It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Congress could be least productive since 1947

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
linky

Not sure of the why but this is pretty sad. These guys are there to do a job.
If they aren't passing laws then what are we paying them for?

Congress is on pace to make history with the least productive legislative year in the post World War II era.

Just 61 bills have become law to date in 2012 out of 3,914 bills that have been introduced by lawmakers, or less than 2% of all proposed laws, according to a USA TODAY analysis of records since 1947 kept by the U.S. House Clerk's office.

I guess they qualify for the title of "Do Nothing Congress".

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You say this as if it's a bad thing.

As far as I am concerned, the less they do, especially the fewer laws they pass, the better.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Really it kind of is a bad thing. It isn't that they aren't making new laws, it is they also are not revising and adjusting existing ones. The revising and adjusting existing ones being what their primary focus should be.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Really it kind of is a bad thing. It isn't that they aren't making new laws, it is they also are not revising and adjusting existing ones. The revising and adjusting existing ones being what their primary focus should be.

That I can agree with. Especially if by "revising and adjusting" you include repealing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We've known this Congress is the least productive for the past THREE years for quite awhile now..

Maybe that is a good thing as it will hopefully wake people up.

Kick 'em all to the curb and start over.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I like a congress that doesnt pass anything. It means i get to keep what little liberty I have left for a few more days.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Senate isn't doing any better. They haven't passed a budget in 3 years!!!!! That is absolutely astounding to me and is unprecedented in American history. 51 votes are needed to pass a budget and there are 53 Democrats in the Senate. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The Senate isn't doing any better. They haven't passed a budget in 3 years!!!!! That is absolutely astounding to me and is unprecedented in American history. 51 votes are needed to pass a budget and there are 53 Democrats in the Senate. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Democrats hate there kids and grandkids. They want to blow all there kids future money now and inslave us to the banks on intrest. They truely cant look 10 feet ahead of them to see the cliff coming.

edit on 16-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They only have a 15% approval rating anyway..

Throw out the trash!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Last I heard (NPR yesterday) they were at a 10% approval rating... but why split hairs?

But if you think of it differently, it takes on a whole new level....

Do we really want these people making MORE laws?

I kind of think they've gone and screwed up enough already. Measuring their 'worth' by how many new laws they pass is like being a slave and appreciating that your pit boss is always getting new whips to use on your back.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Let's be clear here congress is made up of the House and Senate where there are plenty HR bills just sitting in the Senate waiting until after the election.

Now considering the NDAA,ACTA,SOPA, wouldn't say "least productive".

new topics

top topics

join