It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out when opening the door to strangers..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Because you don't want this to happen

www.liveleak.com...

This is a good reason you should watch out when opening the door, even though it doesn't happen much, it does happen, and it could happen to you. So always keep protection nearby, espescially if you live in a bad neighboorhood.
edit on 16-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is why I have a security camera on my front porch and driveway.
Besides that, I don't open the door for anyone in the middle of the night unless it's family.
Even then I pretend I'm sleeping.
edit on 16-8-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

That's what a shotgun is for!
2nd
edit on 16-8-2012 by Jake321 because: spelling

link   
Ruddy hell, feel sorry for that guy :/

Hope they catch these guys and lock em up with only bread and water!

link   
reply to post by GmoS719

“My mum always says, ‘You should never open the door.’”

“What do you mean?”

“An unopened door is a happy door, so we never answer ours when someone knocks.”

“What, so you all just sit there?”

“Yes,”

“So, the doorbell goes...and you all just sit there until the person goes away.”

“Yes”

“What if it’s someone important? What if it’s good news?”

“This is London, Jen. It’s not someone with cake. Unless that cake is made with dog poo and knives.”

The wisdom of The IT Crowd.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I found the 'explanation' as confusing as the incident itself:

In one of the perpetrators of attacks linked barmaid, she put a plastic bag over his head.

Bizzaro text to match bizzaro crimes!

I'd like to do 'positive' home invasions. Storm a place, tie-up the home owner and then deep clean the house, rearrange the furniture, some small/light repairs, just generally make the place a nicer place to be. Maybe even fit spy-holes and door-chains to stop it happening again.

Some of the houses near me are practically crying out for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112
Because you don't want this to happen

www.liveleak.com...

This is a good reason you should watch out when opening the door, even though it doesn't happen much, it does happen, and it could happen to you. So always keep protection nearby, espescially if you live in a bad neighboorhood.
edit on 16-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

First where did that take place? Czechoslovakia?
Second who opens a door straight out in the middle of the night anyway?
Third they had a camera but blindly open the door?
Fourth was that guy who opened the door drunk? Wth?
Fifth this seems so premeditated

Did you notice the guy we could see was not really hit...and yet just almost off camera they go nuts on someone or something? Just seems odd to me!

edit on 16-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I found the 'explanation' as confusing as the incident itself:

In one of the perpetrators of attacks linked barmaid, she put a plastic bag over his head.

Bizzaro text to match bizzaro crimes!

I'd like to do 'positive' home invasions. Storm a place, tie-up the home owner and then deep clean the house, rearrange the furniture, some small/light repairs, just generally make the place a nicer place to be. Maybe even fit spy-holes and door-chains to stop it happening again.

Some of the houses near me are practically crying out for it.

Don't forget to mow the (weed) lawn and clean out the garage so they can park in there instead of the street...
edit on 16-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Did you notice the guy we could see was not really hit...and yet just almost off camera they go nuts on someone or something? Just seems odd to me!

I noticed the same thing. At around 0:37 one of the guys hits the guy that opened the door with a pretty pathetic looking swing.

The description also states that this is an "organized group of foreigners"

Two things come to mind. It was a hit on the guy off camera and they took things to make it look like a robbery or it was set up by some nationalist types.
edit on 16-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Keep an axe behind your door, i live in Glasgow its pritty much the norm here.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Keep an axe behind your door, i live in Glasgow its pritty much the norm here.

I live between Manchester and the Pennines and I've been doing this for years. It's not a big axe, but then it doesn't have to be for some #er to regret it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You should never open the door to anyone that you don't know or to those your are not expecting. Nowadays criminals are getting smarter and smarter (surprisingly) and they will do whatever they can to worm their way in. I know this particular incident is different to the typical fraudster-type incidents. Many of these people prey on the elderly, recently someone was nearly murdered after opening the door to a complete stranger.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Well said mate, they do make a hell of a mess. Need to be carefull though because technically from a Police standpoint you are concealing a deadly weapon.
edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
keep a 6 or 8 round loaded shotgun by you at home, preferably by the chair or couch you normally sit on. get a steel door with a peephole. if you do not know the people or person outside, tell them you to go away, or they will be shot if they bust in. call the police if you feel threatened.
it's better to be tried by twelve, than carried by six. protect yourself and your family, it's your home. no one elses.
less income for the people, means more violent crime against those people. don't think so?....how many rich people burst into peoples homes to rob them? this isn't rocket science.
edit on 16-8-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

"keep a 6 or 8 round loaded shotgun by you at home, preferably by the chair or couch you normally sit on."

Dont have any kids in the house if you are going to do this, accidents happen!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

They'd have eaten about a pound of lead if they tried that stuff with me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by jimmyx

"keep a 6 or 8 round loaded shotgun by you at home, preferably by the chair or couch you normally sit on."

Dont have any kids in the house if you are going to do this, accidents happen!

Not everyone that is on ATS lives where they can keep a Shotgun...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
someone knocks on my door at night, you can grantee my hand behind the door
has my pistol in it. Old habits die hard.

I live in a very safe community, never lock the car doors and leave the house open many times
when we run to the store ect. But i lock it at night, and even at that i dont answer the door
at night without my pistol. You never know now days.

Like the photo i saw a while back said

"The lock on that door you just kicked in was not there to protect me,
it was there to protect you from me"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i only answer the door if i expect a caller, or i know who is knocking by them shouting my name through the letterbox. anyone else, i ain't answering. it's one of the few remaining decisions i can make independently, without the need for anyone else's (and especially the government's) approval. i am fairly antisocial as a rule. and my garden is overgrown.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I never answer the door, mostly just because I'm an ass. I'll even stand at my big ol living room window and stare at you, make you feel really awkward till you turn around and walk away. Unless it's the UPS/FedEx man. They bring presents. I did accidentally open the door twice this year, so far. Once it was just a coincidence I was walking out as they rang.. non profit I've never heard of seeking cash donations. Right. Second time was just last week, just happened to be busy and opened without thinking.. effing politician. I'd rather talk to a mormon or some snot nosed kid selling $10 candy bars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join