It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immigration precedent Jason Kenney is creating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok, did anybody else hear about Jason Kenney, Canada's immigration minister, stopping the Moroccan Sand soccer (Football) Team from competing in Monteal this week-end. The reason he gave was, the members of the team were....wait for it....POOR. What the heck!?!?!? He's affraid that they will illigaly immigrate to Cananda through the tournement. Strangely, I can't find anything on it this morning. What a crock of bovine feces. They're an international team. If they wanted to illigaly migrate to somewhere they would of done it already, don't you think?

This post is not really about the soccer itself, it's more about our government creating a very scary precedent. Will they stop olympians from competing in the future due to being poor as well. Or musical groups from performing at intantional events because their members don't have the minimum required of funds to enter our country? I think this diserves our attention. What do you think? As soon as I find a source for that info I'll post it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That is something else. We can't stop our Government from letting in God only knows who in numbers we only estimate and guess at on a daily basis...have for over 20 years now.

....and your goofball leader is screwing with a Professional Sports Team??? Heck, if they are good enough to get there, it sounds like asylum may benefit Canada! You could use backup players, right?

I mean really.. it does seem silly. Is it election time up there too or something?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Do you have a link to his statements stating it was because they were poor?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Can't find it. I heard him quoted, I think it was Global TV. [ it was not global. It waas RDI a french network] I'm looking for it as we speak.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Ok, it wasn't on Global. It was on RDI. A french channel in Canada. Here you go.

Link

I know it's in french...I'll put in a quote you can translate what's written.

« On nous a dit de la part d'Ottawa, qui a fait une vérification avec l'ambassade du Canada à Rabat, que certains joueurs n'ont pas une situation financière suffisante et que ça donnerait des doutes qu'ils pourraient rester ici après le tournoi »,

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i]reply to post by XLR8R

It wasn't Kenney's decision but The Canadian embasy in Morocco.[

Still it's pretty harsh and still creates a precedent.

top topics

join