already struggling and living near the poverty line.

Without the help of the mass number of consumers, vast infrastructure, and government loans those people that are better off financially would have never gotten to where they are. Now it's their time to give a little bit back to the great country that gave them that opportunity to get to where they are now.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I came to this country on a boat.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I bought pencils the other day.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Republicans expect people do to things for themselves. Democrats expect the government to do everything for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Both Obama and Romney's biggest donor is Goldman Sachs. In fact, Goldman Sachs keeps quite the harem of prostitutes...I mean politicians on their pay rolls. imo, the difference between republicans and democrats has been blurred by Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs is actively trying to pay politicians in both parties to cede U.S. sovereignty to the U.N. in an effort to establish the one world government. Therefore, the only thing that really differentiates politicians in Congress anymore is whether they are being paid to cede U.S. sovereignty to the one world government or if they are sincerely trying to resurrect the Republic.

top topics

join