Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are you sure you want to give up your guns ?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Caution - Death but no gore !

Protest and Die Society

I saw this and it looks like sticks, large knives against GUNS - so much for power to the people.
sort of like you protest you dead. I wonder how much each one of these people live on .... ?
2$ a day - less, I wonder what they are protesting - low wages >? more food >? better working conditions>?
well the people dont have the means to protect themselves thats for sure...

edit on 16-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I am getting "Video Not Found" when I go to the website, though might be that I am at work. Seems like it is only a matter of time before the storm hits.

~J

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

double checked link works - its on liveleak.com -

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Luckily(?), the early days of unions in the USA were before automatic weapons. Union workers were shot and killed, but not with these numbers.

Scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that they should have had guns when protesting, so that they can shoot at the police who is not who you should be protesting against if you have problems with your wages?
Isn't the moral of the story that you protest unarmed, and you don't try to sneak-up on the police with knives, sticks and machetes - it could get you killed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Holy crap!! What??!!!

Uh, yeah, my husband and I are not giving up our guns. Craziness. Pure craziness.
EDIT:
s/f
The peeps need to see this stuff happening. South Africa? I thought they were, like, 'first world'.....
edit on 16-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

South Africa is no protest, these people are in the warring area.
They simply brought "knives" to a gunfight.
B a d . s t r a t e g y !!!
If I plan on warring and did not have a gun, I'd take one from an armed person, very suddenly with the aid of a blade.
Good thing I live in a country where that is not necessary, I have rights that nobody can take away.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY GUNS AS LONG AS I
HAVE BREATH IN MY LUNGS!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I hate to say this, but those "striking miners" could have been anybody. From the video it's clear that they attempted to swarm the closest officer (perhaps to take him as a hostage?) and got precisely what anybody would get when rushing at a group with superior arms.

South Africa's #ed up, but what were they thinking?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyButler

They were thinking that they're not gonna lay down and #ing take it anymore, like we(Americans) should be doing.

top topics

join