It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney might be trouble: "Foreign Cash Disqualifies Romney from Presidential Bid"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's the link, found it in a hunt for current affairs in the RNC, I think I found it in the Daily Paul but can't remember.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Anyway, when I read it I was filled with awe that a candidate would even attempt such a thing. I can't think of a pres candidate that has possibly done more illegal stuff, blatantly anyways.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Good find, but unfortunately this will go no where fast. They have been working long and hard to make sure the puppet is ready for this puppetshow election and it's too late to scrap him.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Shoot, I did an original search for this before I created it, but I see that (under some different words and using a different link) someone covered this a couple days ago. Mods sorry about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Being a foreign national disqualifies Obama from a presidential bid. So what.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No worries.
I posted that.
And it certainly may disqualify him.
I propose that all those donors be investigated and that all the cash be sent back if they are not citizens

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Anyone else having trouble opening the link? It seems to be shutting down my safari...
Didn't Obama go to France for a fundraiser during July 4th? Or was that for his campaign??

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnittotheground

Anyone else having trouble opening the link? It seems to be shutting down my safari...
Didn't Obama go to France for a fundraiser during July 4th? Or was that for his campaign??

And China as well as some other places.

All were supposed to be americans living abroad.
The article claims though that Mitt invited non americans.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh please! Obama was forced to return hundreds of thousands of dollars after investigations proved the money received was fraudulent/illegal. Google it and you'll have ten pages worth of results. And the big hypocrite hasn't returned any of the donation money he received from BAIN capital. The BAIN money isn't illegal but it does show how two faced he is.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is another thread from a story already posted. One word...D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Even though I am a Vet, I don't find Veternstoday as a credible source.

Just because a person has a college degree does not make them credible. Plenty of fruitcakes out there with degrees.

Just look at the Aurora shooter.

he was smart....supposedly.
edit on 16-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The difference is that your source claims that some of the cash he raised IS from non-citizens.

Romney has raised millions in foreign cash at fundraising events across Israel and London, those that we know of so far. One table alone gave him a million in cash. None was from American citizens.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The difference is that your source claims that some of the cash he raised IS from non-citizens.

Romney has raised millions in foreign cash at fundraising events across Israel and London, those that we know of so far. One table alone gave him a million in cash. None was from American citizens.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

And how is he different from any other politician?

I will bet you dollars to donuts even Ron Paul took foriegn money for his re-election campaigns.

They all do it. That is the just part of the problem

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Originally posted by TDawgRex
And how is he different from any other politician?

Show me where other politicians have done it and I'll answer that.

Obama has Raised Cash from Citizens Overseas, but not foreigners.

I will bet you dollars to donuts even Ron Paul took foriegn money for his re-election campaigns.

I don't want your dollars OR your donuts. I want a source that shows that Ron Paul did it, too.

They all do it.

Source, please?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But donuts are oh, so good!

I'm fixing to head off to work shortly, but when I return I'll look into it.

Heck, I may be wrong and will admit so. But I just don't trust politicians...ANY of them. Ron Paul included.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hmmm... I'd take you on that bet but it isn't really about who's right here. It is all about the Federal law.

I also think Mr. Gilbert (attorney for the Liberty delegates and the guy who's going after Romney in a RICO suit) is hot on the trail of Romney's illegal actions so this may be coming in on him from multiple sides.

Side note: I have high hopes for the Tampa RNC Convention but I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that an "event" will occur before hand (so... really soon) and things are going to go off course and distractions galore will take the heat off Rom and pals. But its just a feeling, nothing I feel like making a thread to create a worthless "prediction". Anybody getting that sense? I hope I'm wrong.

Back to it: I don't know if this law or the ones about the Romney Campaign's deliberate actions in the primaries and caucuses to defraud the election process are more important. My view is he's got tons of skeletons in the closet and people are shining lights everywhere, and the dude's not liking the level of scrutiny, probably thought the whole nation was asleep enough to get away with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

My view is he's got tons of skeletons in the closet and people are shining lights everywhere, and the dude's not liking the level of scrutiny, probably thought the whole nation was asleep enough to get away with it.

I think Obama and Romney have tons of skeletons in the closet, Just like most in Congress who have been there for a minute or two.

My dream would be that the MSM on Nov 7th reported. "The votes are in America...and wait a minute, Not one person voted for either Romney or Obama...THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED!"

A guy can dream? Can't he?

And admit it...you like donuts.
edit on 16-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Except this is already well known, your source simply lies to make it seem illegal.
www.standard.net...

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee was expected to raise more than $1 million from the donors, who each were required to raise or donate $25,000 to $50,000 to attend the event. All of the donors are U.S. citizens, and many of them flew here from the United States to be with Romney during his 36-hour visit to Jerusalem.

Maybe we can talk about Obama's fundraiser in France on July 4th? I guess they are both going to jail.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

Being a foreign national disqualifies Obama from a presidential bid. So what.

Exactly. So what. Rubbing it in our face is part of the sport, the sport of 'power'. It means when the media clang the 'civil war' bell, a race war will automatically ensue, since, after all, we wanted to see his transcripts.

As a side note, who has Ron Paul selected as his running mate?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Were I to hazard a guess I would think a huge percentage of Israelis are also Americans....

I might of posted more on this but the article is too ignorant to bother....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
This is another thread from a story already posted. One word...D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E!

Well of course we are desperate. We have two very bad choices, a corrupt known tyrant and another corrupt known tyrant. One of them HAS to get off the stage in hopes they will allow someone else who's actually qualified to be our President to get some spotlight - like Ron Paul.

Otherwise, there is no point in voting. Anyone who votes for either of these two tyrants deserves to be a victim of their corruption. That's the only way people will learn.

top topics

join