It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana sinkhole and Valero refinery shooting, is there any connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
With the news regarding the Louisiana sinkhole sounding ever more ominous.

Louisiana Sink Hole Potentially HUGE DIRTY BOMB!!!

Now we have a shooting at a Valero refinery somewhat nearby.

Two Louisiana Police Officers Died After Early Morning Shooting

I am wondering if anyone can see any connection between these two. There has been a lot of discussion about the sinkhole, but the shooting is new.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Several shooters are not a "disgruntled former employee". so this is obviously something else. Could they be current employees trying to stop something catastrophic from happening? Perhaps bad guys that got caught trying to make something catastrophic happen? Any other ideas?
edit on 16-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: misspelled chupacabra

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I live a parish away from there in St.Charles Parish. We also have a couple Valero/Shell plants. Around 20 years ago it went boom. It took out Norco, New Sarpy, Destrehan, and some of St.Rose. When I say took out i mean flattened. Could be something as to what your saying, but living out there its a bad place to live. For all you know someone that worked there owed them money. One curious thing is you need a reason just to get into those parking lots. TWIC Cards and such and your always searched and being monitored.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JWalk89

What got my attention was everything coming out indicated several shooters. So not just one disgruntled former employee, or deadbeat dad, or something like that. Sounds like they have more than one person in custody too.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yea. It happened in two places. First was in Valero then two cops got ambushed in a trailer park looking for suspects. I think news said five. Let me go find link.

Here ya go

www.nola.com...

New to the sink hole thing but here is the link for it on same site.

www.nola.com...

edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JWalk89

So according to that report "a total of five people are in custody". That just sounds weird, maybe it's just me but really doesn't sound right.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Three men from trailer. Doesn't say where others were gotten or if they were snitched on. I've seen cops beat kids down here for no reason. Could've been retaliation or something connected to the sink hole.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I worked that plant back in the day. WE called it NO HOPE (when they changed the name to good hope). My first day there I saw a guy get cut in half when and I beam fell on him and cut him in half. S few weeks later a guy lost his leg form the knee down when 2 pipes rolled together on him (to be fair that was his fault for straddeling them like you NEVER do). Little later a welder and 2 helper were going ot weld on those big golf ball shaped tanks. it was supposed to be purged but wasnt and exploded killing both of them. My last day was when all the blow of vents opened nad flamed up. Made the ground fele like an eathquake! When i asked if we should evacuate I was told it was ok as long as they all stayed lit. Soon as he said it they all went out! Grabbed my lunchbox and walked out. That was the final straw for me.

top topics

join